New photo pick up

Ladyofhay

I was "pushing" in photoshoot A on Saturday and even getting through 400 Matt Smith shots in an hour went great with the printing. If anybody needed a reshoot - eyes closed, looking away, mark on photo etc there were ushered back in to the front of the queue and another photo was taken - the original was taken from them and destroyed - stops people just getting multiple photoshoots that way!!

I was on Photoshoot B on Sunday catching the prints, checking for eyes/ reflections all that sort of stuff and I have to say it was an awesome feeling. Far and away one of the best innovations SM have made. Seeing that smiles as people collected their photos straight away was proof enough that it was working there was more time to focus on what was important. Granted it was made up of smaller shoots but we didn't encounter any problems throughout the day any blinkers headed straight back round for another close up!

When I got my game of thrones photo it had to be retaken because the camera and the printer weren't talking to each other, but I'm assuming its because it haden't been used for so long before I got there? Makes me nervious about being the first for photo ops lol But a defo improvment than from other cons where you have to wait for hours. xx

• Showmasters Admin

The most AMAZING thing Showmasters have EVER done!!

thank you very much

i will say there are a few other things we have down that is quit good :-)

1 VQ tickets we did that first at a con

2 free events started in shopping centres

3 crew that are trained and are regulars

4 350 first time gusts ;-)

5 first Signing event

6 first Star Wars con in europe etc etc :-)

but thank you for saying this its nice to here some nice things from time to time so thank you

jason

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

getting back to the photo ops

we have been working on this for some time now and it was a big step to take and a big investment for the company , but now we are seconded to none now in this field and have once again push the envelope to make the events and the service better for all the fans.

others have tried but with the numbers we have to deal with this systum had to be really worked out and had to work when it was at full speed and after the last 6 moths of running it thought its paces we are please to roll it out on Saturday and let it do its job .

its a shame that some of the old photo team did not feel that this system would work and did not agree to phasing in this new system, this was one of the reasons we could not renewing there contract to be the photographers at the shows which was sad , but some did stay on that felt this would work and the new photographers that came on to help all seemed to work out very well over the last few events and now we are open to take on more photographers of our choosing and find more people to help us capture your memories forever.

we never make a big jump without double checking and triple checking the system before releasing it to you.

we are now working on our next big Job the on line Jpeg that can be downloaded after the show , this will go on line soon but this is also a lot of work as we have every image going back to our first photo op at LFCC with Elijah Wood so soon you will be able to buy and down load a high res image from our photo op library.

we know you have been asking for this but once again we want to get time right first time so as soon as its running we will let you all know .

thanks for backing us everyone and supporting us now and for all the years before we could not do it with out you all.

jason

• Like 1

Can I ask a question please? I started another post on here but not really got a proper answer yet. Basically I was told to go through the photoshoot again after the first one didn't print. I take it my first photo would have been stored in the computer and could have been reprinted instead of me having to go through again? If so, is there any way I can get my first photo, as I personally feel it was a better photo for me.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78271

Edited by Zagreus

Can I ask a question please? I started another post on here but not really got a proper answer yet. Basically I was told to go through the photoshoot again after the first one didn't print. I take it my first photo would have been stored in the computer and could have been reprinted instead of me having to go through again? If so, is there any way I can get my first photo, as I personally feel it was a better photo for me.

http://showmasterson...showtopic=78271

I have forwarded your question, Zagreus. Like I said in the other topic, unless someone from crew who worked that area came on I'm afraid the mods can't answer that. We got a basic overview of the system, but we are not aware of details.

This was just a fantastic innovation, and a massive massive improvement. Thank you so much, cant tell you how impressed I was with this. Just magic, well done to all involved in the implementation of this new system, will encourage me to book more shoots now and not be worried if they take place late in the day.

PS- (and this isnt a dig at the prebious photographers) but it was lovely not to be barked at during the shoots either or chastised for no good reason. I had become so used to the "come on in sir, big smile sir, 2,3, thank you, come on in maam........" and sometimes it made the shoots quite daunting too, just saying it felt more relaxed and personal this time.

Edited by Nick

The new system sounds good. It was obvious from the few photos posted here that there was a new photographer or two but PLEASE give them lessons in composition (as regards using the shape of the photo, not going too near the edge and of course overall balance).

Also, why do most of the Matt Smith shots look like the people have been cut out from the background? Umbrella not right?

"come on in sir, big smile sir, 2,3, thank you, come on in maam........"

Why quibble about clear, efficient, unambiguous instructions? Just practise your smile and do as you are asked for the best results!

It's not the instructions that are the problem, but the sarcastic remarks which were often made under the previous system. Someone (no names) was well known to be quite rude to attendees on ocasions. In any case, I feel it's nicer not to feel like a piece of meat on a conveyer belt at break-neck speed, regardless of how clear it is, and at EMS this year I found it a more sedate and pleasurable experience.

Thanks Queen Sindel, but since this was where all the discussion regarding the new photos was taking place (including posts by SM making reference to past photos having been retained), I though this would the best place to hopefully get an answer.

On the subject of the new photos, to a professional eye they are VERY slightly inferior in quality and darker too, but the quality between photo areas A and B were always hugely different in quality and brightness anyway. So when you consider the plus points, it's a great new service.

Two minor criticisms though...it might be an idea of the photo handlers to still wear the white gloves. Three times the girls dropped my photos because they were trying too hard not to get fingerprints on them. And I I know the crew members loved dancing to the music being played in photoshoot A, but by the end of Sunday it was driving me round the bend. Please, either no music, or at least a bit of variety. Not just mad dance music all afternoon.

It's not the instructions that are the problem, but the sarcastic remarks

Oh - I am surprised at that happening. I have only ever had one shoot done and it was strictly professional in handling the customers. I am looking forward to being able to download a copy of it when the system allows (even though it was lop-sided).