Saturday 6th October

HughesA

Thank you to all the SM staff who were absolutely brilliant today. I only went to meet Robert Englund, Dean Cain and Mike Tyson and had fab experiences with Robert who chatted for ages at the desk and was in character for the photo. Dean was really nice, making time for everyone and an all round nice guy. Got to speak to him at the signing desk first then he continued the end of our conversation immediately after the photoshoot! I was surprised he remembered me!! I had booked the photoshoot with Mike Tyson but for those not aware this was supposed to be 11ish initially, was changed to 1225 before the show (which is fine) but then around that time as a queue had formed, SM crew got word he'd be doing the Tyson/Bruno shoot at 1330 and the solo shots with him at 4pm.

The SM crew handled it fine although one guy (crew at photo area A) was getting annoyed at the time change himself! I couldn't wait til 4pm as I had another commitment and at the organisers booth they promptly refunded me. I later heard some got exchanges for the Tyson/Bruno shoot - lucky them!! I wandered round the stalls but very little was of interest to me, much of the same stuff on most stalls and very "horror" based.

There weren't that many people there while I attended but still enough to mean Robert had a long queue for his photoshoot and autographs. Matt Smith was obviously hugely popular as was Tyson who had a massive queue most of the time and some confusion by those in the queue about what could be signed, when they could go in etc. Saying that two things I'll highlight is that people who did get an autograph and meet him were all praising him saying how polite he was and secondly the Showmasters crew were phenomenal.

It's not easy to deal with around 50 people who have queued up for 20 mins to have their photo taken with Tyson and then have to tell them it's been changed for later in the afternoon but they did it as soon as they knew and were very helpful. The crew member with Dean Cain was also really nice, she was just so friendly!

The boxers got a reasonably big crowd with some queues overlapping and Chris Claremont was great too.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the SM crew for being professional, friendly, courteous and extremely helpful at all times. I have nothing but good things to say about you and am coming to Star Trek London but plan to come to more events just to see you guys too. You do a fab job, well done and thank you.

The atmosphere was nice and I loved the Cosplay people walking around. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were brilliant!

Thanks for a great day and I hope everyone here has an ace weekend :-)

• Like 1