Destination Star Trek ? future events

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

well we have put DSTL to bed and we have all had a little time to rest and look back on the event.

everyone here at Showmasters that was involved in this event are very proud of what we all achieved as a team, it was one of the biggest conventions in the world for a sci-fi convention.

there were over 18,000 fans attending this event which was a lot of people to look after and we had news things being used for the first time as well so there was some challenges for the event and us as a team but we got most of it to work and the event was enjoyed by many many people over the weekend.

we learnt a lot of things also things that worked 100% and things that need improving which for future events we will be doing just that , but over all it was a great start to something quite amazing, and the future is looking great for big events like this in the future.

i do not plan to go over all the aspects of the event that worked and did not work here but what i would like to know is if we were to take this event to another country where would you like it to be ?

so where in the world would you like the next Destination Star Trek to be ?

lets us know by posting on here

thanks

jason

Edited by Rhianydd
  • Like 1

I very much enjoyed DSTL and am glad to hear that there are plans afoot to run more events in the future. I have to be honest though and say that although I would certainly go to future events if they were run in the UK, I think I would be unlikely to travel abroad for the event. That is no comment on the organisation or any other aspect, its just that spending the extra money on travel/accomodation on top of the usual event costs such as tickets, autographs etc would just make it too expensive.

That said I am aware that plenty travelled to the UK for the last show so maybe it doesn't do any harm to share things about a bit.

Edit: I hadn't noticed this was posted to the Euro Forum by SM which presumably was intended to get opinions from people in mainland Europe rather than the UK so any mods reading can delete my post!

Edited by Count Fooku

• 3 weeks later...

I think that DSTL worked because it was in the UK, mainly because the uk hasn't had an event like that before and should be held here again

That's a rather flawed arguement. It worked well here because it hadnt been done before here - that no longer applies. It has been done before here. Therefore somewhere else that hadn't had it before would do well too.

Saying that I'd be surprised if it went out the UK, its more of a gamble trying somewhere else.

London would be an ideal location, and I say that as someone based in Oslo, Norway.

In London there is not only no shortage of venues, there is also no shortage of accomodation in all priceranges, and the collective transport system is good enough to take you from said accomodation to the venue, even if there is some distance between the two...(just rotten luck that the DLR was down for the count that particurlar weekend). Furthermore, everyone you might require even the sliggest assitance from speaks English, and finally; London is such a central city that it is relatively costefficient and easy to get to from pretty much anywhere in mainland Europe.

The vast majority of large Eurpoean cities virtually all of those boxes, but London is to my awareness the only one that ticks all.

Also, I would imagine the UK has the largest number os Star Trek fans, allthough I do not know this for a fact.

So I vote for London.

Failing that, Franfurt or Berlin.