GUEST DAYS AND PRICES - Updated 23/05/13

showmasters

I have to agree with David B on this one. If there's a star who's announced that I'm interested to meet I'll budget accordingly. I'm certainly not a super wealthy fan but I do know who I want and I think the pricing structure is as fair as it can be.

I always go with the mind set that the actor/actress is not coming back because you never know what the future holds in whether they don't like the experience, health declines or they sadly pass on. I'm always pleased that I made the effort to travel and meet Leslie Nielsen before he died. If I had the thought process of "he'll come over again" I would have been really gutted.

Photo is £30 same as LFCC, so expect Auto to be £45 again

£45 is a lot for 1 auto...hmmmmm I have 13 items to get signed by G.A. ......think I will subtract that amount by 13 and just get a Bagel!!!!...

Can understand people charging big amounts because of the people that put them up on ebay etc...

but for the true fans out there.. I feel for ye..I realy do... dont mind NON personal Autographs being charged more...

but I'm not forking out £45 sheets for a personalised Auto....

dont mind NON personal Autographs being charged more...

Funny, I feel exactly the opposite. I'm more likely to pay more if it means I get my item personalised by someone I admire than just getting a signature on it's own. Personalisations are more precious to me

Indeed the personalised auto I got from Gillian when I met her last year looks fantastic and is something I never thought i'd get in life. It's easy enough to buy her autograph from a dealer if that's all you want, but a lot of what you pay for is the personal experience.

Edited by JacknDaniel

dont mind NON personal Autographs being charged more...

Funny, I feel exactly the opposite. I'm more likely to pay more if it means I get my item personalised by someone I admire than just getting a signature on it's own. Personalisations are more precious to me

Indeed the personalised auto I got from Gillian when I met her last year looks fantastic and is something I never thought i'd get in life. It's easy enough to buy her autograph from a dealer if that's all you want, but a lot of what you pay for is the personal experience.

I'm with you on this one. For me it's all about getting things personalised. Although the retail value goes down with personalisations I'm not looking to sell them on so will always ask for a personalisation. Because autographs can be ought from dealers there is that personal touch that comes from having your name (and sometimes dedication) on the item.

• Moderators

I've never felt that there should be a price difference on personalised vs non personalised, nor should there be a difference on personal items etc. Always felt it was fair to have one price across the board as many people want different things, but no one is 'right' so to speak.

I've never felt that there should be a price difference on personalised vs non personalised, nor should there be a difference on personal items etc. Always felt it was fair to have one price across the board as many people want different things, but no one is 'right' so to speak.

Oh I completely agree, sorry was actually thinking JV was meaning in general he'd be willing to pay the higher price bracket like £45 if it was guaranteed he'd get it unpersonalised, but woulndn't be willing to pay it if it was personalised. Personally like you say David, the price should be the same across the board, but what I really meant is i'm always happier if it's expensive and I come away with a personalisation. Always feel like it was definitely worth it

• Moderators

It was just an associated thought I had with the discussion you were having. I know some people have often suggested they should be able to pay lower if they bring their own items etc.

But yes I'm one that definitely leans towards personalised, and have occasionally left someone if I couldn't get it.

Ditto, there have 1 or 2 i've left over the years when they've stopped personalising, thankfully not that many though. Got to love guests like Adam West, David Soul and Corey Feldman in previous years when they've insisted on personalising. May not be to everyones tastes but it certainly suits me

Is it unlikely that Jenna will be doing personalised autographs on the day?

It is not impossible, but personally I am considering it very unlikely.

HIi all, not sure if this has been picked up on yet, Ellie Kendricks photo price is listed as £10 on the website and on here, yet £15 on shop, just to make showmasters life more difficult ;)

That's also on the list of things we are waiting on confirmation for.

As i recall karen gillan was personalising last year....

Ultimately it is a decision that will be made on the day only. There are even some guests who insist on personalising for various reasons. If the mods give any estimate it is based on our previous experiences and personal estimates. There may always been pleasant surprised - I never would have expected a personalistion from Gillian Anderson either.

I'm wondering what the hold up is with the red dwarf cast :( hope they're still attending

I would also like an update on these 3 please :)

me three I am sure he said there will be a replacement dwarfer as well

Edited by Starbug

me three I am sure he said there will be a replacement dwarfer as well

Yeah Thats another thing im waiting for :/ I know that annoucements can be made from anytime up until the event, but for those people are specifically going for the Red Dwarf cast it would be nice if we could get a little update