where do you want to see the next big signing show to be in the UK ?

showmasters

The next Collectormaina should be where   

154 members have voted

1. 1. visit our next new show you help chose where it will be ? vote multiple choices

• Edinburgh
    • Leeds
    • Blackpool
    • Belfast
    • Manchester
    • Brighton
    • Cardiff
    • Sheffield
    • Bristol
    • Birmingham
    • Bluewalter in Kent
    • Liverpool
    • York
    • Nottingham
    • Coventry
    • Southampton
    • Exeter
    • Norwich
    • Cambridge
    • Hull

• Showmasters Admin

This year 2012 has been a very exciting year for us with our events growing even bigger and the guests that we have managed to get to attend has been really quite amazing and have taken a step up from the year before.

LFCC was a much bigger event and this year we really feel it has become the event in the UK to be at and 2013 WILL be a much bigger event with much more to do and see as we have so much planned already.

Collectormania MK this year again worked very well and grew from the year before with lots of cool guests and the onsite party that was great fun to be at, and now that many new spaces in the stadium will be coming on line over the next year and as this event is the UKs first real signing show and a real fan favorite we will be going back to running two Collectormania a year like there used to be, this year was the first time we could run talks over the weekend and thats something we are planning to do more of , we also offered residence passes where people can stay at the stadium with the guests and get into the show before the general public and be able to party with some of the guests till the wee hours, all in all it was a great start to some of the new things we plan to do more of in 2013 at MK

2012 Collectormaina Glasgow was also a great event with a very strong attendance. This year's event changed a little where more of you bought autographs and photo ops and this was something that has changed from the years before so because of this we plan to bring bigger guests to this event as you have showed that this is something you want at this event so watch the forum for the first new guests for Collectormania Glasgow 2013! :YAHOO:

EMS had a good Saturday but our Sunday was quiet as we had lost one main guest we had lined up as it was unlucky we could not pull one big guest out of our hat like we normally do for the Sunday. But the Saturday was busy for EMS. Remember its not LFCC, something that everyone forgets. But for a EMS it was good on Sat and having Matt Smith and Mike Tyson was quite surreal this even is still a baby but we all can see that its going to build up and grow and when its as old as LFCC its will become a Monster event. ;)

Massive Events has had its successes and its failures Twilight, Stargate, Hallowhedon, stay strong and show us that many of you want us to keep on running these events, some of the other dedicated cons have not had the support that is needed to keep them going so we have had to stop running them. A lot of this is just down to the fact that people do have less money now days and just have to choose if they go or not. The events need a real strong fan base to keep an event going and if the numbers are not there it makes it very hard to make it happen. It's really down to fan power for these events, its not the dedication of the fans in any way at all, its the number of fans out there that is needed to make an event happen and of course us being able to get the guests you want to see. All in all we feel its better to try to put on a event and see if it all comes together where the fans are there and we manage to get the guests. Sometimes it works some times it does not. But we always refund everyone if an event is cancelled so there is no risk on your side and if you book your hotel rooms at the con hotel and use the code you are protected from losing anything as if it is cancelled your room will be refunded at the same time. We look out for you all and protect you all with the deals we have with the hotels . In 2013 we are going to change a few things at our smaller cons that will give you all that little bit more for your ticket price and out of your weekend so again watch this forum for news on Massive Events in 2013.

Star Trek well what can i say WOW what a ride never have i ever been so surprised and i have learnt so much in one show. more than i have learnt in all my years of running event. In fact in our office we learnt so much and this new info will be used in all our events over the year which will benefit all fans of all shows and we do have plans to develop more Licensed events with studios and distributors in 2013 and into the future. I have to say we are very excited here for 2013 and we want to tell you all so much but as with our star trek show we have to play by the rules and as we can say what we are put to we will let you all know. But there is a lot going on, so much so we are having to move to new bigger offices and we will be taking on more staff to cope with the amount of events we are running and co-running in 2013. Busy busy year ahead, we will keep you posted.

One last thing we have to talk about is the photo ops TECH upgrade to on site instant photos ops.

one small wait for fans a giant leap for fankind :coolthumb:

This is something we worked on for over 12 months to get right and roll out, it was the biggest most important thing we had to get right and develop for the past 5 years. Others events had tried it in a small way for a few hundred photo ops but we had the problem of having to produce 1000s in a day , and that the fans wanting photo ops was growing and it was at a point where we could not keep up with the amount of photos everyone was wanting over a weekend. so it was a case of ether cutting down the guests that took part in photo ops or cap the amount we can make available or work out a way to produce them as you leave the photo ops zones doing away with the 1 hour or 3 hour pick up later system. We got the system worked out, tested the Tech worked and started to unroll the system over the months running up to EMS. That show worked very well and full on on Saturday and then it was 100% tested to the limit at Destination Star Trek London where we took over 18,000 photos over the weekend, the most photo ops that any signing or convention has ever taking in the world. so we got a system that works well and better than ever before and at the same time we kept the quality of the product, and we evolved photo ops service we provide for all the fans wanting them and saving everyone's time and making it all so much less stress-full. and i have to also say with our new Photographers we took on it also changed where the photo ops used to be a sullen aspect of the weekend to a fun and exciting aspect of the weekend where now we even play some music where the guests really enjoy themselves with you and even have been none to have a little dance :-) so all in all our biggest success for everyone that's into photo ops and now as of Monday you will be also able to buy J-PEGs of your images after the show online so you can have digital images to keep for ever as well , so we have taken photo ops to the next level and to a place no other event company is trying to do or can do anywhere in the world for these numbers another world first for UK fans.

so where to go now , its been a great year we have grown so much over the last 12 months and now we are ready to bring more people over the UK, more of our events. so once again we are back looking at new places to run some new event in 2013.

so help us by voting and next year we will be running new events in the UK and your input will help us decide where we go , and if you want something closer to you and you have friends that live near you that also like these events get them to join on here and vote. it will make a difference as to where we go and we will look at listening to what you want from us in 2013. so please help us get it right and get the word out to as many people as you can. fan power is how we started at CMMK1 and that was where we saw you wanted the events we wanted to run and the rest was history , so help us make it happen again near you soon .

thanks for reading all this and i very much look forward to seeing where you want us to run our new events for 2013 .

see you all in 2013 :WAVE:

Jason

Edited by showmasters
  • Like 2

I'm a little surprised by the comment regarding "sullen" photoshoots - I only ever had photoshoots with Malcolm from the previous team, but they were a highlight of the events for me. I'm quite nervous about having my photo taken but he always made me feel relaxed, and as a result I have some wonderful photos.

I voted for Brighton, Birmingham, Liverpool and Coventry as they are all relatively easy for me to get to.

I though Bluewater was already penciled in?

there is no risk on your side

As stated on the other threads though you wouldn't be expected to refund travel costs, so that sounds like a risk to me.

I think you'd need to confirm 12 weeks before an event is due to run a questionable event is 100% going ahead. No avoiding/ignoring the question when asked. No leaving people to assume all is ok because they haven't heard otherwise. A little assurance goes a long way, and avoids usually unwarrented concerns.

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised by the comment regarding "sullen" photoshoots - I only ever had photoshoots with Malcolm from the previous team, but they were a highlight of the events for me. I'm quite nervous about having my photo taken but he always made me feel relaxed, and as a result I have some wonderful photos.

I'd agree with this, Malcolm ran a pretty strict operation and he may have been a bit snappy at times but the end product was always excellent quality. Although I've had no real complaints about the photos this year, I had more near misses at one show than I did at all the shows when Malcolm took them. It seemed to me that a lot of the near problems were down to the more 'carnival' like atmosphere in the photo areas which I felt meant the photographer wasn't really taking the care and attention he should have been.

Not really, if it means having an event on my doorstep then I'm all for it.

We'd all like them on our doorstep.

I've said it before, but its a shame SM can't do a Collectomania on tour - one day at several events take a few dealers and the same guests and see what venue did best.

I voted for Cardiff and Bristol, in terms of time its as long to get there for me than London, but any excuse to visit them I will take. I know it would be hard to convince y'all down to Exeter.

Birmingham would be good, it's local to me and surely pretty easy to get to for most. Most of your cons are in the south so would be good to get a Midlands con.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

ok we will have some news on this very soon we are just closing a deal with one venue ready for 2013 so keep an eye on this space for the latest news and if yo have not voted then please do as we are looking at these numbers to help make up our mind where we are running the next lot of new events

jason