Clash with talks/photos

Hi I was wondering if there will be any procedure out in place to overcome the problem of clashing photoshoots and talks. I have a Gold pass and as it stands it will be impossible for me to get to the photoshoots and some of my talks. Will it be possible for me to swap my talk ticket with someone else as long as they are the same pass category IE Gold pass holder.

Well, for example, on Saturday the John de Lancie photoshoot starts only ten minutes before Patrick Stewarts talk. Even if you get through first (and I imagine there's going to be quite a few people with the same clash) you're going to struggle to get to the talk, and you're definitely not going to get a decent seat!

My Avery Brooks photo and Scott Bakula talk are around the same time on Saturday. Even if I go to the photoshoot first and then to the talk I'll end up at the back. One of the reasons for buying a Gold pass was to be closer to the front plus going late Main Stage hall will probably be full anyway.

My Avery Brooks photo and Scott Bakula talk are around the same time on Saturday. Even if I go to the photoshoot first and then to the talk I'll end up at the back. One of the reasons for buying a Gold pass was to be closer to the front plus going late Main Stage hall will probably be full anyway.

There will be priority seating for Gold Pass holders in the talk so you wont need to be at the back, you can just find a seat in your section which will be much nearer the front.

• Like 1

Well, for example, on Saturday the John de Lancie photoshoot starts only ten minutes before Patrick Stewarts talk. Even if you get through first (and I imagine there's going to be quite a few people with the same clash) you're going to struggle to get to the talk, and you're definitely not going to get a decent seat!

Need some helpful crew to get your through it, guess nothing you can do about the seating issue. Unless you're with friends and they save you a seat?

Need some helpful crew to get your through it, guess nothing you can do about the seating issue. Unless you're with friends and they save you a seat?

I think saving seats is pretty frowned on at conventions and I have no-one to do it anyway! A much easier solution would be if I could swap the talk ticket with someone else who needed a swap!

• Like 1

Yes I know at previous conventions seat saving is not allowed and I'm always reluctant anyway to do that because it can be difficult. I know the crew are always very good at the conventions but I don't really like going in part way through a talk or indeed leaving before the end. A fair swapping arrangement would work much better I think. It would have to like for like eg Gold with Cold, Silver with Silver etc. to make it fair.

I don't mean swap on here but with people on the FB pages etc. I know there a other people, same pass type that are in the same situation. I wanted clarification before I would agree to an off the record swap. It would be much simpler if Showmasters would say yes you can swap ticket but NOT passes. The swaps must be like for like eg Gold pass Scott Bakula Saturday Gold pass Scott Bakula for Sunday. We could do it ourselves through our GB contact and Hotel groups contacts. No one would lose out and I would be able to fit my additional photos in (I'm selfish like that LOL)

Can you make the second Scott photoshoot? I'm in the same situation and will just go to the second photoshoot. Problem solved.

Depending on timing though there may even be just enough time to go from the talk to the photoshoot and sneak in at the end of it. But easier to just go to the second one unless that clashes with something else for you.

Does Avery's 4pm photoshoot clash with anything else you have planned? Although I think the first will run longer than Scott's talk.

I have a clash with Avery Brooks talk on saturday with Martok and gowron Photo shoot means probably going to have miss talk or leave early, any help from MODS or Showmasters would be good

Leave the talk a little bit early. That's the only option I see unless you want to go through the hassle of getting up inbetween the talk and rushing to the shoot, then come back.

I have a clash with Avery Brooks talk on saturday with Martok and gowron Photo shoot means probably going to have miss talk or leave early, any help from MODS or Showmasters would be good

Next shoot isn't till 11.05, if the talk is only 45mins it could be possible to do both. Depends on the distance between stages.

Next shoot isn't till 11.05, if the talk is only 45mins it could be possible to do both. Depends on the distance between stages.

There's probably an about 5 minute break between shoots. With Avery's talk being one hour that would be cutting it extremely close.

I'm assuming I'd be best checking with crew on the day, but is there any way around a talk that is over two photo sessions? I have Connor and Michael's shoots on the Sat at the same time plus Shatner's talk during both... If it were just the photos, I could manage it (low ticket numbers) but the talk is a problem! Any suggestions appreciated!

I'm assuming I'd be best checking with crew on the day, but is there any way around a talk that is over two photo sessions? I have Connor and Michael's shoots on the Sat at the same time plus Shatner's talk during both... If it were just the photos, I could manage it (low ticket numbers) but the talk is a problem! Any suggestions appreciated!

Your assumption is correct I'm afraid, you'd need to talk to crew on the day. Go to Organisers Booth and explain your problem.

• Like 2

Michael's shoot looks like it might not finish until 13:45 and Connor's at 13:30. As Shatner's talk will most likely end at 13:30 at the latest you should be fine to make Michael's photoshoot.

It has yet to be confirmed how long the Captains talks are, so if they are 45 mins instead of an hour, you should just be able to make both assuming you ask the crew to put you straight through when you get there!

Individual Captains talks have been confirmed as an hour

Thanks Murph :-)

Michael's shoot looks like it might not finish until 13:45 and Connor's at 13:30. As Shatner's talk will most likely end at 13:30 at the latest you should be fine to make Michael's photoshoot.

It has yet to be confirmed how long the Captains talks are, so if they are 45 mins instead of an hour, you should just be able to make both assuming you ask the crew to put you straight through when you get there!

So it looks like Connors will be a problem. The only solution is somehow swapping the ticket (probably on the day) or leaving the talk 5 mins early :-S

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Any changes of tickets to another day where a clash with a talk has occurred will only be possible on the day, see the organisers' desk - be aware they may not always be able to help. (Clashes between photoshoots only can almost always be done without any changes by speaking to crew in photo areas).