ANOTHER ET

mexxme

How exciting during todays aution we were told there's another on ET next feb. Defo going gold next time. This convention hasn't ended yet but I'm looking fowards to bying another ticket. Thanks everyone :-)

ive been to 5 ets, and only came to this one as we were told it WAS THE LAST ONE, deffo wont be going to et9 as me and my friend feel cheated and there was no order in the corridors and the photo shoot today were just ridiculous, loud music playing, no order what so over just a huge pathetic mess,and just a money making game now. dont care if no one likes what ive put either. so dissapointed in massive events and thw whole mess...

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on whether you went to ET8 because it was the last one or if you'd been to them all. I know if I went to a Hallowhedon thinking it was going to be the last one I'd be delighted if they announced another one for next year.

• Like 3

I think it's poor business to be honest. How many people have missed out other important things or scrimped and saved to ensure they could go because they were told it was the last one?

I 100% will not attend, and am very disappointed in ME/SM to be honest. Don't advertise what you don't mean.

i missed the announcement about the ET9 as me and my daughter went back to our hotel (werent staying in Hilton) to get ready for the Prom.

studying Events Management i saw things that could be improved upon but none the less this was our 1st con and i would welcome the chance to come again .. funds allowing :)

what guests if any have said they are possibly coming?

I felt EXTREMELY sorry for Peter Facinelli if i am to be honest for being followed about like a shepherd tending to his sheep, plus the poor guy had been without 36 hours sleep and tbh alot of you moaned (old and new attendees) i would be quite grateful that he still came despite his current hectic working commitments.

• Like 2

I'm over the moon that there's another one. I want another 8! And I don't think anyone needs to feel cheated. ME aren't about making loads of money unlike some cons ie shambles...just coz there's another one doesn't mean you have to go. I seriously can't understand people being annoyed about it. It's something to be happy about! To be fair ME you can't please everyone but you have pleased me and all my friends. WE WANT MORE!!!

Edited by 1of2
inappropriate language

I'd love there to be another one, but if you think about what Jason said in one of the other posts about attendance last time, the main reason this con has been so popular is because people thought it was the last.

I think attendance would probably go down again depending on the guests.

Personally, I am happy there is an ET9 as I didn't want to think I wouldn't be there again...

HOWEVER...

I DO feel sorry for Peter, didn't he rush out of work, get on a plane, spend the entire weekend with us whilst he was tired and jet lagged to then rush back to work again JUST because it was the last one and he wanted to make up for the cancellation before? He believed it was his last chance to make it up to us, and I don't think it was fair on him!

• Moderators

Peter is an extremely busy man. It's very difficult to schedule him for a convention over here.

Even with this not being the last one, it's very very very unlikely they'd have him back for the next one anyway, so really this was his 'last chance' so to speak.

• Like 1

I'm happy theres another, but I doubt I can go. Still annoyed that they said ET8 was the last then changed their minds :/

But I'm so grateful for Peter coming here, he went out of his way to see us and people repaid him by mobbing him at the party, felt so bad when I saw that!

What confuses/annoyes me it's that at the auction, theu said they wanted to ask us something.

BUT: they always say they don't announce guests before having contracts signed.

So, even before asking us: they have 3 guests (so 3 contracts signed), dates, venue etc.

It looks like they knew it wasn't the last one...

I have mixed feelings on it -

For those who went out of their way to attend ET8 thinking it was the last ever / showdown finale etc, I feel bad for them and understand their frustration and anger to hear there's another one - and so soon too!

If the next one wasn't until next Summer or something, then at least there would be a bit of a break, but to have one in four months time seems a little in their faces.

I'm upset for me 'cause I've always wanted to attend an ET convention, and the dates always clash with something (for ET8, I was going to see Jesus Christ Superstar Arena Tour, and then had a Choir Weekend Workshop). In March, I'm traveling to the USA on tour with a choir, so a Con in Feb doesn't seem possible money-wise for me.

And then for those that want it and can go, I'm happy - seems like an awful lot of people love and enjoy the Cons so that's great for them :D

I think the fact that another one now looks like its being announced (dont shoot me) is unprofessional. No body wants it too end but there should be time for things to move on. My main issue is that although it was announced 'ad hoc' at the auction the fact they have possible guest and a date seemed like its been in the pipeline for awhile, as well as this none of the banners or decor made a point of it being the 'finale' again that makes me dubious (but willing to be proved wrong). Its a big gutter to some fans who have really put themselves under financial strain to make the 'last one'.

Guest wise I worry that they'll never get the cullens there after because now that the saga will be coming to the end they will be concentrating on new projects and although the con has never been tied to them contractually I'm guessing the films still being current would have helped get them here. I also worried they may have burnt some bridges with guest who have made a massive effort to attend the last as a thank you to SM and the fans. In particular poor Peter who was so jet lagged but still came and still really made an effort all because he wanted to be there for the last I did a guest encouter with him and it was clear he was still under the impression that it was 'the last'. Hes a ridiculously nice guy but, if I was in his position I would be in a right huff after flying thousands of miles and feeling like death warmed up with jet lag but knowing deep down its worth it and then they decided to do another? If he was in a huff I wouldnt blame him.

From what I've heard they are deciding on another because of the response to this. It was the last as far as many fans were concerned so this will push numbers up and probably not the best way to judge things.

Anyway it was a fantastic weekend and if it was the last one I am 100% glad I made it there.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think it's been done because so many people bought tickets for this one, but the majority of people who came were either just there for Peter or were there on the basis it was the last one, so I'm thinking it's gonna be just as quiet as ET7 was? Either way, you don't brand something as the last/finale and then take it all back.

• Like 2