Cosplay

OverGeek

13958_234642156328_611221328_4582162_6314785_n.jpg This is who i will hopefully be cosplaying on the Saturday of the con. Uploading a pic to ask your guys opinion on what i should make the black and red skirt out of. (Wasn't kidding when i said it would be awkward) I have the stuff for the cage on top and have a rough idea how to make the armor it's just the metal dress that stumps me :I

I would say it depends on yourself StockingFairy and how you judge your skill level in desigining and making the thing (of course it come down to budget too).

Going by the search of other cosplayers doing this charater, the majority seem to simply have cut material to shape, though the more impressive ones are some kind of pvc/leather combo and finally the highly diffcult but dead on, plastic resin molds.

Are you going to make her weapon as well? recon if you pull it off you could well be the winner two years in a row. (what is the prize btw?)

@wagitagi I'm sure that's going to look awesome on the day! I'll look forward to seeing it!

@StockingFairy I think I'm going to have to agree with Brian here, PVC or pleather is going to be your best bet, though I'd maybe make the red lining a lighter, more breathable fabric. As awesome as you'll no doubtly look, we don't want you overheating and feeling ill, dear! I'm sure it's going to be brilliant!

Edited by ZaraMcA
  • Like 1

I'll be making my own way there with my brother (OC sith, probably) and my girlfriend (still no idea haha) so we'll see you guys there, would be awesome to meet out back and get a full-cosplay photoshoot hehe! Other than that, my twitter is @Razen_Cosplay so if y'all need to get in touch with me/us feel free hehe, sorry, I don't have facebook v_v

@Brian awesome man :) You can go down the shop-bought saber/cloak road, or if you're handy with a sewing machine and a soldering iron, you could make them yourself. The Jedi-Robe store has great cloaks (my brother actually wears one with his sith costume), although the sabers were both made by me, using www.jqsabers.com components :) You can get them to make the saber down there and send it up to you, or if you get the kit I could always wire it up for you

• Like 1

There's a Jedi-Robe store? I kinda like the idea of getting a kit if you don't mind helping me put it together. I'd love to do a cosplay of Anakin when he first becomes Vader, though i'd prefer a red saber.

Yeah man, Jedi-Robe.com hehe I'd be happy to help ya buddy :)

I prefer sticking with my OC Jedi, means I don't really have to stick to any real standards hehe

• Like 1

Yeah, after seeing the costs i'll probibly be my own version first and slowly build it up to higher standards.

Haha well ya can get the cloak off the Jedi Robe eBay for about £25. My jedi cloak was hand-made, but I'm rebuilding it at the moment. As for the undercloak, I use a Karate Gi, round about £15-20 off eBay, then the boots can be motorcycle boots or whatever you have lying around, The belt is something you can pick up off eBay, or make yourself like I did, and the Obi and Tabards are just straps of material.

It is quite an expensive piece of kit all in, but if ya just buy bit by bit at a time, it feels like less money haha.