Who was your favourite guest and why?

I met 19 guests, which was a record for me and the fact that it was reasonably quiet on the Saturday and very quiet on the Sunday it meant I did not waste much time queueing.

I thought Christopher Malcolm was a really nice guy, Laura Pradelska was very chatty and seemed really happy to be there and meet the fans. Same with all the other GoT guests. Gemma Whelan, Sahara Knite and James Cosmo, all seemed very enthusiastic (I had already met Daniel Portman in Glasgow therefore did not meet him again).

Not the biggest Star Trek fan but had to meet Jonathan Frakes and Ethan Phillips, two nice guys as well and good to see them joking around together. The Avellan twins were lovely and very friendly as well.

Highlights for me was the photo shoot with the legends that are Bruno and Tyson and the Elm Street guests. I had already met Robert but great to meet Bradley Gregg and brilliant to have my picturen taken with both Jesse and Lisa at the same time! Kim Myers and Mark Patton were great to talk to. Same with Joss Ackland. An actor who has done so many things but appreciates that fans know him for his mainstream work (Lethal Weapon, Bill & Ted etc.). Also Hugh Quarshie, George Roubicek and Mark Rolston were wonderful.

One actor, who I shall not name but had been really looking forward to meeting, was a disappointment. He seemed to be uninterested in meeting the fans, hardly looked up and just stood there with his hands in his hoody during the photo shoot. Glad I met him anyway for the autograph.

I would have to concur with those who've said Dean Cain, he was a really great guest who seemed to have time for everyone. I just wish it had crossed my mind to talk to him about the TV movie 'Dead & Deader' and his cameo in 'Entourage'. He was really good with everyone on the photoshoot and made it a very enjoyable experience, I was grinning so much my eyes were shut on the first picture so I needed a re-shoot!

• Like 1

All the guests I met were great!

I have to agree that Dean Cain was so friendly and happy to talk. So glad I met him and liked my Smallville poster (which he said he'd sign next to the 'S') - an absolute gent!

Meeting Dan Slott was amazing (see what I did there). I apologised for bringing so many comics for him to sign, I didn't bring everything but it was tough deciding what not to bring, he said don't be silly go home and bring the rest! So happy talking about things, excited about what's coming up, without giving any details, and that he was enjoying the show as a fan himself! - Thwip, Thwip!

For me though the highlight of the weekend has to be the Avellan twins! :wub: I met them both days and they were so friendly and chatty. They were saying how much they enjoyed the weekend and would love to come back (which I most certainly hope they do soon!). Maybe when they come back I'll be able to tell them apart!?!

darryl.

• Like 2

I only went on the Sunday, Ethan Phillips was great he wanted to know what I dreamt about the night before and told me about his dream involving a brothel and leprosy, honestly ! I had a screen shot from NYPD which he loved and showed it to Vaughan Armstrong which was cool as he had signed an NYPD Blue photo for at Coventry a couple of years ago. Mark Rolston also signed an NYPD Blue shot for me and remembered his appearance fondly saying that friends told him he had captured the essence of a New Yorker which he was proud of. Christopher Heyerdahl was great, I got a Hell on Wheels photo signed and he seems really keen on the show and now I can't wait for the second series from what he told me. Dean Cain signed a Las Vegas phto I had and remembered how much fun he had working on the show, he was the only one of the four you couldn't get a photo at the table with but I saw a sign saying no flash photography so I guess he has a light sensitivity problem or similar.

I was only there for about an hour or so, I think the biggest sign of the times was how much cheaper everything appeared to be on the stalls so the economy may also partly be responsible for how quite it seemed to be.

Everyone I met was great but special mentions to

Matt Smith, was always going to be a quick meeting but he said hi and we had a brief chat about his role in Bert & Dickie plus he was great at the photoshoot.

Dean Cain, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Possibly one of the friendliest people I have ever met. Hope to see him again.

Laura Pradelska from Game of Thrones was very charming.

The Avellan twins, so friendly!

John Leeson, had wanted to meet John for ages and he was great plus he remembered me at the photoshoot a few hours later which was pleasing.

Thank you Showmasters for another brilliant weekend!

Edited by Mark - Last of the Time Lords

Billy Gunn and Shane Helms were amazing. I could of spent all weekend talking to them. Absolutely hilarious and really lovely, so glad they were there and I'd love to see them at another event in the future :)

Got agree here. I've never been a wrestling fan so didn't know anything about either Billy or Shane but after GA'ing Shane on Saturday I think I got a pretty good idea. They were both real characters who had nothing but time for their fans. They helped to keep the area lively even in the quiet times in so much as I'd say there was hardly ever any quiet times. Great guys!

Other than that I only met Matt Smith and that was only briefly for a photo shoot but he came across lovely exactly how I would have imagined him to be. Would have loved to have met him for an autograph as well but it was an either or kind of thing for me this weekend. Really lovely guy!

One actor, who I shall not name but had been really looking forward to meeting, was a disappointment. He seemed to be uninterested in meeting the fans, hardly looked up and just stood there with his hands in his hoody during the photo shoot. Glad I met him anyway for the autograph.

His woolley hat didn't help either! My photo with him looks like we are both in a police line up but my mates think it is funny and I am pleased to have met him. When he signed some items for me at the desk I asked him what the highlight of his career has been so far, bearing in mind that he has been in some huge films and TV shows and he replied "The theatre!" :-)

His woolley hat didn't help either! My photo with him looks like we are both in a police line up but my mates think it is funny and I am pleased to have met him. When he signed some items for me at the desk I asked him what the highlight of his career has been so far, bearing in mind that he has been in some huge films and TV shows and he replied "The theatre!" :-)

Like I said I don't regret meeting him. I am surprised he appeared at a convention in the first place :-)

Like I said I don't regret meeting him. I am surprised he appeared at a convention in the first place :-)

I agree. I was prepared for him to be a little surly, so it came as no surprise and I am really pleased to have had the opportunity to meet him. How did your photo with him turn out? :-)

For me it's got to be:

Dean Cain - quite honestly one of the nicest, friendliest and mist gracious guests I have met, and he's got a good strong genuine handshake (which I'm also known for) so I liked that.

Matt Smith was great and polite/friendly despite being very busy. Did an awesome pose with me and the sonic screwdrivers.

Chris Barrie - really top bloke, and we had a weird de ja vu moment as he was convinced we'd met before (we hadnt) he tried to guess my name and got it right on the 2nd attempt! Was quite impressed with that.

Mark Rolston - met him just as he was about to go for lunch (message hadnt got to crew member managing his payments and they let me through), he graciously sat back down and signed my photo, then we had a good 5 min chat about Shawshank as I mentioned as he was signing that it is my favourite film.

• Like 1

Matt Smith was beyond adorable. My sister and I gave him a badger puppet (he's a MASSIVE badger lover) and he put it on his hand and pretended it was real and said a massive thank you. He was just so wonderful and smiley the whole time!

haha i wiped the smile from his face when i told him i had only arrived after getting a train from Glasgow!!!!! oh my goodness he said in total suprise!