That damned camera

trekkiefan

Can the positioning of the camera in the middle of the talk hall be moved please. It's always in my line of sight (at times blocking it) and in most of my photos ruining it. Can the camera be moved to the side of the hall or be much lower down, it just disrupts my experience in the talks, I'm sure others may have the same problem.

I would think it's far more important that the camera is in front of the guests and gives everyone in the hall the best view of those guests as possible on the screen than that it inconveniences a few people. Just sit elsewhere where it wont be in your way. If I was on a standard ticket and sitting at the back of the hall I'd be pretty annoyed if the only view of the guests I got in the talks was basically only side on. That's WHY the camera's there, to give those that aren't sitting at the front the best view possible.

• Like 1

If its any help, assuming it'll be the same setup as we've had at HW4 it seemed much more discrete. Still in the middle but quite low down. Seemed to be at around head hight when sat down so shouldn't be any worse than looking over someone's head. But as I was in front of it I can't say for sure but it didn't look like it'd cause a major problem.

I would think it's far more important that the camera is in front of the guests and gives everyone in the hall the best view of those guests as possible on the screen than that it inconveniences a few people. Just sit elsewhere where it wont be in your way. If I was on a standard ticket and sitting at the back of the hall I'd be pretty annoyed if the only view of the guests I got in the talks was basically only side on. That's WHY the camera's there, to give those that aren't sitting at the front the best view possible.

I've done Sliver at the last few events and it's always just blocking something on stage for me, I know why the camera is there and it does help for those of us at/near the back. But it's almost always in the way of taking photos especially if you are near the back it make no real differance where you sit (even at the end), it's just a little too high