Labyrinth Puppet?

sasari

I would assume that we'd need to wait to hear from Showmasters themselves after the event if it wasn't there. Did you ask at the Organisers Desk? They should have had an answer for you if it was there and you just didnt spot it, or if it wasn't there at all.

I was very disappointed about this as well. Was looking forward to it but just like last time it was announced that they were going to have the ludo suit, it seemed to just get

forgotten about. I asked about it and was told that it had to cancel...gutted

Yeah I also heard that Ludo was damaged during transport.

I can imagine the puppet is quite fragile since foam/latex degrades over time (it must be well over 25 years old now)

I was very worried when I first heard that Ludo would be appearing, because as you rightly say he's made of foam latex and what with the years piling up on him, he sure wouldnt look as good. I've seen some pretty damn harrowing pictures of Jabba the Hutt (which wouldnt have been that much older) and not much is left - eyes, etc.So an already frail pupp- creature, damaged also, I just only hope that the extent of the damage is minimal - sorry to be a sentimentalist here but I hope he's ok... And doesn't "Smell bad."

I can confirm that the reason was indeed damage. It was discovered when the puppet was loaded into the van and there wasn't time to fix it. So the good news is: the damage can be repaired. The bad news is: the repairs can't be done on time and Ludo will not be appearing this weekend.

• Like 1

I can confirm that the reason was indeed damage. It was discovered when the puppet was loaded into the van and there wasn't time to fix it. So the good news is: the damage can be repaired. The bad news is: the repairs can't be done on time and Ludo will not be appearing this weekend.

Oh, thank God! (Sorry I'm a big Muppet... Fan) glad that Ludo hasnt received any permanent damage :)

Thank you QS

Thanks Sindel, glad to hear it's repairable, hopefully will be able to make it to another event.

I was looking forward to the Ludo photoshoot too and was disappointed when I couldnt find him yesterday.

Poor Ludo! I'm sorry to read this and that he got damaged on his way to meet his fans! Wishing him a speedy recovery and if he's feeling up to it hopefully see him at another Showmasters event in the future. Glad Ludo can be repaired that's good news! If he's not up to travelling to a future event then I wish Ludo a happy retirement!

I heard at the event that he'll definitely be back at a future one once he's all fixed up and made better :) I was sad not to meet him, as was my 8 year old, but as I told him, it just gives us another excuse to watch Labyrinth *again* before the next show! I honestly think it's the film I've seen more than any other...well, maybe Princess Bride is a draw...

• Like 1

Was also disappointed he wasn't there, even more so when I was I told he'd been replaced by the marshmallow man (as much as I like him it wasn't the same). Sorry to hear it was down to damage but glad to hear it's repairable!

darryl.