Cosplay

OverGeek

kenny-

awesome that your fiance is better ur doing the show.

well get that pic once n for all...

im really looking forward to tmrw, just really beat from an (abnormally) busy week n got quite a lotta painting to still do for ma deathstroke.

i should be able to get it done tho...

but tmrw will make it all worthwhile!!!

seeing u all finally wil be brilliant too!!!

• Like 1

My friend, Greg who coming with me tomorrow is also dressing up. For those who were at last year event, if you remember a guy walking about with a troll mask on the saturday...yeah that was him.

Anyway, he asked me to post a picture of his outfit. This year he is going as Dan from the animated series 'Dan VS.' and he has also made little plushes of Mr Mumbles (Dan's Cat) which are very good.

1098429_10152424359572524_620060781_n.jpg

The photo shopped face is just for laughs he says XD.

So yeah, one day left. I'm sick with excitement, I really am. So looking forward to seeing everybody and also great to hear the good news about you and your fiance, Captain.

I hope to have a great time this weekend and hope everyone hear does as well.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, late in joining the party here as I forgot about the forum! I'm going to be doing Disney cosplay for this one, Merida tomorrow and a zombie cinderella on Sunday :) This is my test on Merida! It's the first time I'm cosplaying fully from scratch rather than sewing together ready-made bits and bobs, so that's exciting.

merida1.png

One question, am I going to be okay with my bow set? I have two... I've got a wooden bow and I've got the one Disney sell for Merida which is the plastic kids playtoy. WIll I be okay walking around with one of them? I'd prefer the wooden one, it's a much better size and more convincing. I'm never too sure about the cosplay rules for this stuff and it's always different!

Also, hi! It's been a LONG time since I was on the forum and also, I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else is wearing and taking loads of pictures. I've only been cosplaying for a year, this is only my third event dressed up as anything, a little nervous since am coming on my own tomorrow but at least I have people to hold my stuff while I go zombiefied on sunday :D

Edited by indehed
  • Like 3

if anyone see's a person with black armor plate with overalls a weired helmet like a dalek and a gun like a dalek you'll know it's me don't be shy, i won't bite just come and say hi i'd like to meet you captain as well as everyone he he he. see all of ya tomorrow

@indehed, welcome along to the forums always great to see new people and interests.

Always great to see more zombies too, seems i may have spread an infection lol. I'll be a Walker (Walking Dead zombie) on the Saturday, shame it's not on the same day as yours.

Edited by Brian Cairns

Ok so getting a cosplay ready a week before my masters project is due in didn't work (I wasn't hopeful!). I'll probably be fursuiting for a bit tomorrow then changing back, if you see anyone with a big case please come over and say hi- I'd like to make some new friends but I'm far too shy to talk to anyone.

• Like 3

I don't think anyone who cosplays has confidence issues.

I'm still wondering what to say to Robert Englund. I'll be getting his book signed and one hand you want to ask all the questions you have and it be a pleasant experience and obviously it is a solo thing but there are times when it just doesn't work out and before you know it the next person is meeting them and your time is gone. Sometimes I look at ques and I'm grateful there are people there because it helps me get in the mood for it and even though you feel pressured to hurry up and let the person behind you meet them,just hearing the fans in front talk and ask questions can give you ideas on what to ask or talk about and if you're nervous can give you a little boost of confidence. I imagine that's what some cosplayers are like such as yourself. I would never approach people to say hello, it's just not me but it is nice to meet new people

@brian

nope, I wasn't there last year, so it wasn't me and I only just finished the costume yesterday :) this is my first cosplay at Glasgow, only ever done anything twice before. In London for the LFCC I did star wars twi'lek and then Danny from Hawaii 5-0 genderbend. And last year at Star Wars celebration I did padme. SO I'm really only just getting into it :)

I've only ever cosplayed characters that don't talk, I am actually terrible for it. I can play characters well until I actually have to talk then I get really nervous. Luckily I like monsters.

I'm going to make more of an effort to speak to some people this year, and also bring enough money for all the things I want.

• Like 1

I woulda thought cosplaying would have been an ideal way to network and meet people from other parts of the country or trading contact info. I do have my own quiet moments but it's only if I don't know what to say but in those instances I've found just being around people in the ques helps that so I'm sure when you cosplay, even though you don't need to talk I'm sure you enjoy it even more when there are others around cosplaying too. You can't change who you are. Of course I've been told for years that a horror convention in the UK would not work yet I see horror stars at these shows doing pretty well. That's the kind of people I would most likely mingle with because i'm not into things like Star Wars and The Hobbit and Dr Who but I wish I could make more friends at conventions but because of my interests, my options are limited as to who to talk to and the way things are just now I would not and probably could not walk up to someone and strike up a conversation but at the same time no one is likely to do that with me so it's catch 22.

But you cosplayers will be surrounded by good company all weekend.

Robert Englund photo bombed me one year at lfcc while i was wearing my moogle onesie.... sadly i have no idea who took the photo... but i bet it looked awesome XD

and nope... it's not 11.30 pm and i'm styling wigs... nope... not all all.

I am super late to the party (no idea why I didn't sign up to the forum before!) and I'm loving reading about everyone's cosplays! I'm going to be doing some shots for my photography site, so I'd love to get some of everyone in costume! I'll be the chubby female Captain Kirk haha so come say hi! :)