Guest cancellation Danny John Jules

showmasters

Noooo! I'm not going till later so can't get to the ticket sales desk. Please can anyone update this thread as soon as more information is available. Although i'm still going for Matt Smith anyway but if DJJ is a cancellation then i'd go earlier. Fingers crossed he's stuck in traffic with a dead phone....

• Like 1

I've been informed through someone that spoke to the information desk that he's not even in the country. What they are offering is a group shoot with the other 3 and a £10 refund, or a full refund.

Personally i'm getting a full refund and heading over earlier in the day. I'm sure they'll get them altogether again some other time.

I am absolutely gutted. Debating whether to meet the others or not now.

Anyone update whether the partial refund would be automatic?

If you're going to the show (if I am understanding right you are going?) please ask at the sales table. Unfortunately I don't have any more info than what was posted here. I am trying to find out, but obviously the guys at the show can help you much quicker than me.

The cancellation announcement was made at 9.19am. Even though it looks now like he's a no-show, it seems a bit early to announce that he wont be there at all, purely based on the fact that he hadn't turned up by, say, 9am.

The cancellation announcement was made at 9.19am. Even though it looks now like he's a no-show, it seems a bit early to announce that he wont be there at all, purely based on the fact that he hadn't turned up by, say, 9am.

They can't get a hold of him either, that seems to be part of the problem.

We've had a lots of complaints in the past that on the day cancellations were not (or too late for some attendees) posted on the forum, so likely SM wanted to be precautious this time, especially considering it seems a lot of people are travelling because of the group photo.

I am absolutely gutted. Debating whether to meet the others or not now.

Anyone update whether the partial refund would be automatic?

If you're going to the show (if I am understanding right you are going?) please ask at the sales table. Unfortunately I don't have any more info than what was posted here. I am trying to find out, but obviously the guys at the show can help you much quicker than me.

I will still be attending, meeting the rest of them is still enough for me :) Will have a word with the sales desk when I turn up. Thanks.

I guess when you put everything together, his non appearance, not being able to contact him and that he was apparently out of the country this week until late this week it all points to a no show from him. SM must be pretty certain if they were willing to people their money back so quickly. It's unfortunate but one of those things that can't be helped

I was JUST on my way to the bloody train station when I first saw this, that was the only reason I was coming, for the group photo shoot. Had prebooked my Red Dwarf Group photoshoot and everything. Luckily I didnt fork out on the waste of train fare, back home now and fuming over this.

I realise that its not Dannys fault whatsoever. In fact I kind of got worried when he Tweeted from Guadelope the other day.

What happens now? i.e. regarding the £45 I forked out on for a Group photoshoot?

I was JUST on my way to the bloody train station when I first saw this, that was the only reason I was coming, for the group photo shoot. Had prebooked my Red Dwarf Group photoshoot and everything. Luckily I didnt fork out on the waste of train fare, back home now and fuming over this.

I realise that its not Dannys fault whatsoever. In fact I kind of got worried when he Tweeted from Guadelope the other day.

What happens now? i.e. regarding the £45 I forked out on for a Group photoshoot?

If you decided not to go now hold on to the ticket please. I will try and get clarification how refunds are handled if you now decide not to go after all. If you are going (maybe tomorrow?) you need to go to the sales table, they will process your refund.

If you decided not to go now hold on to the ticket please. I will try and get clarification how refunds are handled if you now decide not to go after all. If you are going (maybe tomorrow?) you need to go to the sales table, they will process your refund.

Home now, along with the early entry ticket I bought specifically for today as well (which I realise I wont be getting a refund over) I know that my Friends are going tomorrow for Johnathon Frakes, so I'll see if they want to take me with them so I can get to the sales table to get the group photoshoot refunded. I'm unsure if that would be quicker? I've never had the misfortune of dealing with sorting out refunds so I'm not sure how its normally done if its not actually in person.

It's a bit unprofessional on Danny's behalf don't ya think as he doesn't seem to have got in contact with SM, disappointed for those who were looking forward to this I bet SM aren't to pleased. But still 3 out of 4 is great if you haven't met them.

To be fair, I predicted this was going to be the case when he wasn't doing any promo for Series X, wasn't at the Premier the other night and had Tweeted saying how Craig had called him at some unGodly hour (time zone permitting of course) my opinion of this was EVEN if Danny had dropped filming in Guadelope he'd be knackered once back in good ol' Blighty? Also my suspicions were further raised when there were no specific details on the main page i.e. day attending, Auto price even though it was displayed with the other three.

But, Jason did say in the appropriate thread:

"all is still on for the weekend"

Anyways, it was a nice idea for them all to be there.

I was only coming for the group photo, what a waste! Has anyone there actually managed to get a refund at the desk? How is it working?

Go to the sales desk with your ticket. Tell them you want a complete refund and it will go back on the card (according to what Count Fooku posted). If you still want the photo and a partial refund unfortunately I currently can't confirm if it's cash or also on the card. But refunds are being done at the sales desk for sure.

I would assume that Jason checked with Danny's representatives and was told it was all still fine, he wouldn't have posted anything at all if he wasn't sure at the time that that was the case.

*nods*

Maybe that was even part of the reason why the Red Dwarf shoot was scheduled that late, to give Danny an extended lunch break and chance for a nap.

For partial refund they are doing £10 autograph vouchers. There is nothing I wanted other than the photo so I had to get a full refund then buy another ticket, so hope they don't do it by number cos that would be adding insult to injury!

It's a bit unprofessional on Danny's behalf don't ya think as he doesn't seem to have got in contact with SM, disappointed for those who were looking forward to this I bet SM aren't to pleased. But still 3 out of 4 is great if you haven't met them.

You have zero knowledge on the current situation with DJJ yet you can claim it's unprofessional..... :no: