Guest Cancellation - Jaimie Alexander

showmasters

At this rate there won't be anybody left. Frakes and the Red Dwarf guys will be next.

I think with over 60 guests still attending, you might be blowing things out of proportion slightly.

I think he meant guests that aren't sports stars/voice actors/comic writers & artists. Actual actors and actresses in tv and movies. There hasn't been nearly as many at this year's EMS. Last year there were loads, and quite a few big games. This year not so much.

• Like 1

It's a joke ?? Every day we have cancellation and the announcement isn't the same quality that's we lost... I have never seen such cancellation before a show... We can ask us if the show will be always announced... So sad :(

It is always disappointing if a guest you were planning on meeting has to cancel their appearance, but it has always been, and always will be the case that they appear subject to work commitments. We all want our favourite actors, actresses, directors etc in work as it means more great work. I can remember in times gone by when a guest was called either at the airport or en route to the airport in the States by their agent to return home as the shooting schedule had changed last minute.

As regards not being the same quality as the announcement, that is unfair on the new guest as they are here to meet people who want to meet them. Everyone has different opinions on what is a quality guest, or a big name guest etc. We should keep in mind that guests attending, or their agents, come on these forums form time to time and can read everything written. To say Guest A is not as good as Guest B is not a nice thing to read.

Cancellations, especially where you have so many at an event like this which is different to a themed weekend convention, the chances of cancellations or rearrangements may seem higher and more noticeable as there are so many more attending.

I am sure you will have a great time, as will we all, when the show happens.

Very disappointing also because she was one of the first guests to be announced. I know there are always cancellations but this year they are all guests I wanted to meet (without exception) and all of them I would class as quite big.

At this rate there won't be anybody left. Frakes and the Red Dwarf guys will be next.

I think with over 60 guests still attending, you might be blowing things out of proportion slightly.

I think he meant guests that aren't sports stars/voice actors/comic writers & artists. Actual actors and actresses in tv and movies. There hasn't been nearly as many at this year's EMS. Last year there were loads, and quite a few big games. This year not so much.

Big names and types of guests are down to an individuals personal tastes. I have seen someone post that not many footballers are signed to appear in comparison to former events. But Showmasters have to keeop a variety for all fans of all genres. One friend of mine going is super excited due to the boxers signed. He probably wouldn't have gone if they had not been announced. So, it is all down to personal tastes. I think the show will be a great event.

Honestly no ... I acknowledge that I have asked to see some small but each cancellation is disappointing and there is no guest arrival to believe that the show will be saved. Maybe for English's people with Red Dwarf, the EMS was amazing but for most foreigners, it is catastrophic ... Budget to come and stay exceeds 200 pounds and necessarily cancellations can not monetize the show while a 15 shows in Europe this month. Given the CM18 or LFCC, we were edroit to expect a huge show and in the end it is very light ... this is a fact!

There are still many days left until the event and Shwomasters do try and book guests up until the last minute. You mentioned about a budget to come and stat being more than £200 as you live outside England, but there are some of us who have to travel to London and pay for hotels with little change from £200. You are not alone. It will eb a great event. Fun. Meeting fellow fans. Don't be disheartened.

Big names and types of guests are down to an individuals personal tastes. I have seen someone post that not many footballers are signed to appear in comparison to former events. But Showmasters have to keeop a variety for all fans of all genres. One friend of mine going is super excited due to the boxers signed. He probably wouldn't have gone if they had not been announced. So, it is all down to personal tastes. I think the show will be a great event.

In the past thought EMS has been very much like LFCC lite version, which was great. This year is the first year since 2008 that hasn't really been like that - and the first EMS I haven't gone to in that time. I do acccept that it's nice for other people of all genres though. I hope it's a success for all that go. It just shocked me a bit to see it changed so much.

Honestly no ... I acknowledge that I have asked to see some small but each cancellation is disappointing and there is no guest arrival to believe that the show will be saved. Maybe for English's people with Red Dwarf, the EMS was amazing but for most foreigners, it is catastrophic ... Budget to come and stay exceeds 200 pounds and necessarily cancellations can not monetize the show while a 15 shows in Europe this month. Given the CM18 or LFCC, we were edroit to expect a huge show and in the end it is very light ... this is a fact!

There are still many days left until the event and Shwomasters do try and book guests up until the last minute. You mentioned about a budget to come and stat being more than £200 as you live outside England, but there are some of us who have to travel to London and pay for hotels with little change from £200. You are not alone. It will eb a great event. Fun. Meeting fellow fans. Don't be disheartened.

In the past thought EMS has been very much like LFCC lite version, which was great. This year is the first year since 2008 that hasn't really been like that - and the first EMS I haven't gone to in that time. I do acccept that it's nice for other people of all genres though. I hope it's a success for all that go. It just shocked me a bit to see it changed so much.

LFCC is more definitive in its name - London Film & Comic Con

EMS is more open to meaning for some - Entertainment Media Show

It seems that same genres have definitely had better treatment in previous EMS events, and now some of us fans of other genres are getting the red carpet treatment. Next year it will probably change again. It is also down to what guests are avaialble. As the cancellations show, these people are in demand for filming work.

Unbelievable! After David Bradley cancelling, I thought well maybe I would go for Jaimie instead but now she is gone, I seriously doubt I will turn up just for one guest.

Robert to cancel tomorrow?

Robert?

Englund? Or has he already gone?

Ahhh, forgot about him. Not as far as I know. He is still there.

I've only just bought the photoshoot for her - I hope these will be refunded straight away as money is getting tight.

Posted Today, 02:34 PM

We are sorry to announce that Jaimie can no longer attend EMS. We wish her well and hope to work with her in the near future.

Any Photo tickets will be refunded as soon soon as possible, but please bear with us as we have a lot to process. Thanks

Showmasters! I cannot even begin the imagine what goes into organising a convention! Logistically, you are at the 'mercy' of so many variables.

All I know is this - on the day - despite my own disappointment at guests cancelling - the actual day is always fantastic.

I like the roller-coaster of guest announcements (and cancellations) - that's all part of it surely!!!