Feedback

Myself205

(Hope it's OK to start the thread, I ddidn't see one)

Lovely guests. I found Kiowa friendlier than last time I met him. Dan is always so funny. Gil was so thankful to us, was really nice!

As always, the event run quite smoothly. Thank you to the crew!

Some thoughts:

- especially for Saturday: it got quite crowdy outside the room for autoggraph (room too small!) and at times I didn't know if people were queuing, waiting. It was confusing and not easy to walk through.

- auction: not very well organised. I thought you were so eager to announce ET9 that you didn't put everything for acution. The auction for the chairs were ridiculous and happening so quickly after people left.

- ET9, other topic is opened

- the luggage storage on Sunday. The room was only until 5:00pm. When I tried to explain to the concierge, he asked me to come back later (I was leaving at 6:00) to move my suitcase if the hotel room wasn't full anymore. Thankfully, later on, another concierge explained that they would move the luggage. I found a bit stranger we could only store luggage til 5:00 when the con was ending later.

The think that really dispointing me was the autographs with Peter. It was like meeting a machine. He didn't personalise (so what's the point of buying an extra autograph?!), didn't aknowledge people, nothing! Yes yes, so he could go through everyone... I'm sorry I paid for the autographs and it's not fair that people got their autographs personalised or even a chat before. With the schedule, I was at the end on Sunday, not my fault!

I have to say peters auto session was so rushed and not great I know it was really busy and the poor guy must of been absolutely shattered but the woman who was sitting with him just grabbed my pic Peter signed didnt even look up not even a smile just felt a bit gutted as was so looking forward to his signing.

I have so much respect for Peter to have made it for the weekend for the fans but just wished I could of at least got a hello or something.

I thought the event was amazing but as an event management student here is some feedback from me that may be implemented at future events

Scheduling issues some were very tight and at times had a knock on effects from people getting 'extra' photos and autographs this was particularly the case on Sunday morning with Peter obviously his time slots were to accommodate the fact he flew in between filming commitments, but no personalisation at the Sunday sessions for those who were scheduled to go was not fair due to people not going to their sessions the day before on Saturday and deciding to get them all on Sunday, wasnt exactly fair to everyone else ... you either have one rule for all or no rule for anyone!

The Auction i left at the start as staying in a different hotel to get ready for the Prom party night, to me you didnt wait till people had vacated that wanted to leave before starting thus a bit slack on organising

The themed night though were good i felt effort into making them look less like a kids party would have been more ideal even if you ask for some of the attendees to help decorate up this would have added to the overall event experience and made people connect more, which is a main component for future attendance.

The Prom night guests visiting this was where alot of people got the grump on ... yes the minute Peter walked in he was followed everywhere but to say this was solely newbies i feel was unfair of attendees to say and then to moan more when guests left early i think alot of people needed better control but i know this has been said somewhere else on this forum but perhaps having on door someone asking for passes so those that weren't wearing or didn't have turn up uninvited.

i did feel for all the guests though not being able to relax a little and feeling a little overwhelmed at the constant following about and not left alone for a time

Crowd Management issue --- you had too many people in one particularly area that was running alongside another event and the crowding was an issue, both from a venue management point of view and safety view, also some attendees brought children (i brought my 14 year old so before someone shoots me down i am merely pointing out a safety factor here) that just let them wander off even though their children were very young, i am sorry but this is a MAJOR risk factor and though showmasters/massive events will have covered this in their risk assessment of the event it is STILL your responsibility to keep a close eye on your child/ren i would have hated for a negative outcome to have marred this event.

Not enough information was given to attendees i felt .. i for one paid for 2 silver tickets and i wasn't aware till i got home yesterday that we could have collected a group shot photo as part of the package .... this should have been highlighted at registration

but i felt that some of the crew didn't have a clue as to what was going off at times -- maybe a better briefing prior to each day might have helped, or if any issues arise promptly notify ALL crew staff!

Dealer room -- could have been better just seemed to be photos nothing really WOW factor

Well that's my thoughts, i did enjoy the experience and it has added 4 hours (even though was there Friday to Sunday) to my E.I.E (Event Industry Experience) Module at University this year.

Edited by Peachicato

Hi there, I worked Reg desk on the Sunday, and every Gold and Silver that came to the desk during the day, I asked them for the badge number, as did Dawn, and we distributed the photos. I also requested for multiple announcements during the talk and quiz (which were done by Andrew Hornby) for people to collect them. We check each individual badge against a list and made the announcements as so many of you hadn't been to collect them

It was also listed on the website when you purchased your pass that they were available. Perhaps if you bypassed the website and went straight to the store, you may not have been aware of this. However, it can't list everything you would receive on a store, or it would be too unwieldy a page

• Like 2

Hi there, I worked Reg desk on the Sunday, and every Gold and Silver that came to the desk during the day, I asked them for the badge number, as did Dawn, and we distributed the photos. I also requested for multiple announcements during the talk and quiz (which were done by Andrew Hornby) for people to collect them. We check each individual badge against a list and made the announcements as so many of you hadn't been to collect them

It was also listed on the website when you purchased your pass that they were available. Perhaps if you bypassed the website and went straight to the store, you may not have been aware of this. However, it can't list everything you would receive on a store, or it would be too unwieldy a page

we left after 12noon to go home on the Sunday and i heard no announcements on saturday neither :( i have emailed to request them be each sent to me and my daughter so waiting on their response

My daughter and I came as ET8 was billed as the last ET convention. We came to ET4 but, due to financial reasons, haven't been able to make the ones since.

I have to be honest and say that the comparison between ET4 and ET8 was really noticable, particularly with regards to the evening parties. These were themed but, on arrival to the party room, the decoration, etc was really poor. Not sure what the two booths had to do with Prom night and the bar was packed away 15 minutes in to the Pyjama Party which meant a trek to the main bar each time you wanted a drink.

The guests were fab, Daniel was really funny and very entertaining during the talks. I felt that Peters' schedule was too tight and perhaps we could have foregone a guest encounter (am ducking here as sure this wouldn't have been popular) to give him more time to sign. I bought an additional autograph and was one of those who couldn't get this personalised. He clearly wasn't happy that he was more of a signing machine rather than someone who was there for his guests. He flew a long way to spend time with us and he wasn't given the option to speak to anyone. I am also aware that a number of guests missed their photo with them as the sheets weren't being marked off to say who had been called - my daughter and I were one of the last to have their photos' taken and this was probably more by luck than judgement as it still seemed that there were four groups left to be called if you took the sheets as gospel. Can see how these were missed off.

All in all, a mixed weekend but am glad I got to meet the guys and really I guess that's what this is all about.

• Like 1

Arrived around 9.50am on Saturday morning, waited in a line for around 20 minutes to purchase tickets at the Reg desk only to be asked to wait in a different line as it was tickets I wanted to purchase. After another 8 minutes waiting I found out although tickets were being sold, there were no badges. This was fixed by Andrew who promptly went and got some crew badges as a last resort for myself and my daughter. I wasn't too fussed about this, it wasn't a big deal to me.

First of we had autographs with Kiowa, Daniel and Tyson, everything was fine in terms of organisation for this although some crew members did seem rather stressed this time round.

Then my daughter had the group photo, again all ran smoothly for that.

Next up was the guest encounter with Peter which myself and my daughter went into and really enjoyed. We even got to see Peter's passport and heard some great stories from him.

Then it was time for the auction, I always love the auctions at ETs. I bid on the breakfast with Peter for my daughter. She was nervous but delighted.

Loved that the wolves were back and purchased a great pic of my daughter with them. The lady in charge of the photos ourside the main hall was lovely and we really enjoyed chatting to her.

We went down to the party too early and it was still pretty quiet.

The next morning my daughter was to have breakfast with Peter, things didn't go quite according to plan in that Peter was late due to him being so tired and jet-lagged, he was very apologetic about this and my daughter wasn't upset, she understood but was disappointed in missing out on time with Peter of course. Peter did make it up to her and it all worked out for the best in the end. She had a wonderful day and had lots of chat with Peter.

I understand why people are getting upset about Peter not being able to do personalisations on the Sunday, I suppose it was a difficult decision to take. It would have been fairer to say no personalisations for anyone all weekend, not sure what went wrong as I thought Peter arrived at his signing on time? I guess it was either no personalisations or some people would miss out on autos completely. Maybe they sold many more extra autographs for Peter that they expected, that would explain it.

We did the guest encounter again on the Sunday which again was lots of fun. It was totally different questions on the Sunday which was great.

Had a lovely weekend filled with great memories, loved seeing old friends and making new ones. Always feel a bit teatful when leaving an ET event.

My friends don't like Twilight so it's great to come somewhere where I can talk about it and people know what I am on about lol.

My daughter had a great time making new friends also and especially had fun chatting to Jess P, hopefully they can spend more time together at ET9.

Re ET9, yes this was supposed to be the last one and I honestly believe that was the plan but plans change, if the demand is there why stop the events? I for one am really glad these events will continue and we will all have another chance to spend another fab weekend together!

Special thanks to Andrew Hornby who I found really helpful and of course Mark, Jason and all of the crew.

Countdown to ET9 has started!

The good:

Fantastic guests and a fantastic turnout. Great atmosphere too. Thank-you for putting so much work into it as always.

The not-so-good:

It felt like we'd been abandoned in favour of Autographica. Most of our usual fabulously efficient crew, were at the other event and while I mean no disrespect to the crew members we had it wasn't as smooth an operation as it usually is. The photoshoot queues especially were fairly chaotic and extra photos with Peter were oversold causing mayhem on Sunday.

The dealers room could do with a bit of a refresh, some new stands would be nice.

Lack of crew attendance at the parties meant random people were walking in and out, we pay to get entrance to these parties in our tickets price so, in my view, they should be kept as exclusive as possible.

Lastly, the bar was removed from the party room on Sunday at 9pm, just half an hour after the start of the party, and meant we had to spend the whole night traipsing across the hotel to buy drinks. I left some feedback for the hotel about this and they informed me that the bar was removed at the request of the organisers. Am hoping you can shed some light as to why this decision was made.

I don't want this to come across as a long list of moans because that isn't my intention. I genuinely have a fantastic time at all of ME's events. This was my fifth Eternal Twilight and I've been to four Chevron events too. I wouldn't spend so much time and money attending if I didn't enjoy it. But if you don't get feedback you won't know if/where/when to make changes.

That's just my two pence worth. I look forward to seeing everyone again in 18 days at Chevron 7.9 :-D

i had an awesome weekend even though it was manic!!

i understand the need to stop personalisations but was gutted! i positivly felt awful for peter anx almost didnt do my photos wirh him cos he seemed so tired!!

the mess outside the autograph room on saturday was horrendous!! ive been to 5 ET's and never seenit so bad!! the sunday was much better with the board away from the door so people could see.

another thing that miffed me off was the rudeness of attendees!!! my mother was walking out of a party hall and almost wlked into Gil. she went to step round him and was thrown to the floor by an attendee who'd pushed her out of the way to have her picture taken with gil!!! this was rudeness at its height and thank god for Gil being a gentleman and helping her up with a lovely member of the crew. Gil also was not happy by this!!

I've mixed feelings about this con

The guests and above all Peter were awesome! It was the first time I've met him and I"m so under his charm lol :P

I had so much fun with my friends and I really enjoy the wolf picture!

About the parties: the decoration was so poor, the parties were a bit boring, my friends and I love to dance and have fun and this time we didn't experience that in the parties...

About the informations and the crew: it's was quite a mess above all on Sunday... Having to queue twice of three times is really getting on people's nerves. And the informations wasn't always the same from a crew member than from another...

It's such a shame that some guests had to work as robot instead of enjoying the moments they met their fans. I gave some presents to Peter on Sunday and even if he was glad I'm sure he would have liked to 'share' a bit more with me or with other fans...

About the ET 9: I agree with loads of you, I think it's a way to make more money... and it's a bit unprofesionnal...

Had a fantastic weekend. Agree with an earlier post re Peters autos we didn't get personalised and I had an extra one which I wouldn't have bothered with had I known that I wouldn't get it personalised. If he was gonna be pushed for time it should have been no personalised for anyone.

One thing I feel is really important to get across is the schedule is there for a reason and people thinking oh I can't be bothered to wait in a queue today ill go tomorrow when my group has already been called then I go straight in the queue to me causes chaos.

It should be a case of if you miss your slot you have to wait until EVERY group has been called before you can go back as it meant on the Sunday people who should have been called on time perhaps weren't due to the large queues because of people not going the day before. I just think if you had to go at the end and run the risk of you being the one not getting personalised it would encourage people to stick to the schedule.

All in all though what a blast. I can see a few complaints about the decor but I personally would rather have money spent on guests than decorations the party is what you make it. And the bouncy castle was hilarious I've never laughed as hard in all my life.

4 months til ET9 you say??? BRING IT!!!!

Thanks for a fantastic weekend the guest were

Amazing had lots of fun with them

Met some many fantastic people from last time

And also so many new ones

Pj party was a let down for me as there was no bar so had

Keep walking the long trek back to the lobby bar

Eventually did what most others did stayed in the lobby bar

Looking forward to ET 9

A big thank you to all the crew who helped it

Go smoothly Xxxxxxxx

FIRST IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND with wonderful guests lots of laughter and all the special moments

but as some said before it was a difference to the ets before (no idea if it was because the crew was splitted for autographica and et or if it was because we were more fans again (but Et4 was crowded too))

I can understand that there were no personalisations so everyone get his autograph but it should have been mentiond befor people buy extra vouchers they can not change!! Peter was on time to both autograph sessions so it was a mistake in the organisation and the time management or too many vouchers were sold NO IDEA

And i was a little bit disapointed how some crew members acted - like a friend of mine had 3 things in her schadule at the same time and went to the registration desk how this can work and they said try to get everything and about the question what to do if she miss one thing - then it is like this - this is not a nice answere SORRY

I know massive events wants to please all the new attendees that they come back and so on but being unhelpful to the ones who were at all the ets even at the ones were ME had troubles to get guests isn't the best way

Even with all this unhappy things I had a great weekend it is moaning on a high leavel because I was at other cons which were a disater compared to ME but I hope ME can keep there level and don't become like the other unspecial cons.

I am totally looking forward to ET9 and I am hoping that Massive Events is back at his best as we know them.

LAST POINT: would be nice if the people who are dissappointed would stop sending rude Tweets to Peter - think this will help no one - not the fans - and not ME for getting us good guests for the next one!

I understand people wanting to be with their friends but if that is the case buy tickets at the same time so you're in the same group. I don't think it's fair that people not going at the correct time has an effect on people like me who did do everything when I was supposed to on the Sat and didn't get anything on time on the Sunday coz of inflated queues

LAST POINT: would be nice if the people who are dissappointed would stop sending rude Tweets to Peter - think this will help no one - not the fans - and not ME for getting us good guests for the next one!

Agree with this comment, after all he could have chose not to come in the end and spent it with his 3 girls but chose to come to UK on a flight that would have one hell of an after effect on the body, he was without a doubt extremely tired and some people moaning about the littlest things really should get a grip as how would you feel if you had done the same ... think some people need to learn empathy and then they would fully understand

• Like 2

we left after 12noon to go home on the Sunday and i heard no announcements on saturday neither :( i have emailed to request them be each sent to me and my daughter so waiting on their response

The office has the list of all gold and silver, and it was ticked off during sunday so they know who is still to receive their pic

I had an enjoyable weekend as always - i'll start with the negative as i have a couple of slight grumbles....

- Me and my friend booked together but our group letters were split. I asked a crew member what to do and was told to go in with my friend in the lower letter, which was fine with me. Then when i queued and tried to get into the photo room, i was told that i needed to find too tall and get the letter changed officially and nobody knew where he was. Eventually found him, but a bit of a hassle when i'd already queued for a while for a photo op.

- Sunday night party - first time i'd stayed on for Sunday night. Quite disappointed if i am honest.... no bar in the party room so people mostly hung out in the main lobby bar - no decoration/no music - just lacked any decent atmosphere.

- Extra photos/autos - think this needs to be addressed as to how many extras are sold. Did hear of a couple of sessions going over the allotted time. Appreciate photo sessions are a rush in general but by the end of Peter's Sunday photo session, it must have been awful for those going through last as they were rushed through even more quicker than usual. I think maybe if its not the amount of extra's sold, then it could be people leaving their photos to the sunday session even if they were called on Saturday... the queues were definitely bigger for photos on Sunday!

- Gold pass drinks reception - i wasn't a gold pass holder but a friend who doesn't come on here was and wants me to pass on some comments (pretty much identical to the comments i made before which stopped me from doing gold!!) - too many people in too small an area. Too much noise from tables being so close, and too many people per table. People were following certain guests from table to table also. Suggestion to be made - do half a drinks reception on friday and half on Saturday??

Good points:

As always the majority of crew are fantastic.

The tickets/extras i feel are always fabulous value.

Instant photo printing is fantastic - loved getting my pictures back straight away

The guests were all fantastic, including Peter who gave up his weekend off to be with us all - he was a trooper the entire weekend. I did the dinner on the Saturday night with the guests and he was practically dead on his feet - still made a fantastic effort all around though - i don't know how he wasn't delirious by time he finished.

I thought the event was amazing but as an event management student here is some feedback from me that may be implemented at future events

I'm also an events management student (actually the best one in the country apparently - the course not me lol) and have worked for SM for four years amongst tonnes of other companies, and one thing ill front is that my degree has had hardly any implication on my work, its a very idealogical degree and not always something that makes someone a professional, I wish it did! LOL my degree hasnt really prepared me for anything in the way practical work has!

:band:

Edited by Talie

Agree with this comment, after all he could have chose not to come in the end and spent it with his 3 girls but chose to come to UK on a flight that would have one hell of an after effect on the body, he was without a doubt extremely tired and some people moaning about the littlest things really should get a grip as how would you feel if you had done the same ... think some people need to learn empathy and then they would fully understand

This is an absolute disgrace and whoever is doing this should be ashamed of themselves. :angry:

• Like 1

I understand people wanting to be with their friends but if that is the case buy tickets at the same time so you're in the same group. I don't think it's fair that people not going at the correct time has an effect on people like me who did do everything when I was supposed to on the Sat and didn't get anything on time on the Sunday coz of inflated queues

Sorry I have to reply to this one straight away even before I have made my way through the rest of the topic. I go with friends from all over the country and we all get paid at different times and some of us can't afford gold tickets (which some in our group had) so should I tell my gold ticket friends "sorry buy silver so we can go together so no on complains" my friend is likely to tell me where to go. Another thing is my boyfriend was meant to be helping out on the dealers table that weekend and last minute plans changed and he was no longer needed. We found out about this on Thursday (the day before ET8) so he ended up having to buy a ticket on the day. Should I not have bought my ticket at ET7 because I can predict the future that this was going to happen and instead bought myself a standard ticket as well (I was silver) on the day like him. I don't think so. I had to wait for him as I have health issues and need to have him with me but unless your going to pay the extra for him to get a silver (which is also pointless due to him not wanting the photos) then sorry but that one doesn't fly with me at all. People buying umpteen extra autos was more of an issue as opposed to people not going "when they were meant to"

• Like 1

Well I had a great time. Yeah there were a lot of people in the Gold drinks reception and Justin didn't come to our table and yes it does get your goat a bit when someone says that X and Y guests spent 10 minutes chatting to them and we got 2 minutes but hey ho! The only negative, and this had nothing to do with ME but the hotel was the Sunday party. I arrived shortly after 9 (after waiting for a food order in the main bar for nearly an hour and a half) and by 9:30 the bar was shut because they said they hadn't served anyone for half an hour! Everyone who turned up later (and it was quite a number) had to go to the main bar and since it was such a hassle going back and forth, a lot of people didn't bother going back to the party!

As for the photo for Gold and Silvers, I could have sworn that was listed in the things you got, I amazed myself when I remembered on Sunday morning cos I usually forget all about it!

My other slight complaint would be that I submitted quite a few questions for the talks on line and I personally think they were awesome so was disappointed none of them were asked!

Great job guys other than that!!!