Lords of Time 2?

doctorwho11

• Moderators

I'm afraid I'm in charge of the Twitter and passing on information from here etc. Everything is always announced here first.

Obviously I can answer queries I know the answer to etc, but unfortunately this isn't one of them. Whenever information comes, it'll be posted here.

I'm afraid I'm in charge of the Twitter and passing on information from here etc. Everything is always announced here first.

Obviously I can answer queries I know the answer to etc, but unfortunately this isn't one of them. Whenever information comes, it'll be posted here.

please can you give someone a gentle poke to say that those of us with tickets are asking for some further information?

They're already aware - the mods have chased, and people have talked to them in person - beyond this, there's not much else we can do I'm afraid.

I can understand that your hands are tied but surely with such little time left and no official announcement...this event will no longer be going ahead. I think we have all come to accept that, we just need this confirming. All this "nothing" is frustrating people. I would also like my money back so I can arrange something else.

I agree with everyone else - I too have a ticket and this lack of information is absolutely infuriating. I have been to many previous ME events and conventions in general and NEVER have I experienced anything like this before (apart from the first LoT but I accepted that) I need to book hotel, train tickets, or change my leave plans if it isn't happening. I imagine it may have something to do with guests possibly being tied up filming the anniversary special or something but you really can't keep people hanging on like this and then expect a good turnout. I'm sorry but if I don't hear something very soon I am going to book one of the other conventions instead and ask for my money back on this one. This really isn't fair on anyone. I and my sister booked at the last event because we enjoyed it so much and really wanted to attend another but if this is how ME are going to treat people I will be giving them a wide berth in future. I'm sorry to say this because as I said I've loved every event of theirs I have been to, and they seem like great guys. But this... it's just very very unprofessional IMHO. When will we know?

Edited by ElaineJJ

I agree with everyone else - I too have a ticket and this lack of information is absolutely infuriating. I have been to many previous ME events and conventions in general and NEVER have I experienced anything like this before (apart from the first LoT but I accepted that) I need to book hotel, train tickets, or change my leave plans if it isn't happening. I imagine it may have something to do with guests possibly being tied up filming the anniversary special or something but you really can't keep people hanging on like this and then expect a good turnout. I'm sorry but if I don't hear something very soon I am going to book one of the other conventions instead and ask for my money back on this one. This really isn't fair on anyone. I and my sister booked at the last event because we enjoyed it so much and really wanted to attend another but if this is how ME are going to treat people I will be giving them a wide berth in future. I'm sorry to say this because as I said I've loved every event of theirs I have been to, and they seem like great guys. But this... it's just very very unprofessional IMHO. When will we know?

I have to say that I cant agree with you more !! LOT2 is my second event with ME/SM and it not looking good !!

The 50th anniversary ep starts shooting on Monday 18 March (as does Sherlock S3E1) so they'll be done by the beginning of May. But they will probably be filming S8 by then, anyway, though. It's fairly rare that SM/ME go so long saying nothing at all about about an event, and I'm waiting for news just as eagerly, but it would appear they possibly have their hands tied by the Beeb on this one. If it happens, it happens. But if it isn't going to happen in May then I'm planning on braving CMMK.

Are there any other similar events taking place that weekend? If so, how come they are going ahead and we don't know about this one? I do quite honestly feel bad about being so doubtful this will go ahead, mainly because apart from LoT1, every other SM/ME event I've been to (several) was announced well in advance and brilliantly organised. I fully appreciate the difficulties of being sure you can get good guests at this time and really don't want to badmouth SM/ME in any way - but it is just so-oo frustrating! I have now booked hotel rooms (paying more for the right to cancel just in case and obviously not at convention rates!) at the Hilton to be on the safe side, and plan to ring the hotel during weekday office hours to see if they have anything booked - I really do need to know for reasons of booking leave/cancelling leave for work and also for train tickets - dare not book them until we know for sure as they are probably non-refundable... I wonder how many people have booked for this so far? Not many I'd have thought, since it was only announced at LoT1 and only 200 were in attendance at that one. Which actually made it a brilliantly intimate experience - quite unlike anything I'd been to before in terms of guest accessibility, and the only reason I'm hanging on for this one is with it being so late to be announced, it would probably be much the same again since a lot of folk will have made alternative plans by now. Of course the down side of that is that if not enough people book, how can they afford guests.... so it would seem to be a catch-22 really.

I am hoping this goes ahead, I really am - the ME organisers and crew are great at what they do!

Are there any other similar events taking place that weekend? If so, how come they are going ahead and we don't know about this one? I do quite honestly feel bad about being so doubtful this will go ahead, mainly because apart from LoT1, every other SM/ME event I've been to (several) was announced well in advance. I fully appreciate the difficulties of being sure you can get good guests at this time and really don't want to badmouth SM/ME in any way - but it is just so-oo frustrating! I have now booked hotel rooms (paying more for the right to cancel just in case and obviously not at convention rates!) at the Hilton to be on the safe side, and plan to ring the hotel during weekday office hours to see if they have anything booked - I really do need to know for reasons of booking leave/cancelling leave for work and also for train tickets - dare not book them until we know for sure as they are probably non-refundable... I wonder how many people have booked for this so far? Not many I'd have thought, since it was only announced at LoT1 and only 200 were in attendance at that one. Which actually made it a brilliantly intimate experience - quite unlike anything I'd been to before in terms of guest accessibility, and the only reason I'm hanging on for this one is with it being so late to be announced, it would probably be much the same again since a lot of folk will have made alternative plans by now. Of course the down side of that is that if not enough people book, how can they afford guests.... so it would seem to be a catch-22 really.

I am hoping this goes ahead, I really am - the ME organisers and crew are great at what they do!

Someone I know who has also booked, rang the hotel today and was told there was nothing booked for LoT2, and ShowMasters when rung said there would be an announcement tomorrow. Perhaps the venue has changed - lets hope that's all it is.

This one, sent via email

"Hi there,

We are sorry to announce that Lords of Time 2 is being cancelled!

Unfortunately we have had an issue with our venue and the date we originally planned and after searching extensively for another suitable venue it has become clear that we are not going to be able to proceed with the event at this time.

We will be looking to run dedicated Dr Who events in the future, but not until after what will undoubtedly be the busiest year for Dr Who ever!

For 2013 we will be bringing you a huge number of Dr Who guests to all our other signing events, with a very special first signing appearance by Jenna-Louise Coleman at our Collectormania event on Saturday 25th May. All our other events can be found at www.collectormania.com and we hope that we may see you at some of those.

You can choose to have your tickets transferred to any other Massive Events show planned for 2013, or you can have a refund sent to the debit/credit card of your choice. If you would like a refund, please provide us with the 16-digit number and the expiry date of your chosen card. Please note that to send refunds we do not need the 3-digit CVC security number.

Please accept our apologies about Lords of Time 2 and thank you so much for your patience and bearing with us.

Take care,

Mark

Massive Events Ltd "

Hi,

Been watching this thread over the last few months. I don't think there was any need by Mark to put an exclamation mark after saying the event had been cancelled (I thought an exclmation mark was to imply something humourous??, can't see it in this situation myself).

I'm very sorry for anyone who brought a ticket last year, I can imagine this is very annoying (to put it mildly!). A cynical side of me is wondering how long they knew the event wasn't happening and have only just announced it as a last minute thing (imagine the amount of interest on the cash, doesn't bear thinking about).

Showmasters/Massive Events should have told ticketholders WAY before now this was being cancelled in my humble opinion, and they should NOT have been selling tickets last year in case of this very scenario. Anyway, this is my two cents on the issue, I hope everyone gets a full refund.

• Moderators

Been watching this thread over the last few months. I don't think there was any need by Mark to put an exclamation mark after saying the event had been cancelled (I thought an exclmation mark was to imply something humourous??, can't see it in this situation myself).

An exclamation mark certainly isn't just to imply something humourous. It's more to indicate 'strong feelings' as such, so it's just expressing disappointment that the event is being cancelled.

Certainly no one is making a joke of it.