Musicals Convention

It's an interesting idea but not quite sure how it would work in practice because an original musical cast probably isn't likely to have the same sort of profile as a major film cast for example. Then casts change over the years or with touring versions of the shows.

Perhaps it might be better themed around a particular Musical, especially if there had been a film version as well for example to bring in a wider audience, but even then it may have to be tied in to be around the film launch.

Personally I love Musicals and I do collect autographs from Cast members after I have seen the Musical at the stage door so if you could get some live performances as well I'd probably go.

I don't think it needs to be themed around one musical. Musical lovers will have a wide knowledge of different shows and performers. The biggest is problem is that the guests would have to be performers not currently performing anywhere and they would have to be performers well known to those who are coming due to them playing a well known leading role. But if it had to be themed round one musical for me it would have to be Wicked.

It's an interesting idea but not quite sure how it would work in practice because an original musical cast probably isn't likely to have the same sort of profile as a major film cast for example. Then casts change over the years or with touring versions of the shows.

Perhaps it might be better themed around a particular Musical, especially if there had been a film version as well for example to bring in a wider audience, but even then it may have to be tied in to be around the film launch.

Personally I love Musicals and I do collect autographs from Cast members after I have seen the Musical at the stage door so if you could get some live performances as well I'd probably go.

Oooh, I've never had the guts to do that!!

• Moderators

The only time waiting at a stage door after seeing a musical really takes guts is when you are literally the only one there - which has happened to me a few times! (I see a LOT of musicals in any given year...)

Oooh, I've never had the guts to do that!!

It can be a bit hectic sometimes, depending on who is in the Musical, but most of the stars are happy to sign the programme when they come out. I've met some great actors and actressess over the years after seeing shows, some well known, some not, but it is great to have the opportunity to thank them. I think probably one of the craziest was getting Ewan McGregor and Jane Krakowski when they were in Guys and Dolls in the West End a few years ago.

• Like 1