Matt Smith was just brilliant!

marktimelord

Was great to meet Matt for the second time today, he was an absolute gentleman. It was only ever going to be a brief meeting but he was really polite and friendly.

A big thank you to Showmasters for getting him to come along and also the new photo printing system, was great to pick up the picture as I left the shoot.

Might of been brief but was worth every penny!

He said hello to my son at the photo shoot but my son ran past to hide! And when we went to get his autograph, after being told who it was for said "Hello The Ellacott Family!!"

Brilliant Guest!!!!

• Like 1

That's a lovely story and I totally agree, worth every penny!

Might of been brief but was worth every penny!

He said hello to my son at the photo shoot but my son ran past to hide! And when we went to get his autograph, after being told who it was for said "Hello The Ellacott Family!!"

Brilliant Guest!!!!

He was fab! Sadly my eyes were closed in the photoshoot pic BUT the autograph made up for it. I have an unusual Welsh name which I apologised for as he was trying to write it, and he said "don't apologise, it's a beautiful name." Then purposefully used my name to tell me to have a great day (even though it is a mouthful to say!) Made my day. He was so lovely to everyone. PLEASE get him back again next year if you can - a true gentleman :)

Edited by hapusfymyd

I saw a girl a few ahead of me in the queue have a hug photo, so I asked politely if I could please have a hug, and he said sure. Stepped back when it was done and I made sure to thank him - what a lovely guy, you could tell he was a real gentleman.

It's also one of the nicest photos I've had with a guest (the others being David Tennant, Arthur Darvill and Anthony Stewart Head - who have all been in Doctor Who, albeit ASH was a guest in one ep and I know him from Buffy more!). Clearly DW actors are good for me ;-)

He was fab! Sadly my eyes were closed in the photoshoot pic

You should have told one of the crew as I believe you could have gone straight back through for another photo. One of the advantages of the instant printing - you can see any problems straight away and there's time to have it re-taken.

You should have told one of the crew as I believe you could have gone straight back through for another photo. One of the advantages of the instant printing - you can see any problems straight away and there's time to have it re-taken.

Yes, that is correct. If you notice anything like that again please let crew know and you'll get a reshoot.

I would have done that but we had to leave sadly :( No matter, I was just chuffed to meet him tbh! I'm rubbish in photos anyway! :)

he shook my hand twice in the photo area he is a real plesure to meet such a great guest

My brother was really happy to have got the chance to meet Matt today, he figured it out 2 days after he (Matt) was announced so my little birthday surprise went out the window but he still loved it all the same. I saw Matt walk passed and he seemed like he was enjoying himself so I hope he had a good time.

I'd also like to say a thank you to the crew who where organising the shoot today as we had the morning shoot booked but arrived late so went back for the afternoon one and as my we had low ticket number he was right in the first few people, my mum didn't want my brother to get squashed amongst the crowd as he's a tiny thing, everything went smoothly, from the picture we have, Matt happily posed back to back with my brother so it made it a cool photo.

Thank you SM for giving my brother a chance to meet one of his favourite TV characters.