Cosplay

OverGeek

same here.

my bane from TDKR mask fell apart cos it was....well, terrible, so now ive got nothing.

im gonna end up cosplaying as 'plain-clothes civilian at convention' if i dont get a move on with something else...

You can be an extra?

OR

Beat up cowboy/baseball cap

Dirtied up clothes

Shotgun

ZOMBIE HUNTER!

OR you can have dirtied up clothes, and go as the survivor of the last Godzilla attack?

• Like 2

im gonna end up cosplaying as 'plain-clothes civilian at convention' if i dont get a move on with something else...

Scar, sellotaped glasses, clothes five sizes to big - preHogwarts Harry.

Suit too short in the legs, top hat, beard - Abraham Lincoln

Add an axe - Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter! (That's my go-to costume!)

Attach a green diamond over your head and be a Sim, or get a red diamond and walk around complaining that you're starving or exhausted. Better yet get a red diamond, and convince someone to follow you around dressed as Death.

• Like 3

We are soooo going to clash. Let me know what shoes and handbag so at least we are a little different.

ill be going with a splendid seasonal t-shirt complete with a transformers motif, a faux-ripped pair of denim trousers and a decadently stylish pair of hide moccasins.

in other words, mate...Jeans, T-shirt, Boots...

unless, i get my finger out and start a costume pronto..

you not considering dressing up for the first time?

i read somewhere you dont cosplay?...

• Like 3

lesmiz1.jpg

I'm planning on doing a Grantaire cosplay from the Les Miserables film - the one of the far right with the green waistcoat.

I'm wondering - I'm hoping to get my wig from Arda Wigs as I've heard they're very good, but has anyone else every bought from them? Arda's ran by cosplayers so they know what they're talking about, but it's based in America so I'm not sure about shipping ect.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to making this!

• Like 1

lesmiz1.jpg

I'm planning on doing a Grantaire cosplay from the Les Miserables film

Ah, perfect! We'll almost be a pair!

Grantaire is one of my favourite characters (along with Jehan) but I have to say I was seriously upset about the lack of chemistry between Grantaire and Enjolras in the film - Enj does have friends other than Marius!! Also he wasn't drunk enough! More drunk, more stains.

Still haven't worked out how to get a flagpole onto the plane. Think it counts as hand luggage?

Edit: omg I just noticed that bottle. lol.

Edited by Inga

We are soooo going to clash. Let me know what shoes and handbag so at least we are a little different.

ill be going with a splendid seasonal t-shirt complete with a transformers motif, a faux-ripped pair of denim trousers and a decadently stylish pair of hide moccasins.

in other words, mate...Jeans, T-shirt, Boots...

unless, i get my finger out and start a costume pronto..

you not considering dressing up for the first time?

i read somewhere you dont cosplay?...

You read somewhere? Damn my publicist, for that to be leaked to the general public is of great concern ;)

Nah, its not that i won't, id just be a big bag of sweat on the day if I did. Never (ever) been to anything like this before, don't know a soul there and I'd worry myself into feeling like 12lbs of manure in a 10lb bag. Think I'll stick with the handbag idea ;)

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I'm a noobie here on the forum but having read a lot of posts i would like to say what a pleasure it is to see so many of you doing the cosplay thing, must take some amount of time, effort and expense.

This will be my third collectormainia Glasgow and myself and my two Sons cant wait until August.

Cheers.

• Like 8

@The Laird, it's your own personal choice though i always much prefer to keep to the uk for anything online, that way you always know where it's coming from and exactlly how much you'll be paying for any item.

Here's good site to try, http://www.cosplayfu.co.uk/ hope that helps.

I'll have a look at it - thanks!

lesmiz1.jpg

I'm planning on doing a Grantaire cosplay from the Les Miserables film

Ah, perfect! We'll almost be a pair!

Grantaire is one of my favourite characters (along with Jehan) but I have to say I was seriously upset about the lack of chemistry between Grantaire and Enjolras in the film - Enj does have friends other than Marius!! Also he wasn't drunk enough! More drunk, more stains.

Still haven't worked out how to get a flagpole onto the plane. Think it counts as hand luggage?

Edit: omg I just noticed that bottle. lol.

Maybe you could get the flag pole into a few pieces and fit it in your suitcase or something?

And, I know what you mean - I really wanted to see a lot more interaction between Enjolras and Grantaire but, oh well.

Is that bottle suggestive? ;-)

Edited by TheLaird
  • Like 1

Maybe you could get the flag pole into a few pieces and fit it in your suitcase or something?

And, I know what you mean - I really wanted to see a lot more interaction between Enjolras and Grantaire but, oh well.

Is that bottle suggestive? ;-)

I was thinking about maybe posting it to Glasgow beforehand. How much d'ya reckon that'd cost me?!

I was really disappointed that they missed out their bit of Drink With Me, but I am LOVING that Grantaire is staring right into Enjolras' eyes (albeit with a very scared look on his face) whilst holding that bottle there in that picture!! Everyone else is just looking at him like wtf?

I have a lot of love for this pairing, so tbh I think I would have been disappointed no matter who they cast. It's very rare that I see a Grantaire that I feel is good enough. He needs to be way more devoted to Enj, and MORE DRUNK.

@clumprider, hello and welcome along to the forums. Thank you for your kind words, it always makes the extra effort worthwhile when someone like yourself can appreciate the costumes us cosplayers put together.

Feel free to come up and have a chat and maybe take a few photos on the day, we're all a friendly bunch.

• Like 3

Hello everybody,

I'm a noobie here on the forum but having read a lot of posts i would like to say what a pleasure it is to see so many of you doing the cosplay thing, must take some amount of time, effort and expense.

This will be my third collectormainia Glasgow and myself and my two Sons cant wait until August.

Cheers.

Well I'll be dressed as Leatherface, so I'll be easy to spot XD

Needless to say if you or the lads want to come up and say hi feel free :)

As Brian says, we're all a friendly bunch XD

• Like 2

I say this every year, but if anyone's ever cutting about on their own and looking for some chat, look for the UKCM/prop display table - MoJo's told me that we'll be back in the foyer again this year, so there'll be props and costumes to see, and hopefully some extra coolness for photytooking!

• Like 5