Downloadable JPEG's fan photo shoot library going on line Monday

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to let you all know the good news that we are now ready to roll out our Photo shoot picture library web site at 1pm on Monday.

For those of you that wish to have your photo shoots on JPEG's so you can used them in a digital format and use them on the net , Facebook or print them off yourselves etc this is for you.

Also if you lose your hard copes you can look them up in this library and order them so you have them again :-)

We have all the photo shoot photos from the very first event we started doing photo ops , so there are many images to go through and look at.

We will be charging £4.99 for a standard size image file and for the full size file they will be £5.99

We are also going to offer the chance to have your image put on a canvass and on larger size images on photographic paper as well.

The library when it go's live on Monday will have Showmasters/Massive Events years 2006,2008 and 2009 photos that will be every photo we have taken in these years and we will also be putting up this years London Film and Comic Con as well.

Over the next few weeks we will also be adding to the Library till we have all the photo ops ready for you to buy and download.

This is an extra service we have added to our events and it has taken many months getting this library uploaded as there is such a vast amount of images in our archive, and now we have this service up and running you will be able to pop in and see your self and your friends and remember these amazing images and the moments they represent can now be with you forever and you can also now share them on line with your friends.

we hope you all like looking through these lovely images and the fact that now you can order the JPEG's online.

Enjoy

Jason

Edited by Rhianydd

I love this idea I have a photo that got all bent and the scan is so bad.

Might be a good idea to do to do some deal like so much if you buy 10 at the same time. Great idea for christmas.

The only downside I see with this is the fact someone else will be able to buy the photoshoot of you with the guest. Of course I know showmasters own the rights to the pictures but I would hate for a fansite to buy my photo and put it up on they website.

• Like 1

I love this idea I have a photo that got all bent and the scan is so bad.

Might be a good idea to do to do some deal like so much if you buy 10 at the same time. Great idea for christmas.

The only downside I see with this is the fact someone else will be able to buy the photoshoot of you with the guest. Of course I know showmasters own the rights to the pictures but I would hate for a fansite to buy my photo and put it up on they website.

+1

Edited by millie31

• Showmasters Admin

This is good news but is it going to be 4.99 / 5.99 for 1 photo? So if you had 10 photoshoots in one day it will cost us an additional £50 / £60 this to me does seem rather a lot. Also when you say standard / full size what's the difference

well the cost covers the time it takes to load the images have the server the the space to keep them all for many moony years and the most important thing you get the rights to use them in whatever format you with and can do anything you wish with the image you want as long as its for none commercial use, so £4.99 its a fair price.

aso to image size the largest size would be what ever size was saved as the photo was taken so it will be a good size.

hope that helps

jason

• Showmasters Admin

Out of interest, what happens if someone objects to having their photograph on a public site?

we do own the rights to all images taken in our photo shoots so we do have the legal right to do with them what we wish , all we are doing here is making something that many many fans have asked for available in a easy way.

also the cost £4.99 stops anyone just downloading images of whoever they wish for free, this will stop a lot of people wanting the images and we feel it will be mostly people wanting there own images or maybe the odd person wanting one for there friends images ?, so the cost will also stop this we feel, and that is also why there is a cost involved.

hope that helps

jason

I dread to think how many pictures I've had done at these events over the years, must run into the hundreds :angel: I think I'm going to start with my favourite ever shoot, me and Ian Somerhalder from Collectormania back in 2006 (I think) when I was 100lbs lighter :dance:

• Like 1

I think this additional service provided by Showmasters is wonderful. Thank you Jason. I will be buying the JPEGs of all my photoshoots on Monday night. Previously I've been put off even getting these posed photos as this option wasn't available.

I really can't believe you have the back catalogue of all the photos from all the events; it is great. I can imagine there will be lots of pleased people on these forums.

Thank you so much again for providing this service.

The website was live for a few minutes but it's been taken offline again, it was probably just done as a test. From what I could see, they're just thumbnails and when you click on your photo it's completely covered by watermarks so no-one can do anything with them unless they pay for them, and at the prices being charged I think it's fairly unlikely that someone would want to buy someone else's picture.

Since each image has a specific code associated with it, I would think in extreme cases people could probably contact Showmasters and get their specific images removed from the site. I'm not that bothered that my images are up there, I look hideous in most of them so no-one's going to want them anyway lol.

I've been doing Showmasters events for about 8 or 9 years I think now, so I'm on here lots, I've got plenty of experience and I know quite a lot of the staff and crew, but I'm afraid I would have to email the same email address to get answers and it'd be better if you did it yourself as I personally dont have any issue with my pictures being on the site. :smile:

Jason has mentioned that large will equate to the full resolution of whatever camera was used for that particular photograph. It will vary as different cameras have been used. All should easily cope with an A4 sized print I would think.

Standard, as I understand it , will be fine for the usual 6"x9" prints that are printed at the shows.

And a password would not be so difficult to set up. After all, people need to register in the online store to buy photo shoots, so they already know who bought photo shoots and therefore who could want to download them. That would be a good second step I think because not everybody would be able to access the website. That and the removal would greatly improve the process.

+1

What I suggest is that they remove pictures of individuals who do not agree to see them on a public website. For the rest, I guess that's up to everyone's opinion and taste.

Lams I saw one of you with Hayden, but you ain't looking at the camera...must have dropped a pencil ;)

The thumbs are 200 pix wide, it's enough to identify anybody...I glanced through a few shoots and recognised half of the regular faces! I also found a few photos I had lost aswell, in those cases I will pay to get the copy...

• Like 1

What I suggest is that they remove pictures of individuals who do not agree to see them on a public website. For the rest, I guess that's up to everyone's opinion and taste.

Lams I saw one of you with Hayden, but you ain't looking at the camera...must have dropped a pencil ;)

The thumbs are 200 pix wide, it's enough to identify anybody...I glanced through a few shoots and recognised half of the regular faces! I also found a few photos I had lost aswell, in those cases I will pay to get the copy...

If it's the one from 2008, it was a terrible one :whistling:;)