Latest guest announcement - Matt Smith The Doctor

showmasters

Very good guest but £35 for an autograph without a personalisation... hmm I'll think about it. But really good guest :)

Who says no personalisation. They've been allowing it with more and more of the big guests at recent shows, although I missed out on Jeri Ryan personalising. Doesn't bother me greatly. Having met both Karen and Arthur, can't really miss out. Though was originally only going sunday.

Cosmo is a great add too. More for my GoT poster.

I hope Matt personalises as it would make my son very happy!

Great announcement :smile:

Anyone saying this isn't a big guest is just being silly.

He is for Dr Who fans, but not for anyone else who is not a fan of the show. Good job by SM to get him, but as guests go, an easy pass for me.

Unless a guest is announced that makes me say "need or must get" then I will probably be giving EMS a miss and save my dosh for next year's shows.

• Like 2

He is for Dr Who fans, but not for anyone else who is not a fan of the show. Good job by SM to get him, but as guests go, an easy pass for me.

He's a household name, star of one of the BBCs flagship shows. He is big. Despite all that still an easy pass for me. Meeting him 4 times in 12 months would be showing off, frankly :D

• Moderators

Exactly. Even if I didn't want to meet him, I'd happily acknowledge he is a big guest as the current lead in one of the biggest sci fi shows of all time. And to say its not big outside the UK is rubbish too.

Big guests aren't just about what you want personally. Some like this clearly are just big regardless.

This is wonderful! I wasn't going to come, but now I am!

I would love to see some the other main DW cast coming along (especially the main trio, given it's the week after their last episode.)

But in a perfect world, Alex Kingston, because she cancelled EMS last year and I've never quite got over it. :(

Photo and auto booked really looking forward to the show quite a few guests I want to see and Matt is a very welcome addition to my list. With DSTL in October too I'm thinking I will be desperate for pay day at the end of the month.