Hallowhedon 5

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hallowhedon will return at a whole new venue for 2013. We look forward to seeing you at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel over the weekend of Friday 25th-Sunday 27th October!

You can purchase your tickets HERE from our online store now!

:clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Same here. it would be useful if we got a message from ME on how EXACTLY this is going to work ie breakdown of how many guests your looking at in total (is it still just 4-6 or more) & what other show/s will be covered outside our fandom as i know some our new fans have already signed up based on this year and a bit of reassurance that we wont be "taken over" would go a long way to make the seasoned regulars cough up some money (as well as some great guests of course).!

Going to B'ham next month so will see how they operate these days, still prefer the Rad though!

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 1

I have to admit that I am apprehensive about the change in location for Hallowhedon 5, especially as I really loved everything about the Raddison. However, who is to say that the Hilton won't be even better? We will never know unless we try.

I am also a little worried about the change in set up, but as numbers are dwindling each year I can understand the reason that Massive Events are changing things.

I appreciate that Massive Events are trying their best to keep Hallowhedon going, rather than simply cancelling the convention.

Hallowhedon 4 was one of the best weekends of my life, and the memoires I have from it, I will cherish forever.

I will therefore be purchasing my ticket to Hallowhedon 5 as soon as I can afford it to show my support. I understand that (in my eyes) due to the contributions that J August and Nicholas Brendon made to Hallowhedon 4, no other Hallowhedon will ever top this one, there is still enough to make me want to go next year, and for as long as it keeps going!

I would rather go to Hallowhedon and have to share it with fans of other things, than not have it at all.

Lets give Massive Events a chance, they are changing things to ensure Hallowhedon has a future. The end result may not be as good as the original, but we will still have it.

If it wasn't for Massive Events I wouldn't have had the chance to meet all of the people from Buffy and Angel that I have. I'm sure it would have been the same for many of you. I am incredibly grateful to Massive Events for this. I hope that if we support Massive Events then they will be true to us, and not forget that the whole essence of Hallowhedon is for the Joss Whedon fans. (even if we have to have to share Hallowhedon with other fans)

• Like 1

The hotel itself is spacious and rooms are fine,even though its not as convenient as london and it seems stuck in the middle of a roundabout. The convention room is quite away from the bar area down that corridor you end up losing your friends tho, at least at the rad we were all on that 2nd floor.with own security guard too in the evening and you only had the bridge to cross to find the photos/autos and dealers room all of which you could see from the hall. Every con has a home and a lot of us felt the rad was the HW one just like the Park was for the Hubs but we will give it a go.

The main thing for us is not being near a proper pub, the centre does have a w/spoons if you can ever find it open but its like a MW service station, food not wonderful & very small open area. If you want to go to a pub for lunch/dinner its a 10 min car drive away which is not convenient when on a schedule. We just love the Pheasant too much & there wont be any trips to McDonalds in the early hours with or without the guests as there isnt one i know of.

Going up that way in December so will pop in & check it out .

Edited by buffy2k

Not to be awkward (!) but I'm really chuffed it's being held at Birmingham, I live near Manchester so not quite so much of a trek for me! I know I've heard people say that Showmasters gave a code out to people attending last time to get cheaper hotel rooms, does anyone know is this something they always do? I would love to stay at the Hilton and not have to travel to get there and back in the morning/evening, but it's pretty pricey :( Hoping a code will come along, so I can have a more luxurious stay :) or it will be the premier inn for me!!

Thanks so much for replying yellowmarlin, that's really good to know, I'll start saving the pennies :)

You're right, I'm sure there's going to be loads of people who will find Birmingham a lot more convenient to get to, it's going to save me masses of time!!

I've only stayed at the hotel once for s con and found while the main hotel was gorgeous the room was not nearly as good and staff were not as friendly as at the rad. Was slightly cheaper though but as that was a while ago and not an SM event that may not be true this time. Overall I much prefer the rad. Eating options are limited but I vaguely recall there being some sort of fast food place in the nec (2min walk) and room service wasn't quite as expensive from what litle I recall.

Must confess I really liked the Radisson - very convenient for me with regard to distance and local food-gathering, even if finding my way back to the M4 can be interesting, due to my out-of-date satnav! The Birmingham Hilton is gorgeous, but very expensive food-wise (especially if one leaves the car park and comes back), but I understand there was more than I thought at the nearby NEC so will approach things with an open mind...

There is a Wetherspoons, Frankie & Bennys, Burger King and Boots/WHSmiths all providing food/snacks at the Airport.

You don't have to take the car, you can jump on the hoppa bus that goes every 30 mins from the front of the Hilton (on the hour and 30mins past the hour) for free. This takes you to the railway station. Go up the escalators and turn a left and there's another free bit of travel on a monorail to the airport. Voila! I'm disabled and I'm pretty sure the whole trip is 10mins

If you have legs you can walk it to through the NEC. No car moving required at all.

Admittedly it was about 3 conventions before I found that out at the Hilton ;)

There's also a subway at the railway station (from the hoppa bus arrival up the escalator and turn right). If you do want to move the car or club together for taxis, there's a Toby Carvery a short drive away.

Also possible to order pizzas to the hotel - I've seen it done.

Edited by Samphirette
  • Like 1