where do you want to see the next big signing show to be in the UK ?

showmasters

The next Collectormaina should be where   

154 members have voted

1. 1. visit our next new show you help chose where it will be ? vote multiple choices

• Edinburgh
    • Leeds
    • Blackpool
    • Belfast
    • Manchester
    • Brighton
    • Cardiff
    • Sheffield
    • Bristol
    • Birmingham
    • Bluewalter in Kent
    • Liverpool
    • York
    • Nottingham
    • Coventry
    • Southampton
    • Exeter
    • Norwich
    • Cambridge
    • Hull

• Moderators

please come to Brighton Jason I am sure one of your events would go down well here

I know you're only saying Brighton because you live there, and that's fair enough, but it's a problem with what people vote with on here. At least something like Bluewater above is more likely logistically.

I love Brighton but I wouldn't say it's in a very good location to be bringing a mass audience to.

I love Brighton but I wouldn't say it's in a very good location to be bringing a mass audience to.

At present It's doing 4th in the Poll though. So if polls are listened to it's got to be a serious consideration.

I mean Bluewater was already announced, we all know an audience will go to Birminham. So I suppose Cardiff is the standout at the mo. Cardiff is good.

14 votes though. It's all relative really.

Well indeeed. I mean Jason has already said OK watch this space when any winner would of had under 25 votes at this time, but when over 70 said yes to a private signing with Sir Sean Connery 'no one was interested'

And it also shows I'd only have had a promote the poll on one local website, or enlisted 30 friends to put Exeter in the lead!

To be honest though, I wouldn't enjoy a local event in the same way. Half the fun is getting away from it all..

Voted for cardiff, Brighton, brum, blue watern Nottingham and Sheffield. If doing an event in Sheffield Magna would be a very cool place to hold it! Nottingham would be nice but Cardiff I feel is the best idea. Also why isn't Dublin on this list?

Great topic with some interesting results. For my mind, its worth noticing that Manchester is currently 5th with 15 votes, yet we know from experience that shows there aren't viable. Therefore I'd be surprised if Manchester (or Brighton with 16 votes) were under serious consideration. Bluewater seems like a no brainer, if SM can get a decent deal with the owners of it. Lets not forget that Collectormania became a juggernaut at CMK, so they have lots of valuable experience in shopping centres! Birmingham will be tough unless the right venue can be found and there are obvious difficulties with it. Cardiff is (for me) the most interesting one. Its not the most accessible of places, but there seems to be high demand there and some events HAVE run there (seemingly succesfully). (For the record, I don't live in Cardiff and my one trip there was a deeply unpleasant experience!!)

Well not being biased but Cardiff would be a fantastic venue as a lot has been filmed there in recent years. The Doctor Who Experience is based there. Torchwood was filmed there. Gavin And Stacey was filmed there. The fans like myself that have travelled for miles and stayed in hotels etc would find this such a welcome break from the hassles of travel fuel costs and hotels and this saving on money would be then spent on the guests and dealers etc. So i say bring it to Wales. Failing that Bristol or Birmingham but at least we wouldnt have to travel all the way to London MK etc. So heres hoping to a more LOCAL event for us collectors in Wales.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...