and the small events

as well as the other shows in the UK

now we have

1 collectormanias a year

2 london events

1 CMG

and the small events

and a lot less other shows in the UK

so if we run less events my friend there will not be any ?

and with less events there is less chance to book the guests when they are around to coincide with a show , so remember the more the better.

i will point out a few other points that many of you will not know .

trasport on Sunday was bad due to a lot of rail links not working. so we felt that sunday was going to be much slower anyway so no real surprise there .

when we have run EMS we used around 6000 SM for the hall. this hall is 11,000 nearly double the size of hall we have used at all the previous shows, so its going to look much quieter. but saturday was fine and worked well for everyone and the numbers where fine and what we needed , the sunday was quiet and more so then we wanted but there is a lot of events on and we know most of the trekkies are not going to be there as they are saving for two weeks time .

and we also was very unlucky about the amount go guests that had to drop out , and we had a tough time replacing them at short notice. so i think this is what happened , its not a big issue really we have good events and slow events its the way of things , but at the end of the day we are not going to be able to make each event bigger than the last one every time , we knew one day the guest list would be lesser that the one before , we are not worried as this year has been the best year for guests and business we have ever had so country to what some people may thing we are quite happy with the weekend we thought it was going to be a bit quitter and it was , but saturday was a great day and i do think everyone that attended had a good time. it's really funny when we here people complaining that a show is too busy and then when we have a quiet show people still complain. so we just look at it as we try out best every thing to put on the best event we can and if there was the guests you wanted to see there they i am shore you had a good time meeting the guests and being at the event.

one show down 3 more in 2 weeks to go and what is looking to be the busiest Autograpica we have had in the10 years they have been running so one might be slow followed by a very busy one , its swings and rounderbounts but as long as everyone has a good time we are happy.

one last points i think people need to remember and i keep reminding the crew and friends of this as well

EMS is 3 years old , its not LFCC which is around 10 years old , it takes time for people to get to know of these events , not the people on here as you all know this but you are only 5 % tops of the people that attend LFCC , i talked to a guy today not hr phone how said when is the next event on ? and he did not know of LFCC this was his first event and thought it was amazing and is not planning to come to all the events , so like once when LFCC was the little sister to CMMK and everyone said we should just stick to the events at MK. EMS will grow.

thanks for everyone that did come and support this and all our events , and we will see you all again soon.

off to work on the next two weeks shows now

jason :WAVE:

the only fault i had with the show jason was its timing, but after traveling from the algarve (holiday) to glasgow (chris isaak gig) then down to london to get there 3 30 on sat just to see matt smith ( yep matt was impressed!!!) shows how much i enjoy the cons busy or quiet!!!!! i dont just go to the cons for guests, i like to look at the stalls (as gareth edwards wales rugby put so nicely its my guilty pleasure) and to see friends i have made at the cons, some of which are the crew

I dont think you, jason, have to defend yourself. Like i said before, no matter how perfect an event is there are ALWAYS people who will think otherwise. Just keep doing what you do and want to do because we all love it!

• Like 1

The red dwarf shoot lasted for an hour so wasn't over by 3:20pm. Lots of people still attended the shoot so not convinced by the argument that because DJJ was a no show loads of people cancelled their shoot - this wasn't the case.

I hadn't pre booked the shoot, as I arrived I found the booth with all the leaflets on and said is there any tickets left for the red dwarf shoot?

I got a very sharp 'no its been and gone' I said 'oh....I thought it was a little later?' To which she said 'yes DJJ had to cancel so we did the shoot with the other 3.....'

But she was rather abrupt. As if she had probably had arguments about it already that day ha ha I was only enquiring though so felt a little taken aback.

I then asked if she had any leaflets with the times for photoshoots and autograph prices (I had these at other events to help me keep upto date) and I got another very abrupt 'no' I just oh....ok thanks! I didn't quite know what to say she looked rather fed up.

Other crew members I spoke to were all very helpful though :) I was gutted about missing it and Chris Barrie said it may happen again :) ha ha

Have a far busier event, and then suddenly people complain there are too many big guests and they can't afford everyone. It's often a lose/lose situation when you're an organiser.

Do people really complain there's too many guests and can't afford them all? Wow that's a pretty silly argument! Having lots of guests is a good thing! It's not showmasters fault how much money they can afford! Lol

Infact having more guests would be better as it wouldn't be too bad when people drop out etc. can we please still have ludo!!

balance of scales views there are many. Too busy good for some, bad for others, too quiet good for some bad for others. :yoda:

Lol very true! I totally understand how being quiet can be good for people. But I just hope my point makes people think of the guests feelings as well as our own - it's not all about us sometimes.

But your right views are many! Xxx

• Moderators

Do people really complain there's too many guests and can't afford them all? Wow that's a pretty silly argument! Having lots of guests is a good thing! It's not showmasters fault how much money they can afford! Lol

Infact having more guests would be better as it wouldn't be too bad when people drop out etc. can we please still have ludo!!

Yep we certainly had a few say that kinda thing about LFCC. So yeah I'm sure you can see how no matter what happens, there'll still be some people that don't like it. It's an impossible situation lol

I think it's clear people will complain about anything ;)

I then asked if she had any leaflets with the times for photoshoots and autograph prices (I had these at other events to help me keep upto date) and I got another very abrupt 'no' I just oh....ok thanks! I didn't quite know what to say she looked rather fed up.

Yeah, we got there Saturday sometime between 10 and half past, and we couldn't find any of the Programmes around anywhere. :/

Yep we certainly had a few say that kinda thing about LFCC. So yeah I'm sure you can see how no matter what happens, there'll still be some people that don't like it. It's an impossible situation lol

Lol wow! You must rip your hair out lmao. My points may come across as stupid to some (they are always a valid point to me at the time lol) but that's ridiculous! Hey showmasters you didn't lend me £50 for my photoshoots! Lol ;)

Lol true....your not wearing pink underpants today....it's just not acceptable :P lol xx

Lol true....your not wearing pink underpants today....it's just not acceptable :P lol xx

Yeah sorry, black and boring haha. But you only need to ask for the pink ones ;)

• Like 1