Party Themes Announced

showmasters

i'd rather not do that, all will be revealed at the con :)

I'm not Carter-ing, but I'm thinking about maybe getting a costume for Saturday (maybe desert?) so we have to make sure we get a few photos together!

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously a question from a Yank/n00b to the idea of "fancy dress" is this more like costume contest or theme dress. Obviously I have quite a few outfits that I could pass off as "Vegas" attire.... LOL and as for Laboratory night is that going to be SGA related outfits or any lab type wear?

Please excuse the ignorance. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out I'm now free to go to Chevron 8 so 3 weeks to get costumes ready. Think it will be Major Kendricks Stargate Command uniform, desert sg1 uniform, Msgt Greer sgu uniform and K'tano outfit when he fought Teal'c! Lots to get ready! :smile:

*wondering if going "Vegas strip" chick would be overboard...*

And I seriously need a labcoat... where I can buy one of those cheap? hmmm *starts thinking of Doctor friends to steal---I mean borrow from*

:whistling:

when thinking of costumes remember that there will be children at the parties so probably don't want to be too revealing.

haha, obviously you grew up in a very different environment from me!

• Like 1

when thinking of costumes remember that there will be children at the parties so probably don't want to be too revealing.

Oh ok, good to know. Not that I was going to go into too far revealing, more like just party girl Vegas type of idea. (and when you've been to Vegas, a lot of these ladies look like they could jump right on a pole :whistling: )

• Like 1

I was thinking about going as Qetesh, but I can't show that much skin because of bruises. So I think that I'll go as a wraith! :) for the Vegas night. I'm going to be a geeky girl for the scientists party! :)

Oooh, like the Vegas wraith... all dark and hardcore looking... that'd be something I wish I had the time/patience for the makeup ;)

Thanks for that! You've cheered me up as I was unsure if anyone would think that it was a good idea. I was going to do the toned down wraith for Vegas but I think that I'll go the whole hog and do a full wraith queen :)

This is going to be the first convention I've been to in two years and I hope it will be fun! I've not been because I've had really bad depression, but this will hopefully put a smile on my face! :)

P.S. I'm hoping we play some Blackjack at Vegas night! I'll even be dealer! ;) I wish I could find my multiple decks I won at the Flamingo in Vegas!

I love blackjack, only game I know how to play! We should gamble for forfeits!

So is Sheppard going to be at the party on Sat night?

Shame I dont have an appropriate costume :( I have lots of Star Wars and Star Trek ones lol.

you can still wear your starwars one. there are a few regulars who wear starwars costumes.

So is Sheppard going to be at the party on Sat night?

Shame I dont have an appropriate costume :( I have lots of Star Wars and Star Trek ones lol.

There will be an alternate reality Sheppard copy at least :)

(hope it turns out ok...)