Cosplay

OverGeek

Don't be! More people will likely give you a pat on the back for having tried rather than just buying.

Personally I'm finding the cosplay community is becoming less judgemental in terms of buying or making yourself. Which can only be a good thing!

• Like 2

sue the local cosplay community is far more excepting now as none of the snobby cosplayers cosplay anymore or show up to meets so we basically took over and started running amok. more love for da store bought cosplays, and the trial and error cosplays :3

• Like 3

god i hope so.

never done this dressing up lark before (not properly anyway) and although im telling others not to sweat it on the forum, ill admit to sum serious nerves starting to kick in myself...!!!

its just the fact that my costume has a few fiddly moving parts n i worry bout walking around with my mask on lop-sided or sumthn!!!

but i know within myself that everything will be fine and ill fit in with all the other cosplayers on the day...

just....nerves....nnnnnnngggggg!!!!!

• Like 2

Trust me, once you start meeting people, you'll just feel like part of the family.

I remember when I went to my first meet. I felt my cosplay was so inferior, and that people would be judgemental. But after 5 mins, I just felt like I belonged.

I'll also make sure I bring along my cosplay repair kit incase anyone has any mishaps. :)

• Like 2

i forget...anyone else cosplaying a DC Character?

I am, I'm going as the Joker (animated series)

1185970_10152415336812524_825531299_n.jpg

546893_10152415336772524_1899437420_n.jpg

Saving the make-up for the actual event and will have less of a 5 o'clock shadow on the day you'll agree XD. I just kept it simple for the costume (special credit to my aunt for helping with the sewing), but I'm pleased with the result. Couple of finishing touches still of make and I'm done.

Edited by MentalHaggis1990
  • Like 1

I will be selling some cosplays at my stall.

I have a never worn Night Class Uniform from Vampire Knight, fit maybe a size 14-16. I bought if for £85 so will be selling it for that, It comes with trousers, shirt, tie, waist coat and Jacket.

Barnaby Brooks Jr coat, boots and Wig- coat is a size 16, boots are a size 7, selling the bundle for £20

A blue and white school girl uniform size 10/12 - £30

Custom made Mimi from Digimon Dress soze 10/12 -£15

a mascot head of B-rabbit from the anime Pandora hearts for sale for £10

I will also have my biggest prop on display, The Magun from Final Fantasy Unlimited. Not for sale but feel free to get a picture holding it.

I will also have hotos of my various cosplay and crossplay work so feel free to ask me anything.

• Like 2

dont worry MDP iam nervous too but also excited as it is my first time too the cosplay community at glasgow is one of the friendlist,thanks padawan that would be great,thats awesome brian cant wait to see your costume next year,hi fraser your chuck costume is really good,cant wait to meet everyone and see all your awesome costumes

• Like 2

captain sparrow-

we all may never have met yet, but uv got 30+ friends on here pulling for your fiance and you right now, buddy.

best to you both amd hopes its not as bad as thought, bro.

we will all meet the Cap'n soon enuf at a show im sure so dont worry bout this weekend, theryll b plenty more, man.

:-) ♡

• Like 3

Don't think ill b able to make it atm :( my fiance who suffered a heart attack 4 months ago has been rushed bk into hospital today so fingers crossed its a false alarm!

Don't worry about the event Kenny, your fiance

comes first a foremost. Hope she recovers to full health soon and it's nothing too serious. If we don't see you on the day we'll know why and our thoughts will be with you, all the best and take care.

• Like 1