some news from last night

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

just thought i would post a bit that i put up on my face book page to bring you all up to date on were we are and some background on what we are doing for this event .

i went to the premier of the Hobbit last night i had a really great time loved the film so please it is so good and is as good as the other films , i met up with lots of the cast fist off i met up with Andy Serkis for the first time for two year and he was the same great guy i have come to know and he was also very pleased how the film came out , then Dom and Billy then i sat down to watch the film , then we left to go to the after show party and got on the coach with Kiran Shah and his son , then we got to the party and met up with Jed ho is a really great guy and introduced me to Peter Jackson someone i have wanted to meet for a long time and someone i have some collecting things in common WWII relics and film props , he really is a lovely man and he has made another really great film , then i got to meet and talk to ,Ian McKellen , James Nesbit, Aidan Turner, Sylvester McCoy ,

Graham McTavish,Stephen Hunter ,John Callen,

Peter Hambleton, sorry if i missed a few , it was a busy night and there may have been some champagne involved i talked to them all about events and some are well on there way with working out an agreement to attend some of our event in 2013 and two have agreed to attend so as soon as we have the contracts back we will let you all know more , all the guests were really cool and we are so looking forward to bringing them to our event so you can meet these great guys , all in all a really great night amazing film and getting to meet Perter and catching up with Andy again was so great , i have to thank my good friend Adam who helped me along the way tonight.

so as you can see we are networking and getting ready for this event more to come very soon

jason

• Like 3

Awesome story :) Good to hear that you got to explain about the event to the cast members themselves.

Can;t wait to hear about the event next year!

P.S: I was waiting outside the premier last night - was very very cold, but got to meet the cast :)

Ah, just wondered as this new event sounds like it will be a lot bigger therefore I thought it might be bigger and more SM styled

I know you won't know much but will prices for tickets be higher than ME if a ME event if it may be an offical event like said on the cancelled RTME page?

If it's usual ME show prices, I suspect this will be a £225 gold pass event rather than £195, as some of the guests could be Kiwis/Aussies/Americans.

In the first announcer my on the RTME cancellation Jason said that it should be bigger in terms f guests and things to do which makes it sound more SM related but then idk

I would guess tickets will be around £40-£90 standard but that's only my guess so likely wrong :)

Either way I'm happy and hope to see this announcement very soon :D