ok what did everyone think of the film

showmasters

It's a superb film - the media didn't stop going on about the length of it as though it brought the film down. After seeing it I can conclude that's absolutely ridiculous - the time flew by and I was ready for more.

The scenery is breathtaking, the story utterly absorbing. I think I've had an emotional back-up over this past year as I couldn't help myself from crying during the first 10 minutes, so watch out as that may catch you out as well lol.

A second viewing is certainly on the cards :)

• Like 1

It was an incredible film. I wouldn't agree that Gollum stole the show(to me that'd be a bit unfair to the first 2 hours or so that passed without him in it), or that Martin Freeman in particular was standout, but to me, everything together made the film perfect, there wasn't one thing that I could criticise. One of the most enjoyable films i've seen in years, or even my life. The running time was absolutely not an issue. I went to see it in 2D as it's the preferred version, but I plan to see it again in HFC as i'm curious about it, and did think that 1 or 2 scenes looked as if they need to have more fluid motion.

Absolutely loved it!!

The HFR looked spectacular, and as with LOTR the scenery was outstanding!

Not at one point was I bored, and by the looks of the rest of the cinema, neither were they! I only saw one person leave, so for a 2hr40min that's pretty impressive!

Gollum was wonderful, the dwarfs were highly entertaining (and in some cases exceptionally yummy *cough Aidan Turner cough*), having FIGWIT back was brilliant.......just loved it!

My only criticisms would be the higher use of CGI on the Goblins. They still looked great but part of what I loved about LOTR was that they we all just people in suits! Also, was not keen on the Trolls, but that is easily over-looked......

Bring on December 2013!!!!!!!!!