Lords of Time 2?

doctorwho11

I can see this being cancelled now. :(

Cancelled is relative since its barely been announced in the first place (why does my return button never work on this website on this laptop?).http://massiveevents.co.uk/

Has it ever been possible to buy tickets online?

No they haven't but a number of people including myself, bought tickets in advance at LOT 1.

If you have paid for a ticket for an event that was expected to happen and doesn't, I would classify that as a cancelled event.

Edited by egjohnston

Perhaps you should ring up the hotel. They'd know if its still booked for that weekend. And again, there should be a discount code for rooms if thats the case - ever been announced? Darn stange way of trying to run an event.

Edited by TerraHawk

It would be nice now to get some official confirmation either way as if it isn't going ahead I might have time to get organised on another SM event. I was told at an event not so long ago that we would get news in a couple of weeks - it is now almost a couple of weeks since that conversation

• Like 1

I can understand not being able to confirm the guests but you can you at least confirm the event is going to happen as scheduled.

The lack of any official word either way is frustrating as it impacts on any other plans we may want to make instead.

Please tell us what's going on.

• Like 1

I can understand not being able to confirm the guests but you can you at least confirm the event is going to happen as scheduled.

The lack of any official word either way is frustrating as it impacts on any other plans we may want to make instead.

Please tell us what's going on.

I totally agree with you. I have booked the time off work but if it is cancelled I may not be able to get other time off for another event.

It's really frustrating not to get any information! I too was in the first Lords of Time, but I chose not to buy tickets. I don't think I would have gone to this second LoT, but right now it looks like nobody is going.. I'm sad and I feel sorry for you who already have your ticket. Only two months to go and still, not a single word. I'd say it isn't happening, or at least it will be postponed. :(

I don't think I would have gone to this second LoT
Well, thats the thing, even if you wanted to you couldn't without tickets on sale.

Obviously the advice this silence sends out for every future event is DON'T buy tickets at the preceeding event if a guest hasn't been annoucned for the next one, or at very least a flyer printed.

Realistically though how many tickets were sold at the last event anyway - a few dozen? Numbers weren't that high in the first place. Many of us at least wait for a guest before putting money down. Of course I couldn't commit there and then anyway; some of us realised the second it was announced there are several clashes that weekend. For starters May 4th is Star Wars; Empire Day was already earmarked for then - which again due to a lack of information - no one knew wasn't happening either.

So, so far its been a very stange non-event from the get go basically.

Tickets to other events could sell out whilst we are kept waiting. Clashes are annoying at the best of time, can't be two or more places at once.

I am by now hoping for this to be postponed/cancelled since deadline for me to be guaranteed time off work was 28 February, and with the lack of updates (and the precious few vacation days I get each year) I only waved at that date when it passed by.

Also have found a lot of other holes to throw money into, so not sure I can go IF it happens (I'm from Sweden, so getting there is kinda expensive to start with [and getting more expensive by the minute...]) which leaves me with two choices if it actually does, 1) Shrug, not go, and leave the loss of gold ticket money as a learning experience or 2) Go anyway and live on air and water for a couple of months. Not really happy with either of those, really.

So either way I would be happy with an update, if only to be able to at least save up for some pot noodles if the answer is that it's happening.

Some news would be nice, I started a topic on this myself in the LOT1 part of the forum. At LOT1 they said anyone who was at LOT1 would get a discount off the LOT2 prices and some people brought them at the con. It's now less then 9 weeks to go. I've got time off work but if this event isn't going ahead I'd like to cancel that time off work and use that time off at another time so I can go to a different con. It's also getting to the point where advance train tickets are becoming more expensive and soon some people won't be able to come.

Come on guys!!! Is it cancelled? Has it moved location? Has it being persponed? Any news would be good. PLEASE LET US KNOW

I've been being quite patient on this one (being a ticket holder for LOT2) however, as it now looks very likely that I can't go (just out of hospital today :spew: having had a major operation) I'm now reluctantly kind of hoping it isn't happening till later in the year? :crying:

Would love to hear about this too. Imo it doesnt take much to write a few line update. Danger of switching people off.

I agree. I can't see why no one official has said anything. Edited by Vodkatini

Unless they are organising today's announcement. Otherwise wonder if they will be able to hold one if beeb has everyone tied up.

There are DW events by other organisers still scheduled after the expected date for this one.

Unless they are organising today's announcement.

It would explain the silence and I would like it to be true, but if they are not, the availablity of various headliner guests would reduce, the closer you got to November. Why would you want exclusive guest going to someones elses event before yours?

It depends really, on how much the other event wants to play nice with the others.

I can see this being a change of date or refund option only now for LOT 2, it simply can't happen in the time there is left. :(

It isn't even advertised anywhere.

I think those of us who bought tickets at LOT1 have all been very patient about the lack of news on this event. I have now come across a post on twitter where someone was asking for news and the reply was that "there is no news". How can this be ??????? the event is ment to be held 7 weeks tomorrow. When is someone in an official role going to reply to the conversation on this forum. As people have stated time is running out to arrange things for other events, change holidays, arrange travel. Please do the decent thing and reply, even if it just to tell us how to get our money back.