Who was your favourite guest and why?

Haven't seen this thread anywhere else so here goes....

My favourites were Dean Cain, Chris Claremont and Matt Smith.

Dean Cain was a fantastic guest very nice and spent plenty of time talking while signing for his fans. His free talk was good and he was great fun in the photoshoots. He was very charming with the ladies too! I'm over the moon to have met him!

Chris Claremont was incredible, his free talk was an hour and very informative. He was good natured and friendly and signed everything fans brought him and without any charge. Such a nice guy.

Matt Smith was so polite and friendly and asking how you were did you enjoy the day etc. he did this but still managed to move things through at a quick pace. He was so good with his young fans too - a wonderful guest.

Well done Showmasters on a fantastic event!

it was an enjoyable day i had less money this time hat to miss out on a few stars that i wanted to meet :no: but the ones i did meet were excellant i met

Craig Charles as brilliant as ever

Clayton Mark was a really freindly guy

Kenneth Hadley again really friendy guy

Matt Smith what a guy he was a real plesure to meet would happily meet him again bring him back

• Like 1

I can't choose just one because they were all amazing!

Matt Smith was fantastic! The way he said hello to us when we get to our autograph made my day!

Chris Barrie, Robert Llewelyn, Craig Charles and Billy Gunn were all great sports in agreeing to have a photo with my son's class teddy!

Luke Campbell, Dean Cain and Robert Englund were all fantastic in speaking to my son!

• Like 1

Only met jonathan frakes, matt smith and the red dwarf guys. All were awesome but chris barrie was great, really chatty and very funny. My nephew met luke campbell, who was really pleasant to meet, spent time talking to my nephew and posed for additional photo. Great guests all round. Cheers SM.

• Like 1

I only went Saturday and met Matt Smith, Sahara Knite, The Avellan Twins, Dean Cain, Laura Pradelska, Ian Hanmore, Mark Rolston and Michael Carter, who was favourite always hard to say, they were all great but felt I had the best experiences with (longest chats, photos at desk when meeting them, nice and friendly );

Females: Sahara, Elise and Electra all equal and Paula

Males: Ian, Matt and Dean (again in order )

but they were all nice, some were busier when i saw them and don't have so much time and end up getting a lower scoring through no fault of their own

perhaps my answer would be different if the event had been very busy like they are sometimes

having been to loads of events It does seem to be that the female stars are generally the best

but I might say different if I was Female

a less crowded event like yesterday just stands out from the other events even though less big stars

as the day gives a more pleasing experience

I end up spending more at these more relaxed events than I do at the busy ones as the queues and jostling for everything makes me loose interest in getting autographs and buying from the stalls

for your autographs fees at a quieter event you actually get to speak to the guests rather than a conveyer belt autograph experience when seeing several big stars on the same day, so the event gets a thumbs up from me

Edited by gazznewbie
  • Like 3

Mike Tyson was really friendly and made an effort with everyone and Craig Charles was such a nice guy and was really making the group shoot fun, Chris and Robert were pleasant to meet but Craig stood out also when getting their autos.Robert Englund spent lots of time with fans when signing and any questios they had and although my auto from him was done quickly I didn't mind as was late in the day and even I was getting tired, so feel for these guys. His photoshoot was fun though and he tried to Make it unique for everyone.

Luke Campbell - seems a really down-to-earth guy, and even laughed at my joke about using my gold pen instead of "that silver rubbish" on my poster.

James DeGale - he started his photoshoot by letting 5 or 6 people hold the EBU belt while he held his 2008 gold medal. I asked if we could swap items and he was cool about it. Not sure I would be happy to hand over my medal to a random fan :clap:

• Like 1

My favourites:

Matt Smith - so adorable! And that hair!

Jonathan Frakes was well worth meeting - great sense of humour.

Laura Pradelska - she was so sweet and came across as really happy that people were coming to meet her. Had a great chat with her about Metallica and Rammstein, of all things.

Joss Ackland was lovely - I was talking to him about his role on Watership Down (very small, but very important to me!) and he was telling me about some of the actors with whom he'd worked in the old days, like Harry Andrews and Ralph Richardson. Pleasure to meet him.

Dan Slott was so enthusiastic and bursting with anecdotes - I sat in his Sunday talk because I'd got the two stages mixed up (I was intending to see Jonathan Frakes), but he was so entertaining it was rather a long time before I twigged that I was in the wrong place! Saw him afterwards and he was just as friendly then.

Chris Claremont - great honour to meet the X-Meister and he did a lovely personalization for me.

But I think Christopher Heyerdahl was the standout for me - his comments and Naughty Eyebrow Raise in response to my Supernatural-related question turned me into a gibbering idiot on the Saturday (OK, Psyclepath's comments from the side threw me right from the start, I have to say :P) and his antics in the photoshoot on the Sunday made my friend and me giggle like little girls (his auto was the best of the weekend too!).

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Everyone was very pleasant, but the person who stands out most in my mind is Dean Cain. He held out his hand to shake hands, he smiled and it wasn't just a smile smile, it was a beam, a genuine smile that denoted that he was happy to be there and meet the fans and that was really nice. He made conversation, he was just very very nice and meeting him was a highlight of the weekend! I noticed Steven Woolf from the IPA Network so I hope Showmasters use that connection again, he has some FANTASTIC stars on his books who are available for conventions, like Dean. Jonathan Frakes I was so happy to finally get the chance to meet too following previous cancellations, then when we got to the front of his autograph queue, we were stopped as he had to go for his photoshoot and then later on when we came back he had to nip out, I was convinced that the universe was conspiring against me to stop me getting my final TNG autograph!! ;-) But we met, he was great, the photo was great and the autograph was... well great! Thank you Showmasters.

• Like 1

We only met Matt Smith & Christopher Heyerdahl but they were both great, and both seemed to *want* to talk to my 8 year old for ages - hard for me to get a word in edgeways ;) We were dressed as Stargate SG-1 team members and Christopher Heyerdahl was much fun about it, calling Isaac 'my favourite human' on the auto and taking a fab photo with him with hand on chest in classic wraith mode - it pleased me, and Isaac just looks so starstruck and happy. I did briefly get to mention Sanctuary & Twillight to him & Isaac said that 'mummy won't let me watch them yet' which made him laugh :)

Matt chatted to him as long as he could get away with during the auto, seemed genuinely pleased when I said that Sylvester McCoy was 'my' Doctor but that he was the best since him for sure, and then at the photo shoot was already hugging Isaac and asking how he was before I'd even got in for the photo - my son is...well, energetic, lets say, and will be telling his entire class tomorrow, and quite possibly his entire school. He's already told 4 random kids he's never met in the park. I think it's made his *life*. 'I met The Doctor and he hugged me!'

(as an aside me also put his arm round Mummy and Mummy was very pleased and is a bit pink in the photo because of it! :blush: )

• Like 1

Chris Heyerdahl is one of the most decent human beings I have ever had the chance to meet. I sobbed. After the photoshoot I went for a 3rd signing to get out photo done, and I told him I hated how I looked on it and he said to me "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! You are so beautiful. Honestly you are stunning. This is a gorgeous shot. Wow. You are gorgeous" and then proceeded to sign the picture " To beautiful Sophie" My other two autographs were both hilarious and really personal to me. When I first met him I was shaking and he held my hand I see how much and then wrote that I shake like no other on my autograph. Hilarious. He took 3 photos with me at the desk and I honestly can't say enough good things about him. When he kept saying I was beautiful though, I sobbed so hard. What an amazing man. I so need to meet him again.

• Like 1

Luke Campbell - seems a really down-to-earth guy, and even laughed at my joke about using my gold pen instead of "that silver rubbish" on my poster.

James DeGale - he started his photoshoot by letting 5 or 6 people hold the EBU belt while he held his 2008 gold medal. I asked if we could swap items and he was cool about it. Not sure I would be happy to hand over my medal to a random fan :clap:

Glad you did ! I followed you , and holding a gold medal was a fantastic experience --and made the photo even better ---Thanks , James !

Bradley Gregg i hadnt planned to meet him but he was lovely and chatted for ages (there was noone else there at the time!) was my favourite guest over the weekend!!!!

Matt Smith i met him late on and he was a lovely guy, would love to see him again!!!!!!

Jonathon Frakes he was sooooooo funny, waited ages to meet him and it was worth it!!!!

Stephen Greif what a nice man!!!!!!!

i bumped into Gareth Thomas Welsh Rugby Player and fellow Sci Fi Geek, he chatted to me like an old friend, such a lovely lovely guy!!!!!!!!

Edited by rosie727

Electra and Elise were definitely my fave guests. I saw them both days. They were very friendly, chatty and just all round awesome. And a moment with Electra in the photo shoot that I'll never forget :smile:

The other stand out guests were, Matt Smith, Dean Cain, Frank Bruno and the RD guys. They all made you feel they were just as happy to meet you as you were them.

On Sunday I met Louise and she was so nice too. When I told her my name she stared at me and asked if I'd just been to see her. When I said no, she said she'd just had another guy with same name and shaved head get her auto. She had a good laugh when I told her not to worry that I was stalking her. Oddly enough she remembered me at her photoshoot too haha.

• Like 2

Must say that all the guests I met were friendly, wanted to talk and there was the calm in the queues that did not make it feel rushed or that you had to have your encounter rushed.

Firstly Jonathan Frakes was amazing, took the time to sign, chat, very friendly and his talk, was funny, amazing how much he has directed great guy bring him back anytime. :clap:

The Twins were funny their talk was revealing in some places, gr8 guests and a gr8 photoshoot with them. :wub:

Laura Pradelska was amazing too, bring her back anytime, same with Gemma and of course the great James Cosmo, gr8 guy.

Christopher Heyerdahl was very nice to talk too, a shame that there was no TALK with him, the amount of work he has done is immense, next time bring him with Amanda Tapping for Sanctuary. :coolthumb:

All in all, the guests that were there that I saw were gr8 thanks SM. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Matt Smith - Made sure he chatted with me, albeit a quick conversation. He thanked me twice for a portrait I gave him, said he loved it and he'd certainly be taking it home. I walked away blushing afterwards!

Mark Patton - A friend of mine on Facebook, I was so pleased to finally meet him, and got a hug from him. Very lovely guy, a complete diamond! Hope he returns soon.

Robert Englund - Laughed in his Freddy voice and growled"TIIIIIINNNNNNNAAAAAA!!" at me which cracked me up! :D Even wrote "My very first victim" on the autograph. Loved him!

All the guests that we met were fantastic, including the Comic Artists, everyone was fantastic and really friendly, but I am going to single out Dean Cain because he was absolutely fantastic with my little boy who is 5.

Dean absolutely made his day, if meeting Superman wasn't enough, right from the start he really made the effort to chat to him, pretended he was really strong and squeezed his hand , asked him about his t-shirt, how old he was, what he enjoyed watching etc, a lovely little chat and then when we went to see him in the afternoon at the photo shoot he remembered him and said his name and that he had been really looking forward to meeting him again, he then picked him up for the photo and had a pretend play fight with him. He was absolutely on cloud 9 aftewards. Robert Englund , Colin Baker and John Leeson were also fantastic and really made the effort to chat with him and make it a fun experience.

• Like 1

Wow...where to start, what an unbelievably great weekend!

Robert Englund was awesome, spent ages chatting to me about some of my favourite passages from his book on the Saturday and loved my t shirt (to which he remembered to recognise throughout the day!) then meeting him on Sunday he remembered me, I took my own 'dance of the dead' pic which he loved and started showing all the people nearby! Wrote my favourite quote from it as well :-)

Laura Pradelska was another real chatty person who was lovely. Billy Gunn was hilarious and Kim Myers was an absolute star, she spent ages talking to me about her future films and working in two big horror franchises.

Dean Cain was awesome. I never watched his interpretation of superman but I am a massive Smallville fan so got pic from that for him to sign which he really appreciated and again spent a good while discussing what it was like to be the enemy of Clark Kent rather than Clark Kent himself!

Nigel Benn gave me a massive hug when I told him how much I loved watching him as a kid (and kiss on cheek! lol) and everyone else I met was really nice to. Probably my favourite convention of all time.

• Like 1