Disney Buys Lucasfilm.. More Star Wars in 2015..

mr.fids

Disney don't just make childrens films, they're a hugely reputable and smart company, I doubt they'd just decide to do a new Star Wars and make it completely unlike the other films, especially with George being a creative consultant on it. Personally I think the buy can only be good. Maybe now we'll get complete Blu Ray/DVD releases of the entire Ewoks series, Droids series, original films completely remastered etc

I've got a good feeling about this, Disney's takeovers of Pixar and Marvel have done really well and as long as Lucas is only having a consulting role in the new films then that can only be a good thing. Also, Star Wars couldn't end on the disappointment of the prequel trilogy, the brand needed a rest and come back rejuvenated with new people to oversee the future films. Yes,you could definitely argue that its a money-making, cynical move from George Lucas, but I'm pretty sure we're all secretly happy about the prospect of new Star Wars films... :clap:

Edited by BreakingBad123

• 3 weeks later...

At first I was afraid.... I was petrified

lol i wasnt impressed at first and i was also SHOCKED, lucas letting it go?

part of me thought what a load of crap, they will just pump out stuff now like a fast food joint but then thats already been happening, 3 prequels, loads of clone war cartoons, books ect. whilst i like the prequesl and have a special place for phantom, they are no where near the class of the original trilogy, i think now, that this could be a good thing esp with george on as a consultant but not the driving vision.

im hoping for the following

ford,fisher, hammil involved some how and in a good way not a walk on cameo. or at least in the 1st of the new trilogy.

lightsabers

a good story and less cgi enviroments

a commited, good, storng director, it will be interesting, spielgburg might be a great choice.

at first i was horrified, now im a little bit excited

also may we finnaly have the original trilogy released on br/dvd cleaned up and with cast commentaries, please

I do wonder how long this purchase was in the works or agreed. I watched an episode of Inside West Coast Customs. It is a Car Customizing show on the Discovery channel centered around West Coast Customs which is in Corona (California). In an episode broadcast in the States on April 15th this year, they get shown around ILM for a special custom car build entitles "Vader's Drive". During the tour you see iconic figures from ILM productions, and you see a fleeting glimpse of a Mickey Mouse figure hugging Yoda!

And I still love it how people refer to Episodes 1 to 3 as PREQUELS in such a way that they were made as an add on to the original 3 films. Technically, they can be conceived as prequels as they were released after Parts 4 to 6. But, in actuality, they are simply Parts 1 to 3.

for me they were made after and set before so they are prequels despite the episode titling

im looking forward to more now, at first i was horrified lol

They were made after New Hope etc, but they were actually written before/at the same time period when the original timeline was drew up. Episode 4 was chosen as a stand alone film so it could be that if it didn't do good enough business to make the sequels. I think they made the best decision as starting with Episode 1 would not have made the money back then.

outline was written, most of which is episode 3 no?

online definitions seem to agree with me, not that it matters lol

personally I have a massive soft spot for phantom (medichlorians and too much jar jar aside lol) it imo has a little of the magic of the original trilogy that clones and revenge perhaps lacked, i enjoyed them all though

im intrigued and excited to see new star wars films, esp as the first batch will be eps 7/8/9 and surely in some way will feature ford, hammil and fisher. will be very interesting to see who they choose to direct.

a massive hurdle will be the baddie, surely they cant resist the marketing temptation of vader, how will they wriggle round that considering A he is dead and B he was redeemed which (hammered home by the prequels set up) was one of the main thrusts of the story line over the saga eps 1-6.

shame they cant use maul, visually he has what is required.

outline was written, most of which is episode 3 no?

The original outline, later developed into 9 books, was said by Lucas et al to be in 9 parts. The end of 3 and whole of 4 was the focal point of the time line, but New Hope was deemed to be the most relevant to be the "Star Wars" movie.

online definitions seem to agree with me, not that it matters lol

Mostly written by keyboard warriors who refuse to accept what has been said many years before - despite later on denying part 7-9 existed (books anyone) - by Lucas. I ignore 99.9% of these type of online reports.

Look for the books that follow as they introduce the wider Sith Universe. If Disney are serious, and I suggest $4 billion is serious, then I see them keeping it to the books.

And, in Episodes 1 to 3 (not the "p" word) the origins were laid clear.

With Lucas on board as an adviser to the films, I see Disney continuing the films and using the books that follow 7-9 as the films for after that. There are numerous 3 book storylines available.

Edited by BigSi13

they are prequels for me ;-) and lesser, though I sitll like them esp phantom. i can understand why others would consider them not, when I watch, yeah sometimes i do in order but sometimes I dont

lucus has changed his mind on what was actually devised/written ect over the years, when he was interviewed reg eps 1-3 before phantom he said most of the original back story pre new hope that he had written was to do with the adult anakin falling in to the darkside and the end of the clone wars. when interviewed during revenge he said i think it was something like 70% of the original outline back story features in revenge.

but he has contradicted himself over the years, 9 movies? 12 movies? lol

not really bothered,

disney have said that the next 3 will be eps 7/8/9 with george on as consultant, but then they plan to release a new movie every few years after eps 7/8/9, interesting,

ive only really read the thawn trilogy early 90s from zack zahn was it? heir to the empire and all that and reme,ber thinking when i read them they were really good and i could visualise it being filmed in my head as a post jedi trilogy.