Sign in to follow this  
northantsvillan

If you didn't get an Lanyard because they ran out read this.

Just a litle niggle. On Friday afternoon after queuing an hour and a half to collect my prepaid 3 day pass because it could not be posted in time I was told that thry had run out of Lanyards so had to carry it in my pocket. This did not really bother me until I just checked in on the merchandise page of the website to see if anything was reduced now the show is finished and guess what they are for sale on there for £7.

I think lanyards sold out at the event as well, maybe the ones on the site are either extra stock not held at the event or the site hasn't been updated.

Just out of interest were lanyards advertised as being part of any ticket package? I didn't remember seeing that anywhere

no, I expected them to be in the goodie bag - would've made perfect sense

if not for standard I think you'd certainly expect one in silver or above - seemed well cheeky to sell them for £7

I'm assuming there was a change of plan somewhere as the programme clearly expected everyone to be displaying their passes at all times, perhaps it was related to the production cost of the lanyards.

Edited by Gonzoxl5

Did mention about lanyards to the guy on collecting the NOT-SO-Goodie bag and was told we are out go and buy one :grump:

Why would you have a pass that needed a lanyard if they did not intent to supply one. I used one from home on the second day. They website only showed t shirts and programmes for sale up to today.

I paid for gold VIP and had to use my own lanyard from another covention as I never got one

• Like 1

When we were first lining up to collect our goody bags on Friday (10am when it first opened) They were giving away lanyards to anyone that asked for one. Once go to the front (gold pass) we were told we could not have a lanyard because it was a mistake and only platnum and VIP should have been getting them. This was after they had given away 40+ lanyards to people with just a 3 day pass.

This was a company that did the merchandise for the event and i would be surprised if they did have any stock left ? as even we did not get any for our selfs , i will look into this , as i do think they did sell out.

jason

They were still on sale on Saturday morning I believe, but they did sell out at some point.

As to it being included - I've been on these forums and on the website since the tickets went on sale, and at no point has it been said that one would be included, so I'm not sure why people would assume they were. Personally, I *hoped* I would get one for free, but because it wasn't stated I was only being optimistic lol

They were still on sale on Saturday morning I believe, but they did sell out at some point.

As to it being included - I've been on these forums and on the website since the tickets went on sale, and at no point has it been said that one would be included, so I'm not sure why people would assume they were. Personally, I *hoped* I would get one for free, but because it wasn't stated I was only being optimistic lol

After spending £300 on a Gold pass. I was at expecting one due to how much I had spent.

After spending £300 on a Gold pass. I was at expecting one due to how much I had spent.

Expecting one doesn't mean you should get one. If it wasn't stated in the details of what you were paying for then they were under no obligation to provide one *shrug*

were the lanyards meant to be free? I had a 3 day standard pass (through the post) and i never got one then or at the show,m £7 is a **** take

regarding the clothing, guys, largest size xl? this is a trek con! lol

costly offical DSTL stuff also i thought

It sounds more like some people were given them free by mistake rather than because they were intended to be free.

I tend to agree £7 seems a bit steep but then I'm not a great fan of wearing lanyards in general so any price would be too high for me. I took the one I got with my Autographica ticket along to the show in case I needed to wear it but generally preferred to keep my ticket in my wallet and flaunt it when needed.

I am glad I didn`t gwt one because I hate them and they giving them away in every event. One more amazing thing about this convetion.

I wanted one for my crew badge, but when I had time to procure one saturday afternoon, they had sold out, I managed to get a chain eventually... I think maybe plain ones could have been made available by the merchandise staff... Its up to them what they sell though *shrugs* I know for next time to bring my own!