ANOTHER ET

mexxme

^ I agree, basing the fate of future ETs on the turnout of ET8 is silly....ET8 was successful because Peter was announced and people who came to previous cons didn't want to miss out on the last one. For ET9 the attendance will dwindle back down to the 300s, not that i'm complaining as i like it when there are less people to crowd the guests...I went gold for ET8 as myself and my mum sincerely believed that this would be the last one - we find it hard to manage the money for standard tickets let alone gold, so this was a major pain in the bum. Also, a tad unprofessional SM/ME....I'm not judging, if great guests are announced i want to be there in a shot....

I think if they get good guests there's no reason why the attendance can't be decent enough to warrant a 10th ET thereafter. I've been to every one and I've saw a lot of new faces this weekend and for these people meeting what would be repeat guests for me will be new for them. Speaking to newbies at the weekend they enloted it so much they are overjoyed there's another

• Like 2

im so happy that they doing another one cos i really enjoy going to them and meeting old or new guests,i have met Gil Birmingham 3 times now and i really don't mind that cos he is such i lovely man,so im going to be at the next one :)

does anyone know when the site for ET9 is going to be up ? cos i really want to book my tickets and the hotel :) xxx

I can completly understand where people are coming from on this. i was coming before Peter was announced/ the whole last one thing. I personally can see how Peter would be proper annoyed at this but he agreed to come by hook or by crook before it was announced this was the last one.

I personally am over the moon that there will be another con, this was my first one and was quite sad that it could have been my only one.

I am getting to ET9 even if it means not eating for 4 months to get the money!

I AM SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THE ANNOUNCEMENT THERE IS ANOTHER ONE AS LONG TEHRE ARE ET EVENTS I WILL BE THERE.

But I really hope ME is back at its best. Don't understand me wrong the con was great and Peter was here and was amazing but it was a difference to the ETs before no idea why but i hope it will be back to perfect next time in February

Can not wait to be back and see everyone again ;)

Happy we got a new guest can not wait to see Judy

I'm never going to turn down meeting Twilight guests - especially ones I've not met before - and hopefully ET9 will give another chance for this to happen. I was gutted that ET8 was going to be the last one so I was sooo happy they announced ET9 because I dont want it to end.

But then I thought about it and realised I felt a bit conflicted. I'd built myself up to deal with ET8 being the last and now I'll have to go through it all again.

I will definitely be attending ET9 but will wait to buy my ticket due to needing more money!!

I did think it was a bit naive of ME to seem to be so surprised that ET8 was such a big hit and therefore this is what made them unsure about ending the events. Its pretty obvious that the attendance doubled only because of Peter and it was billed as the last one.

I'm expecting ET9 attendance to drop again and I think ME will have to secure one or two big/new names for it to be as successful as ET8 or previous ones. Getting 2 repeats who are only very minor characters - regardless that theyve begged to come back - is not going to pull in the crowds! I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

xxx

• Like 1

Totally agree

i am super happy to have a new Et to look forward too. I always said i wished there would be one after the last movie.

I am going definitly because i love these weekends and it don't depends on guests for me. Just have to wait to buy my ticket after the whole Promotion Stuff but then i am in the online store

but i am with you - if they don't bring a big name guest (a cullen) the numbers will be back on the level of Et 7 i think.

It was Peter and the announcemnet of being the last event which brought the lots of people to ET 8

I am absolutely over the moon that they've announced this! I only found about these Cons this year and I really wanted to go but I had just returned from a Vampire Diaries one and got a pay cut at work so couldn't really afford it in the three month before the con. I was gutted to discover it was also the last one so I was never gonna get to go but now they've announced they're doing another one in just 4 months! I'm definitely going! I can't wait!