Guest Requests for HW5

buffy2k

• 4 weeks later...

True, his fee for a certain con in 2003 was massive. Photos for the event this year (£75 approx), its therefore going to be a lot of money to get him over here which is a shame as its going to price most organisers out and then the fans dont get to meet him either as they wont be able to afford the prices. I was lucky enough to meet David several times years ago but prices weren't that high then although some thought the cost of tix for the last event in 2004 was excessive.

When Buffy was at its height and there were so many cons around (those were the days!) the prices started to go up a lot and this had a knock on to prices for other events as well. I am not sure many would be able to pay that kind of money for a photo op/auto now as finances are not what they were (even though my first thought yesterday was to get out to the US to this con even before i realised i couldnt afford it without a lottery win)!

It does seem the norm in the US to pay £40-75 per photo op & a lot more for group shots and you have to pay for over the table photos out there too which is driving the prices up for us. Our prices are more reasonable but when you do have guest prices more than £20 people do moan so it is a catch 22 for organisers here being faced with huge fee requests. I have friends who come over from the US who think our prices are so cheap for photos and autos when they are only charged £10-20 for photos at conventions. Its certainly not a cheap hobby though for anyone but rewarding!

Edited by buffy2k

That would be great but i would be very surprised if you ever got Sarah to a con, same with Aly unfortunately. Your best chance is if they come over to film premieres or something, we did have Aly in the play a few years back and Sarah did open the Harrods sale so there is a chance at those sorts of things and they were both really nice to the fans so its not like they're aloof just a little daunted by crowds i think and only ever done promotional stuff in the past if its in their contracts.

There is a possibility we can have David and James together again though as its happening in the US, its been a long time (2004) since that happened over here, i live in hope!

Edited by buffy2k

oh yes i remember 2004 very well stuck in the middle of my fave boys, the photographer had a problem with his camera so i got to hover a little longer than normal so had a lovely chat with James and david.

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...