Dean Cain had a table shot with me... but not anyone else?

tonystarkben

It's like when people chase celebs down the street for an autograph or something - really? Do you really want to take that autograph home and every time you look at it you remember how bad the situation was? Bizarre.

Thats my Hobby David .. I'm a aAutograph Collector and i often Chase celebs to get an Autograpgh .. IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU GET .... most i've asked have been pleasent and said sure .. i've even got hollywood stars by doing that .. they don't mind .. only the odd 1 or 2 (not goona put names on here) refuse ..

• Moderators

Thats my Hobby David .. I'm a aAutograph Collector and i often Chase celebs to get an Autograpgh .. IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU GET .... most i've asked have been pleasent and said sure .. i've even got hollywood stars by doing that .. they don't mind .. only the odd 1 or 2 (not goona put names on here) refuse ..

Sorry, I should've been slightly more specific - I've seen numerous celebs hounded and been made to feel awkward and unsafe etc. I would not want an autograph from someone under those circumstances.

I've waited around for autos from some of my favourite actors, and seen them literally bombarded by people and struggle to get away. I've stepped away from them, not wanting to cause them any unnecessary aggrevation or upset, and gone home empty handed because I'd hate to obtain one under such an awful situation. It means more to me to respect someone than it does to have a scribble on a photo or whatever.

• Like 1

It wasn't right at all and I bet a lot of disappointed fans walked away which wasn't Dean's fault or SM. Let's be honest, if a sign had of gone up stating a price, he would have made a lot more money than what he already did!

I was not disappointed not to have a photo. I would of got a photo op with him but I could not afford after paying out for Matt Smith's one. He was a great guest to meet and he was fantastic with my son, who went crazy when he realised he was Superman, which made Dean laugh! That was what made meeting him special!

Admittedly I do prefer photos to autographs but you have to respect the signage if it is there. I have missed out on photo opportunities in other situations but I made the decision in those ones, thinking of the celeb's safety first and foremost and there were other fans wishing to meet them. When meeting a celeb, I take what is given, cos either way it means I have met them!

In principle I agree with the sentiment that if you don't ask you don't get, but certainly not when there's a sign which already provides the answer! If no sign up then ask, if the guest refuses these requests, SM will get the sign up, end of asking in my view.

If a sign said no entry or no smoking would anyone adopt the same approach of "I'll see if I get away with this"? I think not.

Guests are people too and the respect between fan and guest has got to be mutual, it cuts both ways.

• Like 1

i agree is it says no posed photos then fine, but i have met guests who have said dont you want a photo? and even tho the crew have said no the guest has over ruled them, nicholas lea is one i can remember there were others too. if it says no i dont ask but i have been supprised by guests

i agree is it says no posed photos then fine, but i have met guests who have said dont you want a photo? and even tho the crew have said no the guest has over ruled them, nicholas lea is one i can remember there were others too. if it says no i dont ask but i have been supprised by guests

At that point though, it becomes different. If the guest is offering, then who would decline? I know I wouldn't!

• Like 1

It does happen in the States at cons from what Im told and from what I've heard. I just didn't think it was a nice thing for the agent guy to ask for a fiver from people. I saw him calling people over who were taking photos from a distance and asking for a fiver. From what I could gather they very politely told him to forget it and rightfully so lol.

Have I understood rightly, Steve Woolf (his agent) was calling people over who had taken photos OF Dean not WITH him?! If that's the case, I must have been lucky since I took about 6 photos of him as we were waiting to meet him and Mr Woolf was present but didn't approach me for any money although he can't not have seen me taking the pictures...

As for the no posed photos sign, I always respect that. One guest I particularly respected it with at a previous event was Gates McFadden, she can't have table photos taken with people since all the camera flashing gives her migraines.

As for having a photo with a guest by their table when they have a no posed photos sign up, I did this once, but this wasn't through my choice, the guest chose to do it. When Jason Momoa attended Collectormania Manchester, I took a Baywatch Hawaii photo for him to sign, he replied "oh f...k" and laughed and then leant over the table next to me held up the photo and posed for the camera sticking his finger up behind the photo. It was a spontaneous reaction and he meant it in jest but I got a photo with him that I didn't expect. However when he came to Milton Keynes this time, I made sure I booked my photoshoot instead! ;-)

At that point though, it becomes different. If the guest is offering, then who would decline? I know I wouldn't!

i can assure you i didnt and had a lovely hug with nicholas lea, took an hour to wipe the smile from my face!!!!!!

To be honest I didn't even notice the sign, but as me and number one son had already paid for the official photo shoot I didn't even think to ask as I knew we would get a much higher quality photo taken later on than the over the table lean, which can have very differing results.

As a more general point, I think it is only fair to respect the wishes of the person. I think I remember a few years back that Gates McFadden had no posed photos at a Collectormania because she was suffering with a headache.

When you are out and about getting celebs say at stage doors etc, then it is always worth an ask, most will say yes, but if they so no I have no problem either , it is completely up to them. I can understand some of them feeling uncomfortable when lets face it a random stranger suddenly grabs them in the street and want to have a photo with them.

It does happen in the States at cons from what Im told and from what I've heard. I just didn't think it was a nice thing for the agent guy to ask for a fiver from people. I saw him calling people over who were taking photos from a distance and asking for a fiver. From what I could gather they very politely told him to forget it and rightfully so lol.

Have I understood rightly, Steve Woolf (his agent) was calling people over who had taken photos OF Dean not WITH him?! If that's the case, I must have been lucky since I took about 6 photos of him as we were waiting to meet him and Mr Woolf was present but didn't approach me for any money although he can't not have seen me taking the pictures...

I also took photos but he didnt see me either but then Ive got a 26x zoom lens lol.

Yes he was calling people over that he saw taking photos from a distance and trying to get a fiver off of them. I think he probably soon gave up though as I didnt see anyone actually give him a fiver!

I also took photos but he didnt see me either but then Ive got a 26x zoom lens lol.

Yes he was calling people over that he saw taking photos from a distance and trying to get a fiver off of them. I think he probably soon gave up though as I didnt see anyone actually give him a fiver!

I took photos while he was signing for me. No one asked me for any money and I would not of paid it, even if I had been asked!