Gold drinks reception

gillianre

Well all I can say is epic failure. Not enough tables - at least 20 people on ours at one point. But, to make matters worse, Justin was taken out of the room before even getting to us. Not very happy at all.

Edited by gillianre

I would like to add to this. There was some SERIOUS overcrowding at the drinks reception. it was my first drinks reception and i was told by friends that previous ones were a lot better as there were more tables, so less overcrowding. We arrived on time to the drinks reception but by the time we got our drinks all the tables were taken and after paying £255 we weren't going to split up...

We went to one table but didn't get any interaction whatsoever so we decided to try and make our own 'gathering'/table but we were later told that this was a no go. Thankfully Rhi (crew member) was so helpful and organised for us to table hop to catch up with the guests we missed and one crew member even got Daniel to come over and chat to us, which was nice. However, it doesn't make up for the fact that us and other people missed out on the full gold experience due to the lack of organisation - especially as we spent so much money because we were told at ET7 that this would be the last ET.......

Gillian - All we can do is apologies sincerely for Justin missing the table.

this was down to a misunderstanding between crew (keeping to a set schedule) - please accept our apologies

and don't feel that this incident portrays how we think an event is supposed to go!

also do not let it discourage you from attending another drinks reception.

on Justin's and my behalf

we say a massive sorry!!

I do hope that everyone who was present at that table were able to catch Justin on the evenings and i hope other interactions with Justin was an enjoyable experience for you! :)

Again Very Sorry for this incident

- Steph

This was my first gold reception and as much as I loved it

I was a little disappointed at not being either bigger tables

Or more of them I wasn't disappointed at the guest

Interaction on our table we had real fun but Alex commented on the sweets provied as nibbles

He said he couldn't beleve this is what we were given as nibbles

Peter was great got a lovely view of his nearly bare bum as he bent under the table to talk to a lady in a wheel chair

He actually blushed when we went OMG yummy lol

But then he did a party trick that went wrong and red wine got split on Pam Floods mum

All In all good but could have been better xx.

This was my first ET con and I was super excited about the drinks reception as everyone seemed to be raving about it. I missed out entirely, i could not get a look in at a table and when the guests came around i didnt even manage to say 'hi'!!! EPIC FAIL :(

Is this normal? if it is i wont bother with gold again coz I will only be dissapointed,

regards

Sam

P.S. other then that the weekend was AWESOME and Daniel is so funny x

• Like 1

This was my first ET con and I was super excited about the drinks reception as everyone seemed to be raving about it. I missed out entirely, i could not get a look in at a table and when the guests came around i didnt even manage to say 'hi'!!! EPIC FAIL :(

Is this normal? if it is i wont bother with gold again coz I will only be dissapointed,

regards

Sam

P.S. other then that the weekend was AWESOME and Daniel is so funny x

The drinks reception is normally my favorite part - don't let this one put you off. NORMALLY it is a very chilled, laid back affair with lots of laughing and plenty of time to chat to the guests. I know that I started the post off but that is only because I was shocked at how bad it was this time.

You do have to push yourself forward sometimes though, it just takes a bit of bottle on my part - sometimes a few glasses is enough though :drunk: I did chat to everyone this time so something worked :coolthumb:

I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone..not enough tables and not enough time with the guests...was all very rushed as they seemed more keen to get the guests out for the meal which was straight after... Better organisation was needed...

Drinks reception is the main reason why I like to go GOLD...& yes you do have to push yourself forward or you won't get much of a look in... I make sure I talk to all the guests... This may annoy some...but you gotta stick yourself into the conversation....that's just the way it is...

I was very let down by the drinks reception. The organisation was rubbish. There was far too many people on our table and people just followed guests (especially Peter) from table to table. We got barely 3 minutes to talk to some guests and like Gillian said, Justin never even made it to ours. I couldn't get a word in edgeways to talk to the guests nor could I hear them at times.

I've been told several times how enjoyable the reception's usually are so I was expecting something alot better than that.

My first time going gold and it's likely to be my last. I would have rather put the extra money towards a guest encounter and went silver.

In terms of the guests being rushed out for the meal that wouldn't normally happen coz the drinks reception is normally a Friday but coz of Peters late arrival it was moved. At ET7 there were obv fewer people there but I'm sure the room was bigger last time. As someone said earlier though you do need to be a bit forward but also appreciate everyone wants a little time too

I think the main problem we had with the drinks reception was that with my mum being in a wheelchair she hardly got to see the guests as there was so many people at a table until Peter bent down under the table to say hi to her - everything did see a bit rushed. mum is now hoping that the red wine comes out of her clothes!!

i didnt go to this event but after reading this u have to ask why were there so many on a table it should be limited & why were people allowed to table hop this sounds like chaos, & is hardly fair to anyone, ME crew should have stopped people doing this? I went to another con the other week (not ME) we had tables of 10 fans and a spare chair for the guest to come round it was all chilled and we got about 5-10 mins with each guest before a PA moved them on to other tables and the meet and greet lasted over 2 hrs so everyone got to say hi.

I usually buy gold at hallowhedon but the same thing has happened there for the last couple of years too and i dont think its a good experience if you cant hear or even get to say hello & i really would have thought this would be sorted by now with the amount of events being run. Sorry for everyone who was disappointed here.

Edited by buffy2k

I would like to add to this. There was some SERIOUS overcrowding at the drinks reception. it was my first drinks reception and i was told by friends that previous ones were a lot better as there were more tables, so less overcrowding. We arrived on time to the drinks reception but by the time we got our drinks all the tables were taken and after paying £255 we weren't going to split up...

We went to one table but didn't get any interaction whatsoever so we decided to try and make our own 'gathering'/table but we were later told that this was a no go. Thankfully Rhi (crew member) was so helpful and organised for us to table hop to catch up with the guests we missed and one crew member even got Daniel to come over and chat to us, which was nice. However, it doesn't make up for the fact that us and other people missed out on the full gold experience due to the lack of organisation - especially as we spent so much money because we were told at ET7 that this would be the last ET.......

No problem at all, so glad you got to meet the guests in the end :D

Just one thing

One of the member of the staff came to told me that the guests was talking to me too much during drinks reception... And also i was taking " all the place"

Even if she was very sweet when she told me that i have to say that it hurts a little and i think it was unfair because

; most of the people was behind me when they should be around the table ... I recognise we were too much people per table but in front of me was my friends with no one behind they ..

: As Justin said it was a very quite group and i'm sorry but i think it's very boring for the guest when nobody speaks. So yes i've talk a lot ... Maybe to much?? But i've paid for a drink reception ( at the end it was a waste of money) so i don't wanted to wait that another girls finally decide to talk.

I'm sorry if i've hurt someone or seemed rude but if you want to talk to a guest do it. Because you know we don't have a lot of time to do it... If you miss your chance don't blame the other that's all.

I repeat that the girl from the staff wasn't mean saying me that but as i said it hurt.

ps: i'm sorry fir my poor english