I have some feedback

it's not a long ranty thing, just a couple of points.

I know it's partially my fault as I didn't read the ticket but I got an early bird ticket for Sunday which online say was from 9am (Doors open: 9am to 6pm both days. Last admission 5.30pm.) whereas the ticket said 10am which I didn't realise until we got there so had alot of waiting around with a toddler.

I also think that as the Sunday was so quiet (and from what I hear, the Saturday had been quite busy) is it worth trying to get a big person to do Sunday as well? I found it particularly quiet, enough that I could let my little Pikachu run around (not in an annoying way I hope).

And in general there seemed a lot less stalls so having it as the same cost at LFCC (which was in esscence twice as big) seemed a bit of a bummer, especially as we only got in an hour before the normal tickets in the end.

As a overall event I had fun it was just a pain that all the people I wanted to see dropped out the day before but I had already prebooked parking (and made our costumes) but I am glad I came as I met some lovely people (non guest) and as ever, the effort that goes into peoples' costumes is astounding so well done all!

Luv Tamasn the Freak x x x

In events past it has often occurred that a 'big' guest has appeared on both days. Sometimes the same guest has appeared bith days abd sometimes its been a different 'big' guest each day. Of course everyone has a different opinion on who a 'big' guest is but I can assume you're talking the likes of Matt Smith, the boxers, David Tennnat, Gillian Anderson etc.

I guess, only Showmasters can tell you for sure, but Id say that it just goes how it goes and they try and get whoever they can get for whenever and it doesnt always work the way we want it.

I agree it was very very quiet today compared to yesterday but it gave me a chance to peruse the stalls and take some photos when I never had the time or opportunity yesterday.

I also think that as the Sunday was so quiet (and from what I hear, the Saturday had been quite busy) is it worth trying to get a big person to do Sunday as well? I found it particularly quiet, enough that I could let my little Pikachu run around (not in an annoying way I hope).

And in general there seemed a lot less stalls so having it as the same cost at LFCC (which was in esscence twice as big) seemed a bit of a bummer, especially as we only got in an hour before the normal tickets in the end.

For me, both these points are actually a positive. The fact that it was so quiet on Sunday made the whole experience so much more enjoyable for me. There were no crowds, so you could actually walk about without getting crushed, I could view the stalls without having to peer over people's shoulders, and the fact that there were not as many guests that I wanted to meet meant that I was not rushing around and worrying about getting everything done in time. I was able to talk to each guest instead of just being ushered along. I found the whole experience much more enjoyable. In my opinion, it is one of the best I've been to in the last few years, simply because there was a quieter atmosphere.

For me, both these points are actually a positive. The fact that it was so quiet on Sunday made the whole experience so much more enjoyable for me. There were no crowds, so you could actually walk about without getting crushed, I could view the stalls without having to peer over people's shoulders, and the fact that there were not as many guests that I wanted to meet meant that I was not rushing around and worrying about getting everything done in time. I was able to talk to each guest instead of just being ushered along. I found the whole experience much more enjoyable. In my opinion, it is one of the best I've been to in the last few years, simply because there was a quieter atmosphere.

I totally agree. While being busy is great news for Showmasters, I found LFCC totally overwhelming and I had to get out of the venue because I felt like I couldnt breathe.

Yesterday though, while busy, it was a nice busy if that makes sense. Today, like you say, was a perfect opportunity to have a little nose around and enjoy things like the guys in costume that you normally wouldnt have the chance to do.

• Like 1

We could only make the Sunday this time due to other commitments, so whilst we missed some guests that we would have liked to see , we can generally say having that bit more time to chat with the guests that we did meet was fantastic.

It was my little boys 3rd Showmasters event (he's done a previouls LFCC and one EMS) and being a bit older, he's 5 1/2 now he was a lot more confident meeting the guests and having his picture with them, but it was really helped by how friendly the guests themselves were. I've already mentioned elsewhere about how fantastic Dean Cain was, but so was Robert Englund , Colin Baker and John Leeson.

With it being a little quieter on Sunday as well, you had a great chance to have a proper look at the stalls and we bought far more than we have on previous occassions, plus had a bit of sit down time drawing in artists alley and playing games in the video game zone.

As always the Cos Players were fantastic as well, we were really intrigued by the guy walking around with a Tardis on his head and there were some character that I'm still not quite sure who they were, but you can see people have really spent a lot of time putting a great effort in and many were collecting for charities as well which is fantastic.