Sign in to follow this  
miltonbones

Who was your favourite guest you met?

For myself I would have to say my favourite guests were probably Andrew Robinson, Scott Bakula and Avery Brooks although I loved all the ones that I managed to meet. As a person I really find Andy Robinson to be so extraordinary. I've wanted to meet him for so long and I finally got the chance to. My only regret is that I didn't get to say the things I really wanted to say because I was just blabbering LOL.

Edited by TheTellarite

I got Brent Spiners autograph, he spent 5 minutes chatting with his handler and Michael Dorn about cellphones and cellphone covers which meant I got to hang about listening.

First I had a short meeting with William Shatner, for an autograph for my father in law (I was the girl in the striped sweather LOL)

Saturday I had my photo with Kate. Long queue... Was there at 17.20, photo was taken by 18,45... It was a very fast moment..

Sunday we went for the last talk Kate was having.

The boys from Enterprise! Scott, Connor, Dominic and Anthony... great fun and so appreciative of the fans. Such a pleasure.

Out of all the guests, my favourite moment was when Ira Steven Behr walked past me, I managed to call him and ask him to pose for a pic. Priceless moment for me. :-D

Scott Bakula! :clap:

I'd never met him before, but had absolutely loved Quantum Leap. So it was great to see that in real life he was every bit as nice and friendly a guy as Sam Beckett. (The character he played in that show.) I actually wished I'd brought more photos with me for him to sign, as I really loved chatting away with him at the autograph sessions! He would shake hands as soon as he met you, and also when you were departing. (And again if you went to the photo sessions..) And any time I asked a question he would give me his full attention, and have a quite a story to tell in his answer. And I loved finding out from him that he still keeps in contact with Dean Stockwell (Al). Such a lovely guy! :thumbup:

P.S And Jeffrey Combs was great as well. I gave him a photo of The Question from the old Justice League animated show, and half expected him to be insulted. And instead he loved it. (And like Scott too actually..) wrote a great personalisation without me even having to ask him to. (He wrote.."Jason..It's all a Conspiracy!" Which is sooo appropriate if you know the character.) :cool:

• Like 1

Had a good chat with Scott Bakula, Connor Trinneer and the fabulous Marianna Hill. she is such a sweet woman. Pity I never got the chance for photo opt.

Scott and Connor I got the "buddy" feeling straight away. Talked about everything, except Star Trek actually.. travelling, sports, food..music.. Still got a smile on my face. Chase never stopped talking :D She was fun and so cool!

Jeff Combs - he is a wonderful, friendly man and I saw him both days. On Saturday I went there to get his autograph. I was a bit nervous, because I really wanted to see him for years. After shakehands and a "nice to meet you" he signed my picture and another one for my mum. He was smiling all the time. I had my pocket camera with me and wanted to take a picture of him, signing my picture. He looked at me, stood up and said to his assistance, she should take a picture of us. She couldn't handle the camera and was holding it wrong way around. We were waiting and then we both said to her that it would help, to turn it around. We all started loughing. It's a very nice picture of Jeff and me. I told him, we'll see again on Sunday for the fotoshoot. At the fotoshoot I had the feeling, he remembered me from the day before. So I was standing there, totally happy to hug him and waited for the fotographer to take the picture. Nothing happend, the flashlight didn't work. He tried it several times till he could take the picture. I was so happy to have some extra-hugging-time with my favourite actor. Wonderful moments... :clap:

I also met a few of the other guests and every single person I met was wonderful in his/her way...

Scott Bakula: a funny and very friendly man. I had a picture signed for my mum and he told me, I should tell her that he is very sorry, she is not here. ;)

Gwynyth Walsh: the fotoshooting was sooo funny and she told me, that she likes my (selfmade) dress. :thumbup:

Dominic Keating: such a nice guy who seemed to like it, to be with his fans. Fantastic.

Eddie Paskey: always a pleasure. At another convention I had an autograph of him, this time a fotoshoot. He ist a wonderful person.

Andrew Robinson: who was smiling from one ear to the other when I told him, Garak was one of my favourite characters on DS9 and he did a lot of good work.

These person were absolut highlights for me, but I met some more and everyone was fantastic...

So many wonderful moments to remember... :dance:

• Like 1

Jeffrey Combs and Chase Masterson. Oh, and David Warner, who is one of my favorite actors even outside Star Trek (Cross of iron, The Omen, Tron, Masada and of course Time after time). They were all very friendly, had some nice chats and I finally got to meet great captain Sisko!

Edited by Praetor Steiner