Final guests for 7.9

MickeyT_1990

Would be nice to know a bit in advance as I like to sort out what SG stuff from home I want signed by specific guests a couple of weeks before I go...I don't always use the "freebies" you get with the packs and with Stargate no longer being produced I find the merchandise that there is around for sale rather pitiful in both amount and quality now... :no:

Sad that this is almost on us and apart from Michael, I'm more excited about meeting friends than any possible new guest now....this does feel a bit like the "forgotten fandom" these days with most Con organisers... :whistling:

Deeds xx

it is suprising that a 4th guest still hasn't been announced. i know guests can be announced the day before but if ther can be 5 or 6 guests coming wouldnt announcing no4 now be a good idea? i agree apart from michael theres nothing much drawing me to this one. it would be nice for no4 to be announced this week if i am able to get the money together to come next month.

Hopefully things will pick up after this weekend event, everyone is probably very busy trying to satisfy 15,000+ Star Trek fans..

However it would be nice to know maybe how many guest SM are currently talking to\attempting to sign for C7.9, whether these turn in to firm bookings or not.

Edited by Ian Barker

I agree that it is getting a little close now and no further guest announcements.

It is understandable, to a degree, that they are a little preoccupied with DSTL but this Chevron is a regular earner for showmasters.

I am working away from home till the day before the event so I would like to sort out my costumes ASAP and these are selected to be appropriate to the guest.

There certainly should be something up soon. My wife and I booked gold at 7.8 based on a one guest announcement for 7.9. I wont be doing that again - if I go at all.

However it would be nice to know maybe how many guest SM are currently talking to\attempting to sign for C7.9, whether these turn in to firm bookings or not.

Sorry but ME won't comment on who they are talking to at any one point, or in what numbers.

Don't worry as there is still time for guests to be announced.

I agree that it is getting a little close now and no further guest announcements.

It is understandable, to a degree, that they are a little preoccupied with DSTL but this Chevron is a regular earner for showmasters.

I am working away from home till the day before the event so I would like to sort out my costumes ASAP and these are selected to be appropriate to the guest.

There certainly should be something up soon. My wife and I booked gold at 7.8 based on a one guest announcement for 7.9. I wont be doing that again - if I go at all.

Yep me too...I got up at 6 a.m. and queued for an hour and a half to get a good low Gold Ticket number purely on the announcement of Michael Shanks...only for Shanks or RDA.....wouldn't do it again for anyone else....

Deeds

My first ever chevron was when Michael cancelled the first time followed by the next big cancellation which was Chris Judge and Ben Browder - shelling out quite a bit of money on a possible line up is getting a bit stupid.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

My first ever chevron was when Michael cancelled the first time followed by the next big cancellation which was Chris Judge and Ben Browder - shelling out quite a bit of money on a possible line up is getting a bit stupid.

You can still buy on the day if you don't want to pay in advance.

Also sorry, but I had to remove part of your post. We do have guests coming on the forum and what you had written could easily be considered offensive towards possible replacement guests.

I want to go, but having already met Michael, and having issue with getting the weekend off work, not really seeing the push to buy my ticket. Any other guest annouced would be awesome, but I guess SG is getting left alone xx

• 2 weeks later...