RTME CANCELLED - All Tickets to be Refunded in Full

Massive Events

I'm so glad thy this event will be held next year - December was too short notice and wouldn't have gained enough publicity for it to be successful. Now that the official film makers are involved, it's looking to be a very exciting event!

Thank you Showmasters for all of the updates and letting people know about what's happened - perhaps a tiny bit sooner would have been good, but what's past is past. At least now there's plenty of time to focus on making the 2013 event the best Tolkien con ever, with great guests :)

Thank you for eventually updating the website that it is cancelled and thank you for saying that we will all be getting our refunds for out ticket prices. I actually just came on here for the last time so that this could be pointed out on your website to do with Return to Middle Earth it says at the bottom "This event is an unofficial gathering for fans of the Lord of the Rings books and movies. It is not endorsed by or affiliated in any way with Peter Jackson, Newline Cinema or any other licensee. All images are used for promotional purposes only and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended". I would just say to anyone that is thinking of going to anything like this in the future remember that - unless something has happened since that website has been put up this company have no affiliation with Peter Jackson or Newline Cinema. Looking forward to seeing my money back in my account on Monday. Appreciate the update and I hope everyone that is going to see The Hobbit has a lovely time. Julie

It wasn't affiliated in the form it was going to happen. If what Jason has said hapens, the one next year will be affiliated; the lack of affiliation is what ultimately sees to have stopped this going ahead. In other words, old website, new plan

• Like 1

• Moderators

Almost all conventions run in the UK are run by companies who have no affiliation with the companies who make the films or TV shows. Thus why they are described on their websites as unofficial. (Doesn't mean they still don't have to do what the production companies etc ask!)

Thank you for eventually updating the website that it is cancelled and thank you for saying that we will all be getting our refunds for out ticket prices. I actually just came on here for the last time so that this could be pointed out on your website to do with Return to Middle Earth it says at the bottom "This event is an unofficial gathering for fans of the Lord of the Rings books and movies. It is not endorsed by or affiliated in any way with Peter Jackson, Newline Cinema or any other licensee. All images are used for promotional purposes only and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended". I would just say to anyone that is thinking of going to anything like this in the future remember that - unless something has happened since that website has been put up this company have no affiliation with Peter Jackson or Newline Cinema. Looking forward to seeing my money back in my account on Monday. Appreciate the update and I hope everyone that is going to see The Hobbit has a lovely time. Julie

Julie,

Can you please drop me an email. My address is in my sig.

Many Thanks.

Andy Hedges.

I'm actually too excited for something to happen for the Hobbit, Imagine if they actually got Martin!! Or Elijah!!! That would be amazing!

I'm with you dude, positive thinking and fingers crossed for Elijah :) though if they get Dominic Monaghan I will die a happy man :)

Shame it got cancelled completely but I hope that I can attend a Hobbit con whenever they plan to run one, I find the Showmasters con to be run smoothly and I have not had any problems with the company whatsoever. I gotta admit that I am happy that it isn't during this coming weekend as I am hit by a major Jet lag after a 10 days holiday visit to California that I just literally returned home from 2 days ago...zzzz

In regards to the refunds being to the cards that bought the tickets - The card I used is no longer in use and has been cancelled. The bank account the money came from still exists but has a different card attached to it.

I emailed the appropriate address a week ago to query this and still haven't recieved a reply so I was wondering if anybody had any clues if my reufnd will be ok or if I need to do some more bugging?

Hows the best way to find out as soon as this new event is announced? Is it best to just keep an eye on here or should I be following something else? Thanks. xx

New events will be announced on here so this is probably the best place to keep an eye on.

I understand that they need to get through everyone's refund,but this is taking the absolute mick. The event has been continuously reorganised, then we've been told the event is cancelled, but it isn't, because they're trying to reorganise another event, then they have cancelled the event altogether. Now christmas is coming up, we had to pay upfront for the ticket, and a refund would only take a few days maybe a week, but this is NOT on and I do not feel I am being unreasonable at all when I say that i am completely annoyed with MASSIVE EVENTS.

I understand these things happen, and if the refund would have been efficient and sorted by now, I would have overlooked the situation, but I will honestly say that MASSIVEEVENTS have let me down and I will not book with them again.

I expect my refund by the end of the week otherwise MASSIVEEVENTS Will be getting a reasonable phone call.