Missing autograph help

Rockstar6662

Bit of a long shot but I've got home, unpacked and my James Cosmo autograph is missing.

I've no idea what i've done but in the very vague hope that I left it somewhere and someone picked it up I thought I'd ask on here.

It was a 10x8, one of him on a horse with a snowy background from Game of Thrones and was made out to "Howard". Can't recall if he wrote anything else on it.

Very, very annoyed with myself as this is the first time I've done anything like this and he was the main reason for going today. I normally put everything straight in my folder and can't believe I've not done that this time. Luckily the poster he signed is fine.

I'd be more than happy to cover postage costs if someone has picked it up but realise I'm really clutching at straws here.

Just have to hope he appears at another event.

Drop the office a line or ring them later that week. Chances are that it was brought to the Organisers Booth if you left it at an autograph table.

Cheers, I'll do that as well. Pretty sure I took it away from the table though as I usually do to put everything away and give the pen time to dry.

Trying to get hold of someone I was with who may have taken it by mistake but thought I'd put the request out there in case I did leave it lying around and someone else picked it up.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Yeah, you never know where you find stuff. When I came to the last Chevron someone gave me an autograph I had left in their room at the second to last one. I already thought that maybe I had imagined getting it at that point because I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't even remember putting my bag down in their room. :lol:

Yeah, you never know where you find stuff. When I came to the last Chevron someone gave me an autograph I had left in their room at the second to last one. I already thought that maybe I had imagined getting it at that point because I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't even remember putting my bag down in their room. :lol:

Quite. Normally very organised and never done anything like this before.

I usually go to a quiet spot and put everything away before going to next guest but we went straight from James to Gemma's queue this time. I left everything with my friend as I need to go to the loo and pretty sure I just handed everything to him and was going to put it away when I got back. He put my poster in it's tube so I'm hoping he stuck the 10x8 in his folder too and just forgot about it.

Its horrible when things like this happen. I really hope it turns up for you.

Thanks. Very annoyed with myself but hoping I've just overreacted and my friend has it. Waiting to hear back.

More annoyed that I didn't notice when putting the others autos I got in the same folder.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I've often left things on the autograph tables and walked away but the guest or crewers have always spotted me and called me back or I have a tendency to put things on the floor while sorting out my bag and then leaving stuff behind. Its so easily done.

I've often left things on the autograph tables and walked away but the guest or crewers have always spotted me and called me back or I have a tendency to put things on the floor while sorting out my bag and then leaving stuff behind. Its so easily done.

Yeah, it's easily done. Just never have lost anything in so many years. I'm sure I picked it up but my friend says he doesn't have it so I'll drop the office a line.

I did go back with my friend a few mins later though as he'd forgotten to get an auto for someone else who couldn't be there and it wasn't mentioned but they may not have recognised who it was for of course.

Oh well, just have to accept the loss and hope he comes back. At least it wasn't an expensive auto and I did get him to sign my poster too.

Dare I say, keep an eye on eBay.

Maybe not an entirely stupid but it has my name on so would be of limited interest. I'm hoping I just left it on the table when I had a photo taken with James. I was juggling camera/poster/bags etc so could easily have done so, just not sure now.

That might work in your favour. Unless who ever picked it up shared your name, it's of limited interest to them too. So selling a freebie wouldn't cost them much.

Of course if it weren't dedicated you've have little chance of spotting it on eBay anyway.

At least it weren't the poster. The first event I went to someone left their Star Wars posters in the Gents, that they'd spent who knows how much on over several years....

That might work in your favour. Unless who ever picked it up shared your name, it's of limited interest to them too. So selling a freebie wouldn't cost them much.

Of course if it weren't dedicated you've have little chance of spotting it on eBay anyway.

Definitely. I'll keep my eyes open. Have sent an email to the office. Maybe I'll get lucky.

At least it weren't the poster. The first event I went to someone left their Star Wars posters in the Gents, that they'd spent who knows how much on over several years....

O good lord, can you imagine? I realise there's more important things in life (health etc) but you'd be devastated. A poster is kind of more noticable if you leave it but I know these can take years to put together. I only started mine at Collectormania Milton Keynes this year but it's already looking very nice with 20 autos on and has cost quite a bit.

At least I'm only missing a £10 10x8. I'm just more angry at myself than worrying about losing the money as I'm normally so careful about checking I have everything.

Edited by Rockstar6662

• 3 weeks later...

Well a friend met James Cosmo again yesterday on my behalf and he remembered my photo being left behind at the table at EMS and said it was put to one side. Obviously I didn't go back as I didn't notice it was missing until I got home. It's prob been thrown away by now but I'll try and get an response about it.

Amazed he recalled but nice to know it was there at least.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...