Who was your favourite guest you met?

Mine has to be Robin Curtis, what a lovely woman. She'd played Saavik in my favourite Star Trek movie (Search For Spock) and always seemed to embrace the Star Trek community in a way that perhaps Kirstie Alley never did. I'd read dozens of interviews with her over the years and listened to her portion of the DVD commentary for that particular film so i'd always wanted to meet her and it certainly wasnt a let down. She was full of energy and clearly having a great time and was delighted to chat to us for a couple of minutes even though there was a small queue building behind us.

David Warner was great as well and i got a couple of minutes with him to discuss his work away from Star Trek which seemed to please him. Special mentions for Eddie Paskey, Sean Kenney and Bobby Clark as well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine has to be Robin Curtis, what a lovely woman. She'd played Saavik in my favourite Star Trek movie (Search For Spock) and always seemed to embrace the Star Trek community in a way that perhaps Kirs

Mine without a shadow of a doubt was Mr Biggs, but then again, we have been good friends since 2003.   I did send his agent an e-mail stating I would be attending and he recognised me walking up the

I'm going to give Doctor Sam Beckett the thumbs up as well!!!   My best experiences were with him, Nana Visitor with her beautiful smile, cheeky Cirroc Lofton and wonderful Kate Mulgrew (superb hai

Hard choice. I had a good chat with David Warner and a little flirtation with Carolyn Seymour. It really depends on how much time you are given. It was short and sweet with Kate Mulgrew.

Edited by Aaron2029

Very hard choice for me, they were all pretty good and personal other than Picard/Shatner (who were still great nonetheless as they're legendary). I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to meet David Warner as I listened to his talk.. I wanted to ask him a few questions about his other minor works like Scream 2 with Wes Craven..

Hard to say. Scott Bakula maybe. Lovely warm welcome and so engaging. For some reason not what I was expecting. Chase Masterson was lovely but my biggest surprise meet was probably Brannon Braga. I had a Voyager script of a story he'd written. He was really surprised to see it as it's a final shooting script I got from Ethan Phillips at EMS a few weeks ago. Brannon said it was pretty rare as even he didn't have many of them. He couldn't remember the specific story mind but it was from 1994 so i'll forgive him. But he even got Ron Moore across to have a look at it and we all had a chat about it.

Had a good time with all the guests though Avery Brooks scares me and I just never know what to say to him or how to approach him but he was great in the photoshoot.

Well I only had enough money to meet one and it had to be Kate Mulgrew and she was lovely! Bit too quick but I had a definitive nerd moment when she said my name to check she got it right. She may have completely mispronounced it but I did not care the slightest lol. Managed to thank her for Voyager (grew up watching it) and she so humbly thanked me back :)))

mine were bj g hertzler a great guy had a laugh while having my photo taken with him and robin curtis she was great. i can't remember were i heard this i think it might have been in one of the captains talks or from another guest that was signing were here for the fans without them we would not be were we are now.(or something like that lol) but there were also other guests that were great

Mine without a shadow of a doubt was Mr Biggs, but then again, we have been good friends since 2003.

I did send his agent an e-mail stating I would be attending and he recognised me walking up the 'runway' carpet towards him shouting,

"Simon , its been too long, where have you been ?"

We had a good 10 mins of catching up and reminiscing of the chinese meal we went out to that evening and the singing. . .(Nuff said)

He did say that during the break we would grab some time in the Green room, but I had a full on day with a list of other people to see, so unfortunately, that aspect did not happen.

A quick hand shake and see you very soon sent me on my long journey back to Gloucestershire

What a great guy!

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Kate was awe inspiring for me to actually meet her wow, Avery was nice and so was Scott both of which took the time to talk to me Nana was awesome got a hug and a hi how are u what's your name same with chase, David Warner was nice to taking the time to talk and apologising to the rush bumped into Robin, Rene, Nana and Martha at the parties all of which stopped and spoke to me for a decent length of time was so pleased

I didn't do any of the autographs. I noticed that the lesser celebrities were often happy to let you stand around and chat to them for a while, but of course the major ones wanted to move you along as quickly as possible.

I did do four photo shoots with Shatner, Stewart, Bakula and De Lancie.

1. They set Shatner up with his back to the queue so there was no eye contact on your approach. Just a quick five second pose and glance back at his quiet murmer of "Thanks" or whatever.

2. Stewart was standing and facing the queue, but refused to shake hands with anyone. He'd make a little effort for kids and babies, but that was about it. He was honest enough to stop me from leaving after my photo, saying he'd blinked and asked for it to be taken again. I thought that was nice and thoughtful of him.

3. John De Lancie was a nice pleasant man with a disarming smile. He was happily shaking hands if you offered your own. He felt a lot more genuine.

4. My favourite was undoubtably Scott Bakula. He had a broad warm smile and open offered his own hand and said hello on your approach. He'd put his hand on your shoulder or around your back and gave a clearly spoken farewell when you were done.

I'm going to give Doctor Sam Beckett the thumbs up as well!!! :coolthumb:

My best experiences were with him, Nana Visitor with her beautiful smile, cheeky Cirroc Lofton and wonderful Kate Mulgrew (superb hair)!

By far the least impressive was Mister Shatner. Sat there on his chair, waiting for all and sundry to come and see him. I could go further with my opinion, but I won't.

In fact, out of the fourteen people I met, I have nothing but lovely memories from almost all of them.

Andy

:YAHOO:

• Like 1

Scott was genuinely warm and friendly, the best experience of the captains for me. Of the non-captain guests, Brent Spiner was terrific, making sure he took time to chat with everyone, even if they didn't initiate any conversation themselves. The fans in front of me were German and quickly moved away after having their items signed (either through shyness or because they maybe didn't speak much English), but Brent called them back and asked them what city they came from, how their trip was going, etc. Very nice guy.

My favourite overall would have to be Robin Curtis, though. Very approachable, chatty and likeable. Happily posed for a photo. My girlfriend was hanging back holding the bags and my camera, but Robin made a point of introducing herself and thanking my GF for coming along.

guests that really struck me as being interested in me were:-

Nana Visitor - still so hot! and so kind

Avery Brooks - Lovely touch in wanting to know your name

Scott Bakula - Warm and caring

Anthony Montgomery - Had a really great laugh with him

David Warner - We spoke for about 5 mins - what a really nice guy.

Andrew Ronbinson - Again spoke a while and when i mentioned the kids he asked names and ages and i showed him pictures.

100% honestly not a single one let me down all nice and friendly and held up to the ideas of star trek.

I WANT ONE NEXT YEAR

Had wonderful time with both david warner and andrew robinson, both were really friendly at photo shoot and took time to chat with them at auto, am really impresssed with them, but then i have admired both of them since i was a child. Although my pic with andrew looks like were related, its uncanny. :crying:

Had wonderful time with both david warner and andrew robinson, both were really friendly at photo shoot and took time to chat with them at auto, am really impresssed with them, but then i have admired both of them since i was a child. Although my pic with andrew looks like were related, its uncanny. :crying:

well we must see this photo!

Andrew asked me what i was looking so sad at in the queue when i looked at my phone! I told him Sunderland had just scored to make it 1-1 he laughed and mentioned his time in London taught him abit about football!

Great guy.

Hmm, I definitely can't just pick one. I was guest assistant for David Warner on Saturday and he was so nice and genuine to all the attendees that I left with day with a huge amount of respect for him. I really liked him as a person.

Big fan girl moment happened with Brannon Braga. We chatted about threshold and I asked if next time he would sign a mutant Tom doll. He was surprised such a thing existed and said he'd be happy to sign it. He was trying to think of a Janeway catchphrase to write on my autograph and asked Ron Moore, who just laughed that he couldn't remember his own writing. Because I am a writer myself, it was a huge honour to meet him. I think I may have a little crush on him now, lol

Martha Hackett was lovely. She held me tight in the photoshoot and the pic was lovely and genuine. We had a great girly chat about Seska and Chakotay and their baby which turned out not to be his.

I met Robin Curtis as she was having a wee nosey at the trolley of crew foot I was taking around. I didn't recognise her from behind and started to apologise and she was so nice to me and thanked the crew for all they were doing. She seemed really genuine.

I met Kate Mulgrew and although Janeway is my idol, I've come to the conclusion that such busy guests just aren't worth getting an autograph from more than once. She was nice and she was friendly, but she didn't have the time to engage with anything I said. Not hers, or the organisers fault. It's the nature of the beast.

All in all I had a wonderful time. I've been to one other Star Trek con in another country and this was a hundred times better even if I did work my socks off.

• Like 1