Guest Cancellation - Sean Maher

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I am very sorry to have to announce that Sean Maher will not be able to make Hallowhedon due to work commitments!

Obviously this is the second year in a row that he has had to pull out at the last minute and whilst I know we are all pleased he is still working and doing well in the industry I also understand that it is a disappointment to you as it is to us!

We are so close to the event now that although I have tried last night to find a replacement it does not look like I will be able to at such short notice. We will therefore be offering some extra things at the show for free and whilst we know that will not be able to make up for the loss of Sean we do hope that you will enjoy them none-the-less!

Thank you so much for supporting us and your understanding! We still have a great weekend ahead of us with much fun to be had with J, Nick and Kristine! :dance:

Take care,

Mark :smile:

Hi everyone,

I am very sorry to have to announce that Sean Maher will not be able to make Hallowhedon due to work commitments!

Obviously this is the second year in a row that he has had to pull out at the last minute and whilst I know we are all pleased he is still working and doing well in the industry I also understand that it is a disappointment to you as it is to us!

Please keep trying to get Sean at one of your events, Mark. Any of them. After 4 cancellations in 2 years, I'm more determined than ever to meet him.

Insert expletive of choice!!!!

Kinda suspected something like this would happen with DSTL clearly taking up so much time.

What has DSTL got to do with Sean's work commitments?

Nothing other than a lot of time has clearly been spent on that and it hasn't left any time to find a replacement. His schedule must have been known for a while. Just very disappointed. Havent met 2 of the others before tho so there's positives.

Chevron only has 3 announced too. Fingers are tightly crossed for that.

You been doing events for a while, surely you know how these things work Howard, you must know that quite often filming schedules aren't known til the week they're happening, sometimes only the day before. I've been to some cons where unfortunately guests have pulled out the very day they were due to fly out due to a change in filming schedule. Why are you assuming his schedule would have been known for a while?

i am as gutted as everyone else about sean but i really dont see what DSTL has to do with it, there are things going on behind the scenes all the time with SM's, they cant announce guests they havent had confirmation on and working schedules can and do over run, its the way it is. i am sure a few of us in our normal working life have found something we are working on has taken longer than we thought.

i agree with you rockstarr in that there are 2 i have never met before so thats a positive and nick is always a pleasure

Gutted about Sean! Please, Please try and ge thim to come to another event! He clearly wwants to come and I've wanted to meet him for so long now! Still looking forward to seeing the other guests

Absolutely!

I've met Kristine and Nick before and they are both lovely, lovely people, so meeting J. is gonna be great. I just soooo wanted to meet Sean :grump:

Sad times! But I'm still excited to see the rest. And excited for the whole experience! (and slightly terrified too but I'll get over it :P )

Is that definitely 100% it for guests then? I just wasn't sure from the post whether it was a definite no replacement or if it just highly unlikely! (Think I'm grasping at straws here :angel: )

Is that definitely 100% it for guests then? I just wasn't sure from the post whether it was a definite no replacement or if it just highly unlikely! (Think I'm grasping at straws here :angel: )

Yes, it would be nice to know if Mark is still trying, but the release of the schedule makes it seem finalised.

Arghhh, not again! And such a shame it was too close to the con to secure a replacement. Never mind - am still very much looking forward to see the others and am sure Sean will make it over here someday...

*sighs* someday

Sorry we are losing a guest this close to the con but for anyone who hasn't met the other 3 guests they are all lovely, nick has been on good form recently in Paris and beyond so always up for a laugh and J has been doing another organisers events for years so always a pleasure and Kristine is just like Joyce and very sweet so i cant wait to see all of them again as well as other like minded fans, lets make this a good event and show the guests how we can party!

• Like 1