Any suggest a good place to stay close by?

Zahariel

• 3 weeks later...

We booked the ibis back in the summer, they used to hold Buffy cons there "back in the day" when it was called the Paragon so we wanted to take a trip down memory lane was £99 i think inc breakfast.

We went there 2 years ago to check out the bar upstairs which is really nice & hasn't changed a bit so if anyone wants to come for a drink in the evening after the event we'll be in there its open till past 1ish i think. As far as i know you can go for a drink without staying there.

We tried going to one of the smaller hotels you can find bit further away but they were all more expensive for a pokey little room so this year i'd rather spend the same money and get a decent room with a bar!

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 1

I still need to book my hotel actually, better to do it sooner or later, I don't mind the short walk so don't mind booking a hotel which is slightly away for cheaper, the less money you spend on hotels, the more you can spend on autographs ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

myself and my convention buddy stay in either Sara hotel, which is right behind the earls court. or the mowbray, which is nicer as it has its own bar. the sara is more of a simple place, small but clean rooms, no bar but you'll be so tired anyways all you want at the end of the day is a hot shower and a bed lol.

• 2 weeks later...

That does sound good - £200 cheaper then mine, though its non refundable. Sounds good to me - £200 is £200... Just means I have more to blow at the event...

13 min walk - nice and close.

EDIT - Looks like you can get cancellation insurance for £1.50... I'll cancel my previous and book here, thanks for the headsup

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...