Ringers

Nell

Ok i may be a little slow here, but until Elijah mentioned it on NY Graham Norton, i had no idea thats what LOTR Fans were called! Ive never seen any of us refer to ourselves as that!!! It sounds a bit.....dodgy!! or is that just me?!!?!? How long have we been called Ringers for!?

Phew! At least im not the only one! I dont want to call myself a Ringer, it has too many connotations! lol im just a normal LOTR Nut!!!

Lol its like on Leno, when he said theres people who have fun with it, then theres the ones that are reeeaallly into it!! heheehe, which one dya think we are?!?

Edited by *~Nell~*

i think thats what we should be called!!! i dont like us being refered to as ringers!! that name does sound dodgy... i much prefer tolkinites or tolkienians thats what we should be called! ( i must stop repeating myself) xxx :D

I dont like 'ringers' it just dont sound right, i think we should have our own name, after all we are the elite LOTR fans on here :D

Too right B) I've heard it before, mainly on theonering.net website, I think they call themselves Ringers, but we should have our own name definitely :D

ooh I like Ringleaders too! ok lets have a vote!! All those who wish to be known as a "Ringleader" Post...erm...MUSHROOMS... and all those who think its poo and dont want to be called it, post TATERS! hehe

mine counts as a Mushrooms!!

...I feel another society coming on here..... hehe

Ringers, comes from theonering.net.

Yep that's right, while people who frequent the imdb.com boards are more likely to call themselves ringnuts (ie. Wingnut Productions), well I think a couple of other boards have diffferent names as well - once the hype has quientened down a bit, one name will probably stick (I suspect it will be Ringers, because they're one of the biggest on line communities, they have quite a lot of access to the stars at the torn parties and the name has already got publicity). Ahh well, it'll all sort out, after all some Trekkies think of themselevs as Trekkers instead - it's just what you prefer.

Lorannah

ooh I like Ringleaders too! ok lets have a vote!! All those who wish to be known as a "Ringleader" Post...erm...MUSHROOMS... and all those who think its poo and dont want to be called it, post TATERS! hehe

mine counts as a Mushrooms!!

...I feel another society coming on here..... hehe

Mushrooms!!

Gah! I hope Ringers doesnt stick! I dont like it!!! Im sorry but it just has too many bum connotations!! :(

Mind you, what ever name you come up with to do with Rings is gunna get twisted, ppl just wait for the oppurtunity to have a joke at us!