Guest cancellation Danny John Jules

showmasters

You seem more fussed about DJJ appearing as unprofessional than you do about what possible reason DJJ might have for not being able to get in touch. You seem to assume he can get in touch but chooses not to. You've already made up your mind about him, which is not right.

Unless he is injured or otherwise. It is unprofessional for him not to let SM know. Apparently they had someone there to pick him up at the airport this morning, they even had his booth set up with his backing photo...so as far as they knew, he was coming.

Showmasters handled it well though, I decided on a cash refund (which was dealt with amicably at the ticket desk), as I'd prefer to get a shot with all four of them.

Shame really. I was gutted when Aiden cancelled and then to find out DJJ cancelled on the morning when I got there was somewhat disappointing. So it was a wasted journey for me...never mind.

Can someone tell me if the refunds at the sales desk will happen immediately, as in if the money will go back onto my card straight away? Or if it will take longer?

I may now be able to get a ride tomorrow to sort this all out and would like to know if this happens instantly? (Have to let my Friend know asap so I'd appreciate any reply promptly - many thanks)

Can someone tell me if the refunds at the sales desk will happen immediately, as in if the money will go back onto my card straight away? Or if it will take longer?

I may now be able to get a ride tomorrow to sort this all out and would like to know if this happens instantly? (Have to let my Friend know asap so I'd appreciate any reply promptly - many thanks)

It is down to the banks. Card refunds usually take two working days to be recredited to your account. That is not down to who is refunding it, but rather the card provider.

It is down to the banks. Card refunds usually take two working days to be recredited to your account. That is not down to who is refunding it, but rather the card provider.

Thank you. Its very much appreciated to hear this :) Your reply has been very helpful.

Thank you. Its very much appreciated to hear this :) Your reply has been very helpful.

No worries. Having both dealt with refunds as a customer and finding out the hard way they take two working days to go back on, but also having dealt with them as the business giving the refund, I made a point of going to a local branch and asking so I could inform customers as accurately as possible. That way, it gives them a date to check if the refund has been processed fully.

The only thing to watch out for is if it does not hit your account by Wednesday, check with your bank to see if they have received it. Some firms do not RECONCILE their credit cards everyday, which means a request is not fully processed until it is done. I worked for someone who told me never to reconcile the cards until the end of the week as the money stays in their account for a bit longer.

If you go tomorrow, check your account on Wednesday and then your bank if it has not hit by then.

I went up to the payment desk and got a full refund - they put it back on my card immediately. I just wish the sign made it clear there was only one person processing refunds as i and others were standing in the wrong queue! However, once i got to the right person it was dealt with immediately so thatbwas good. Hope Danny is OK and ill hopefully get a group photo at some point in the future!

For partial refund they are doing £10 autograph vouchers. There is nothing I wanted other than the photo so I had to get a full refund then buy another ticket, so hope they don't do it by number cos that would be adding insult to injury!

I must have want to the desk about 14:30 ish about my partial refund. Because I didn't want any other photos/autos they just refunded the £10 to on my card. And let me keep the ticket, that had the price changed and the pit boss autograph. So I kept my ticket number, without too much hastle.

cap

• 2 weeks later...

For partial refund they are doing £10 autograph vouchers. There is nothing I wanted other than the photo so I had to get a full refund then buy another ticket, so hope they don't do it by number cos that would be adding insult to injury!

I must have want to the desk about 14:30 ish about my partial refund. Because I didn't want any other photos/autos they just refunded the £10 to on my card. And let me keep the ticket, that had the price changed and the pit boss autograph. So I kept my ticket number, without too much hastle.

cap

I'm just unlucky!