Sign in to follow this  
BobNX01

Hats off to the volunteers!

Even though some of the organization of the event could have been better, and the organizers could have been more prepared for the crowds they got, I thought that the volunteers that were there doing the hard work, and trying to keep things organized and running smoothly even in impossible circumstances with the crowds on Saturday did their level best to keep us all happy and make sure we got to do everything we came to do.

I found them all to be helpful, polite and truly concerned that we got what we came there to get.

It was a hard job, and in my opinion, they did the best anyone could hope for with what they were given to work with.

I did enjoy the event immensely, and thought it was worth the trip even from the US, but of course, there were things that could have been done better, but that's a different thread

It must be a nightmare to work an event with that many people!

• Like 6

Hear Hear! Every one I spoke to were polite and PATIENT. That counts for a lot. Well done guys.

Andy

• Like 3

As one of the crew who was working on the event, I'd like to say thank you for your comments. It was definitely a challenge at times and it was very tiring work but we all did the best we could. It's great to know that it was appreciated. :thumbup:

Personally, I'm hoping we all get the chance to do it again some time.

• Like 2

I have to say that all of the crew that I talked to were polite and friendly too even though they were under a lot of stress. Well done to you all. :smile:

• Like 1

I was very impressed with all the crew I met, particularly those at Photo C as they were extra cheery and friendly all day! Thanks to those who answered my queries and sorted a ticket problem quickly and efficiently as well so I didn't worry :)

I was very impressed with all the crew I met, particularly those at Photo C as they were extra cheery and friendly all day! Thanks to those who answered my queries and sorted a ticket problem quickly and efficiently as well so I didn't worry :)

I was very impressed with team at Photo C too. They took time to help me and my friends out. Thanks again guys. :clap:

This may sound weird but the best thing I can say about the crew was that I barely noticed them. Obviously I saw them a lot all over the place but other than a couple of seconds to grab a ticket, a couple more to hand it back when I got in line and maybe a quick "Am I in the right place?" "Yes you are" exchange every now and again I didn't have much cause to deal with them. I probably encountered a dozen or so different crew during the day I was there and the fact my dealings with you all were so quick and uneventful means you must have been doing a good efficient job. Thanks to all of you guys and gals for doing such fine work. :smile:

Agreed. The tall lad at Photo A and B and I think he was also on Scott Bakula's auto line was particularly helpful. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. I had no idea they were volunteers. Thanks very much for giving up your time so we could enjoy ourselves. :-D

As a first time crewer, I had a fab time! and I for one really appreciate the comments I got during the event, after and those in the forums :) It makes a massive difference to know we are appreciated! And I can't wait to crew for the next event!

• Like 2

Agreed. The tall lad at Photo A and B and I think he was also on Scott Bakula's auto line was particularly helpful. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. I had no idea they were volunteers. Thanks very much for giving up your time so we could enjoy ourselves. :-D

This *may* have been me, photo B Saturday, photo A Sunday, and cheekily popped into the queue for Scott to get my picture signed late on Sunday. Does that sound right?

Could be! You were being honest about waiting times, which I really appreciated, and you kept everyone smiling. I'm amazed so many of you were kind enough to help out for free. Glad you got a signed photo out of it. You volunteers each deserve a medal :-D

This *may* have been me, photo B Saturday, photo A Sunday, and cheekily popped into the queue for Scott to get my picture signed late on Sunday. Does that sound right?

Or it "may" have been me, as I was on the Bakula auto queue on Saturday and running the Photoshoot A queue on Sunday. Tall yes, but many years away from being a lad lol. Whether it was or not, glad you had a good time :)

You're right Bob, the volunteers had been great and very PATIENT with us guys where had queuing "the most" time. Otherwise during the waiting time in the line, I had the chance to come in contact with other fans from around Europe or having a chat with the volunteers.

Ok, friday was a little bit crazy but came better Saturday and Sunday.

it came to an expensive Weekend :-D because I got more autographs than I've first planned to get. SO i got 99% of the autographs I've wanted. Andany celebs had been amazing (friendly, very nice). Best memories I will always have with me: Robin Curtis ("Saavik") and Tricia O'Neil and Sean Kenney. Sean Kenney was an amazing charming guy. Also Chase Masterson. And Scott Bakula and Kate Mulgrew answered short (ok, their queus had been all the time amazing long).

The queuing for selling autograph vouchers and tickets had been a little bit crazy on friday and was better organized sunday too.