GUEST DAYS AND PRICES - Updated 23/05/13

showmasters

Why is Eric millegan not on there, is he still going?!??

Yes, he is still going. The list wasn't updated in quite a while. A lot of the guests announced since then are missing.

Excellent! was slightly concerned me own self.

Also lovin' the name 'mrsmikaelson'. which original is it that you're married to then? I'd probably pick Klaus!

Why is Eric millegan not on there, is he still going?!??

Yes, he is still going. The list wasn't updated in quite a while. A lot of the guests announced since then are missing.

Excellent! was slightly concerned me own self.

Also lovin' the name 'mrsmikaelson'. which original is it that you're married to then? I'd probably pick Klaus!

Ha ha is it wrong of me to want them all, maybe not Finn but defo the other 3 ;):wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Chris Barrie.............................................TBC..................................Auto £15

Craig Charles..........................................TBC.................................Auto £15

Robert Llewellyn......................................TBC................................Auto £15

Are these three not doing photoshoots!!!!????

It says on the website that they are and that they are £15 for a photoshoot!

But here it doesnt even list them as having a photoshoot?

Anyone know when online shop close it caught me out last year

About 2 weeks before the event. Normally a warning is posted. I'd start checking the forum for the closing date about a month out.

Chris Barrie.............................................TBC..................................Auto £15

Craig Charles..........................................TBC.................................Auto £15

Robert Llewellyn......................................TBC................................Auto £15

Are these three not doing photoshoots!!!!????

It says on the website that they are and that they are £15 for a photoshoot!

But here it doesnt even list them as having a photoshoot?

This thread has not been updated for the "TBC" parts in quite a while. That's the reason why no photoshoot is mentioned. Jason has mentioned photoshoot tickets for the Red Dwarf guys in several other posts.

• Like 1

£55 for two Roy Jones Jrs? :P

Think theres been a typo, bit ot much cut and pasteing.

I belive what they what to say is a double photoshoot with Joe Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr

Yeah I got that. :)

Yes i agree i mean how long can it take to negotiate a price for an auto? A lot of us depend on the price list being updated on a regular basis to budget for the WHOLE weekend not just for the autos. When i am prepared to spend about £400 plus on autos and i am sure i am not the only one who does at these shows,its nice see how much you need to save up for etc. As for Mary Ellen Trainor i cant see her coming as her price still has not been put up. Past experience has shown that anyone who still has not had their days put up means ultimately they are a no show. As for Ms Anderson being £30 this time and she was £45 last time says a lot doesnt it? And the same goes for Mr Lawson who if you dont get him this time thats it game over, right thats why he is coming again to a show. I tell you boys and girls if this carries on this could be end as the prices of autos is going up and the wages are not matching it. Being a family man i am surprised i have managed to go to as many shows as i have done in the last three years or so. Its not that i dont want to come anymore but lets be realistic about the pricing guys ok?

As i have said before keep it as cheap as possible thus MORE people will come and see the guests rather than the diehard super rich fans who would pay anything for guest A OR B. Once organisers know that people will pay anything for guest A or B then it starts getting ridiculous, and it shouldnt go down that road at all as i really fail to see how one guest can be one price one year and a cheaper price the next. If thats the case i wont bother with Jenna L Coleman as she will be a cheaper price next year or next time... Oh wait i forgot this will be her only planned appearance wont it? lol. So we wont have a repeat of Karen Gillan then?

Just a heads up to the mods, you haven't listed Rupert Young's photoshoot price which is £10 in the shop http://www.btowstore...cts/C19YOUNGsat :)

Thanks but the updates are normally carried out by Showmasters. The mods generally don't make any changes unless requested by them.

Edit: An update on the price list has been requested by QS.

Edited by 1of2

Its not that i dont want to come anymore but lets be realistic about the pricing guys ok?

As i have said before keep it as cheap as possible thus MORE people will come and see the guests rather than the diehard super rich fans who would pay anything for guest A OR B. Once organisers know that people will pay anything for guest A or B then it starts getting ridiculous, and it shouldnt go down that road at all as i really fail to see how one guest can be one price one year and a cheaper price the next.

The prices are based on various factors (guest/agent fees, travel, accommodation, etc) so can be subject to change.

One of those factors is the quantity of autographs that can be signed. Dropping the price so that more people will get an autograph is not really workable for that reason. For the purpose of this example assume that 800 autographs per day is the maximum that a guest can sign per day. Based on that, charging £20 instead of £30 will require an extra 400 (if my maths is correct) autographs to reach the same total for that day. As it takes a day to sign 800 where would you find the time to sign the extra 400 that would be required? That is another half a days signing to fit within the same day.

The prices are kept as low as possible, and with the odd exception most are within the £10-£20 range and have been for a number of years now.

• Moderators

Also - "Only planned appearance" is never a lie.

We've had guests that have never come back because they decided it wasn't really their thing. Sometimes it takes years to persuade someone to come and they enjoy it and do it again, but there's never any guarantee. So why suggest they will be coming back when it might not happen. No one wants anyone to miss out.

And on a more morbid front - people have left guests thinking 'oh I'll get them next time' and they don't come back because sadly they pass away. So whatever happens, I'd never feel comfortable leaving a guest in case they're cheaper next time, unless I really have to.