Latest guest announcement - Matt Smith The Doctor

showmasters

crap! I only just saw this email about it today. and the shop is closed. I really really REALLY hope there are tickets for photo op/autographs available on the day. I'm already getting to the queue mega early as it is, so i might just get there earlier to make double sure. I actually SCREAMED when I saw the email. I've been busy the past few days so I haven't had a chance to check my emails. ah omg. Matt. EEEEEEP! lol I was gutted to see the online shop closed yesterday. bugger!

My friend and I will be there, so this is wicked! Don't think we'll have any photos or autos with him though, as just spent remaining funds from budget on DSTL stuff! + need to save up for all that synthehol we're gonna have at the DSTL parties ;-p

Don't forget, it is not Showmasters that decide the no photo rule generally. Showmasters want you to be able to have photos taken with them as much as possible, but sometimes there are other reasons out of their control.

Sometimes, it is also a case of the line is just too long, and the first 100 getting photos with the guest could mean another 200 that don't even get an autograph.

Repy to Rhianydd I understand the no posed photos rule by some of the more popular guests because of the long line of fans waiting for autographs but the fans should be able to take photos while the guest signs the autographs. I know it is the guests that decide whether or not to have photos. And I don't think it's fair to the fans that have miss out on a photoshoot.

Don't forget these people are signing autographs in public for the public and getting paid for it.

Edited by doctorwhoman

Repy to Rhianydd I understand the no posed photos rule by some of the more popular guests because of the long line of fans waiting for autographs but the fans should be able to take photos while the guest signs the autographs. I know it is the guests that decide whether or not to have photos. And don't think it's fair to the fans that have miss out on a photoshoot.

Don't forget these people are signing autographs in public for the public and getting paid for it.

The EMS show is not in 'Public', public is out on the street or in a bus station.The event is on private property and run by a business. Its only 'open to the public' ,then you choose to buy a ticket for entrance or not.You get what you pay for, a photoshoot or an autograph,the guests get paid for an autograph signing session and/or a photoshoot session.Anything else is a bonus entirely down to guests or the staff.some say yes some say no.If they say no for whatever reason its up to them.If its not fair on fans who miss out on a photoshoot (there choice not to buy a ticket) why is it fair on people who buy photoshoot tickets that others try to get a free one at a table. :smile:

• Like 2

but the fans should be able to take photos while the guest signs the autographs.
There are a few reasons why it may not be allowed. Including medical. Some people are sensitive to camera flashes. Guests are not exempt from this. It is not nice to have camera flashes going off constantly through the day.

If a no photo sign is up there is always a valid reason for it. It just may not be known to the attendee. All that is asked is that people respect and obey it.

Hi

Does anyone know how many more photos and autos are going to be available with Matt

im not really fussed to see anyone else so dont want to come if unlikely i shall see him and get pic

I had not checked the site a while and did not know he was there and thus also left it late to order tickets including an entrance one

so i would be a early bird pay on the door if i attend

is there any point attending or just hope he does another event soon how about the next MK

G

• Moderators

Hi

Does anyone know how many more photos and autos are going to be available with Matt

im not really fussed to see anyone else so dont want to come if unlikely i shall see him and get pic

I had not checked the site a while and did not know he was there and thus also left it late to order tickets including an entrance one

so i would be a early bird pay on the door if i attend

is there any point attending or just hope he does another event soon how about the next MK

G

Autos will mainly be available on the day - if you get there in good time you shouldn't have a problem getting an autograph. Photoshoot tickets were not sold out before the online shop closed so those too will be available on the day.

Thanks any one know exactly how many photoshoots are left

I don't have a pre-paid early entry ticket either

so shall have to queue for that then get in and try and get a photoshoot and autograph

is there any point getting the Train to London if i cant get both