ok a big guest day tomorrow ?

showmasters

Putting the shoots on sale when a part of the attendance (in this case foreigners) can't access the store anymore is a bit unfair, and is another reason why Showmasters should really think about implementing the barcode system or any alternative that would just give everyone the same opportunities. I know the subject has been discussed already, but i think this is the perfect exemple why it should be considered...

I really agree with you, God L'Eponge! It is not our fault that we do not live in UK..

It could be possible, though highly unlikely, that photo shoot tickets would sold-out in a situation like this. We get a popular BIG guest and only UK-residents are able to buy the photo shoot tickets. Wouldn't that be at least a little embarrassing to tell foreign fans in the event "Sorry, but the UK fans already bought all the photo shoot tickets."

I love SM and their events, but yeah, I too think that this is little unfair.

i think jason is right warning people about a potential big guests it gives people time to get the money in the bank i wasnt going to to attend this show but ever since the Red Dwarf crew were annoucend i couldnt refuse the photo ops with all for Dwarfers you have to give jason credit for letting us all no

Well you could also argue that it would be unfair not to make tickets available to those in the UK who can receive them in time. Why should they be penalised just because people elsewhere cant receive them in time? Especially as they will make up the vast majority of attendees. Not saying its right or wrong just that the argument works both ways. Plus the queues on the day for photo tickets are bad enough anyway. Imagine if none were sold in advance. Is it not better to sell to those who can receive?

The only way to prevent this kind of perceived unfairness would be for e-tickets which could be bought by anyone right up until the photoshoot time, theoretically. But that's a whole other discussion.

• Like 1

I have learnt not to get excited about this as time and time again they have hyped up a potential big name and it is some 1 I have no interest in or do not consider to be a big guest plus at the last minute things could change and they can't make it......

• Like 1

Or how about that little known actress who was in Doctor Who, she played a bit part... Astrid I think it was, I forget her name but she's a part time singer I believe as well ;)

i think i know who you mean .. hasn't she got a famous sister :whistling:

Edited by Mr G
  • Like 1

I have learnt not to get excited about this as time and time again they have hyped up a potential big name and it is some 1 I have no interest in or do not consider to be a big guest plus at the last minute things could change and they can't make it......

True, on previous occasions I have genuinelly thought "who?" upon the revelation of one of these apparently "big" guests.

However having said that ...

On other occasions I have thought: "really?? theny managed to get THAT person?? that's impressive!"

And, once or twice, I have genuinelly been very very happy ...

Or how about that little known actress who was in Doctor Who, she played a bit part... Astrid I think it was, I forget her name but she's a part time singer I believe as well ;)

now I wonder who you could be referring to .............................

I think she's what you'd call Entertainment and Media and a Show (girl) all in one ;)

i think i know who you mean .. hasn't she got a famous sister :whistling:

I *think* so, another one who's Entertainment and Media... seriously though, if that ever happened, I'd die :P ... and purchase ALL the photoshoot tickets ;)

Edited by SilvaNemesis

True, on previous occasions I have genuinelly thought "who?" upon the revelation of one of these apparently "big" guests.

However having said that ...

On other occasions I have thought: "really?? theny managed to get THAT person?? that's impressive!"

And, once or twice, I have genuinelly been very very happy ...

Haha I'm the same, the 'big' guests for me are often guests not many people seem to be too excited about. In contrast, these hyped up big names are often stars from a TV series I did not even know existed :smile: